chikler
+0|6597|Jimmyhat, Ontario
I like the 3 shot burst of the g36e, so when I am medic I am a ground pounder first, medic second.  Too many times I have been killed by trying to revive someone when no one is around to cover me.
EvilJebus
+11|6595
This post seems to have turned into "rant about anything medic related" so that what I'll do!

First of all, I don't usualy have a problem with people standing there healing me, it's happened once or twice but never in a firefight, in fact I don't remember getting healed in any form at all during a gunfight. I'd actualy rather not have the medic guy stand there like a moron holding a medic bag when we're getting shot at. I'd rather him kill the bad guy, and revive/heal me afterwards, instead of us both dieing because he decieded NOT to pull out his gun and defend himself.

Also, I tend to get revived when there are medics around, sometime this gets rediculous to the poing where everybody takes turns reviving each other while an enemy support guy is still shooting them, or a tank is still right around the corner. What you gotta remember is, you just got KILLED, medics don't like dieing anymore than you do, so they aren't going to blindly run out and revive you if it'll get them killed too.

There are some people who don't care about helping their team out, they simply want to play as medic so they can heal themselves and get a decent rifle. I do this myself, it's one reason I love playing medic whenever I'm not one I hate having to rely on somebody else to fix me when I'm hurt, but I still try to revive and heal people when I can, it's free points! Sure, it makes me mad when I'm a sniper and I got hit by another sniper, and all the medics just walk away, but hey I'd be hurt anyway getting healed is just a nice bonus.

The thing I realy hate though is when I'm a medic, and people wont take my medic bags! I want a free point, I want to help this guy out, but he just runs away with his 5 health left. It's even worse when they REQUEST a medic 20ft from me, and then run away, thats just plain dumb.

Finally, I've noticed that medic bag glitch after the newest patch too. I never realy looked into it, but I think it comes from you not actualy having a bag to drop (I belive you can still be holding a bag but not be able to drop it?) didn't realy look into it but that could explain why the original poster didn't get a bag dropped.

Last edited by EvilJebus (2006-03-09 12:46:51)

coreinflames
+12|6615
Now that i think about it, it is kinda funny that you can see you're enemy's med packs when they are on a different side of the wall.

I guess those med pacs got some kind of radio singnal that it sends out, and you the enemy has a gps that picks up the signal.

That is all.

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg
ProDicTeD
+2|6779

EvilJebus wrote:

This post seems to have turned into "rant about anything medic related" so that what I'll do!

First of all, I don't usualy have a problem with people standing there healing me, it's happened once or twice but never in a firefight, in fact I don't remember getting healed in any form at all during a gunfight. I'd actualy rather not have the medic guy stand there like a moron holding a medic bag when we're getting shot at. I'd rather him kill the bad guy, and revive/heal me afterwards, instead of us both dieing because he decieded NOT to pull out his gun and defend himself.

Also, I tend to get revived when there are medics around, sometime this gets rediculous to the poing where everybody takes turns reviving each other while an enemy support guy is still shooting them, or a tank is still right around the corner. What you gotta remember is, you just got KILLED, medics don't like dieing anymore than you do, so they aren't going to blindly run out and revive you if it'll get them killed too.

There are some people who don't care about helping their team out, they simply want to play as medic so they can heal themselves and get a decent rifle. I do this myself, it's one reason I love playing medic whenever I'm not one I hate having to rely on somebody else to fix me when I'm hurt, but I still try to revive and heal people when I can, it's free points! Sure, it makes me mad when I'm a sniper and I got hit by another sniper, and all the medics just walk away, but hey I'd be hurt anyway getting healed is just a nice bonus.

The thing I realy hate though is when I'm a medic, and people wont take my medic bags! I want a free point, I want to help this guy out, but he just runs away with his 5 health left. It's even worse when they REQUEST a medic 20ft from me, and then run away, thats just plain dumb.

Finally, I've noticed that medic bag glitch after the newest patch too. I never realy looked into it, but I think it comes from you not actualy having a bag to drop (I belive you can still be holding a bag but not be able to drop it?) didn't realy look into it but that could explain why the original poster didn't get a bag dropped.
Amen to that!
Dr0pped
+8|6725|Ontario, Canada

_j5689_ wrote:

I'm just sick of them not reviving people.  It really pisses me off that they're that selfish.
I'm not sure how you can see that as selfish? What does a medic have to gain by NOT helping you? Timing is usually the issue - when dealing with an intelligent Medic, that is....

It is usually better to first clear the area and aid in the firefight rather than to run out in the open, across the road, and be mowed down in your attempt to get a med pack to a teammate or shock a corpse. Usually when there is a dead body or a wounded teammate there, it is there for a reason. Make sure the "reason" is no longer an issue first...then heal/revive. Some people just don't think this way though, and that isn't restricted to the medic population.

I came around the corner of a building on Karkand, saw a wounded teammate across the road and an enemy firing at him a little further away (who didn't seem to see me). I took the enemy out and was promptly TK'd by my teammate because I didn't help him.... when the whole plan had been to help him afterwards.... Some people are just too stupid to live.... Needless to say none of my med packs found him the rest of that round...
ilyandor
+31|6659|Phoenix, AZ

khmer wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

man i hate it when i ask for a medic and they keep running away.  i just tk them and take the kit.
Wow the opposite for me. I see a guy with health all the way down to the last bar. I'm chasing after him, all the while throwing med packs (trying to get his attention) but he keeps on running the opposite direction from me until he gets killed and I have to revive the poor bastard.
Word. Aren't people stupid? I swear they should have made this game for over 21's...
ArkAng37
+1|6815|San Antonio, TX
na i drop em like crazy when i can. Im going for some metal and need alot of heals + i know that other people need em. But what i dont understand is if someone is hurting bad y dont they go call for a medic or go somewhere safe then call for a med?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard