Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6592|The Land of Scott Walker
Edwards you stupid douchenozzle, spin your teammate trying to bumpdraft in the corner, take out 2 teammates and Junior.  Moron.
Stingray24
Junior: "Some of those guys need to learn how to bump."

Well, at least Edwards put his hand up that he caused the whole thing.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-05 15:13:49)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

Junior: "Some of those guys need to learn how to bump."

Well, at least Edwards put his hand up that he caused the whole thing.
True and true.  Tbh, thats one of the reasons I dont mind Carl.  He's a pretty stand up guy really.  In that situation tho, what the hell else could he say?  hehe

Ah well, its Dega...its exactly what we expected...sorta...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
The final throws of a once good, if not great organization?  We have all heard and puked over the ordeal that DEI has underwent in the past year.  Was the run at Talladega the last gasp of a dieing team, or was it just a bit of the old 'Dega magic that DEI has been known for (albeit w/Dale Jr...)?
This article is interesting to say the least.  It brings some interesting points.
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

And as for the 01...
Read here NASCAR's written statement in regard to the yellow line at Daytona and Talladega:
Personally, I think its pretty self explanatory.  Not much "gray area" to work in.  Its a pretty tight box on that one.

I mean, this bit here..."This is your warning: race above the yellow line. If, in NASCAR's judgment, you go below the yellow line to improve your position, you will be black-flagged. If in NASCAR's judgment you force someone below the yellow line (in an effort to stop him from passing you), you may be black-flagged."

I can understand what Regan was going thru.  Hell, I've been guilty of it myself in the past.  He was racing for a career first.  He was racing perhaps, for his job.  He was racing for an organization that has had the shit kicked out of it in the past 18 months.  Its Talladega gents...there has always been, and should always be a special pride for DEI at 'Dega.  The man won there 10 times...  Jr 5... 
I feel sorry for Regan, I really do.  I wouldnt if he finished 2nd.  I'd have applauded him for his wise decision and went on about my merry way.  But now...it just adds more depression for a fan, that is a fan of the organization (well, sorta of Truex, but still...).
A more experienced racer would have feathered the throttle, stayed at the numbers on the 20, and been happy to take second.  Rookies dont always think like that, particularly when in the situation that Regan found himself in sunday.

It was one hell of a race.  One of the best I've seen at 'Dega in a long while. 

Charlotte this weekend is gonna be great...cant wait.
Stingray24
Story on SPEED about Dale Jr's spotter.

My take on Smith? He was robbed.  Tony forced him down there and Regan pulled back up above the line as soon as Tony gave him room.  Way to spoil one of the greatest races NASCAR.  I can see not dropping below on the high banking, but on the last corner of the last lap, an arbitrary line is STUPID.  There I feel better.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-06 17:23:30)

DSRTurtle
+56|6833

Stingray24 wrote:

Story on SPEED about Dale Jr's spotter.

My take on Smith? He was robbed.  Tony forced him down there and Regan pulled back up above the line as soon as Tony gave him room.  Way to spoil one of the greatest races NASCAR.  I can see not dropping below on the high banking, but on the last corner of the last lap, an arbitrary line is STUPID.  There I feel better.
NASCAR takethaway and NASCAR giveth.  They have punished Tony for a similar move when the first declared the yellow line out of bounds.  This time they giveth him the win for the same thing.  lol.  Gotta love them for the irony of it.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
lol
check this shit out hehehehe

Edwards...hehehehe

somebody is gonna clean his clock one day.   

lol
Stingray24
Me thinks Harvick could really open a can of whoop ass if needed.  That story gave me a good laugh, thx for posting.

-----------------------
Witnesses said Edwards approached Harvick in the Nationwide garage and the two exchanged sharp words, after which Harvick turned to walk away and Edwards grabbed him. Harvick then turned and shoved Edwards onto the hood of the No. 33 car, after which a Harvick crew member placed Edwards in a headlock.

At that point the altercation apparently was broken up. Officials from NASCAR had no comment, stating that the incident is a non-issue.

