ParadoXic
+11|5733|Vancouver, Canada
Lol insulin lowers the blood sugar. I know since I need it since I'm a diabetic.... But yeah your blood sugar shouldn't go low if you aren't one.

And juice works wonders for if you're really low and unable to function properly.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Or you have those glucose tabs that are basically just bigger versions of Spree
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

DesertFox- wrote:

Yeah...insulin does lower your sugar, so avoid that.
Um right, this is only if you WANT to be shaky and spaze out.

Your body is not suppose to have an excess of sugar, when it does, your body produces insulin to counter act the effect of to much sugar. So, DONT avoid insulin if you have a problem with the shakes. Not like you have a choice, your body produces it naturally...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Maybe you need Ritalin.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
Pure corn syrup is probably the fastest way possible