"I know that his fans won't be very proud of him sitting back there riding around like a pansy," Harvick said in a national TV interview after Talladega. "If he had been racing all day, maybe he would have known how long the front of his car was."

Stingray24
We need to get those photographers to release those photos.  Then I can make a pic with Carl thrown on the hood of the 33 and Harvick glaring at him with the caption "take that Ford boy". 
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Photo's of the fight
From the look of it, Carl was at a distinct disadvantage hehehe
Perhaps he now knows NOT to go running into someone elses garage stall hehehe.

Enjoy my friends:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/pgStory … to=8663842

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-10-11 14:39:43)

Stingray24
Looks like Carl is trying to use the claw.
Stingray24
Crappy Goodyear rubber blowing out ... too bad for Junior.
Stingray24
Congrats to Burton, well deserved win.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Martinsville quals tommorow at 1530 eastern.  I cant wait to see the improovements they have made.  Article I read said they spent 3 million + since march.  Good for them, the track needed it.

I predict the 24 on pole...if not him, then the 48.
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

TC.Troy wrote:

Martinsville quals tommorow at 1530 eastern.  I cant wait to see the improovements they have made.  Article I read said they spent 3 million + since march.  Good for them, the track needed it.

I predict the 24 on pole...if not him, then the 48.
Anyone but the 48.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Martinsville today...
The 24 is looking quite strong...well, HMS is looking good all the way across the board.  Well with the exception of Casey Mears...
I hope that guy can find some success at RCR next season.  I mean...I'm not a Mears fan, but damn, it looks to me that he runs his ass off and has nothing to show for it.  Its like the red-headed stepchild team at HMS.  I just dont get it.
Stingray24
HMS cars look strong today.  Go Junior!
Stingray24
Well, we'll take 2nd.

PS Nice burnout, Jimmie.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-19 14:20:46)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
I have to agree with Brad Daugherty...its over, give Jimmie the trophy and lets take the rest of the season off hehe.  I mean, 4 to go, and he has a 149(ish) point lead.  The 48 is gonna be tough to beat these last 4....
I'm tellin ya, Knaus is a freakin wizard man.
Stingray24
We are not worthy.  Too bad Junior couldn't get Knaus ...
DSRTurtle
+56|6833
Maybe Jr could accidently run over JJ at pit practice so JJ can't finish the season?!  lol. 

I doubt I will watch any more races this year.
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

TC.Troy wrote:

Martinsville today...
The 24 is looking quite strong...well, HMS is looking good all the way across the board.  Well with the exception of Casey Mears...
I hope that guy can find some success at RCR next season.  I mean...I'm not a Mears fan, but damn, it looks to me that he runs his ass off and has nothing to show for it.  Its like the red-headed stepchild team at HMS.  I just dont get it.
Mears got the short end of the stick every year at HMS.  It's really too bad because he's a pretty descent driver and person.  I hope he finds a lot more success at Childress. 

But I think he got the same treatment as Vickers and Vickers seems to be doing pretty good with 2 years on the same team with the same crew chief. 

AJ got screwed by Red Bull.  I hope that move comes back to bite them in the ass.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5828

DSRTurtle wrote:

Maybe Jr could accidently run over JJ at pit practice so JJ can't finish the season?!  lol. 

I doubt I will watch any more races this year.
That's the spirit!

I hate the whole chase thing. As much as I dislike Kyle Busch, I think he deserved the championship after such an amazing run. He has been plagued by bad luck these last couple of months, but he would probably still have the most points. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Stingray24
Bah, Kyle doesn't deserve crap.  His team has fallen apart in the final stretch and others have stepped up their game.  I've never been a chase fan either, but it is what it is.  Kinda like the fact that I hate the bowl game system in college football and I'd much rather have playoffs, but it'll likely never change.
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

Stingray24 wrote:

Bah, Kyle doesn't deserve crap.  His team has fallen apart in the final stretch and others have stepped up their game.  I've never been a chase fan either, but it is what it is.  Kinda like the fact that I hate the bowl game system in college football and I'd much rather have playoffs, but it'll likely never change.
The chase is a good idea but the points system sucks for it.  Very much like the BCS system sucks.  I hate both.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard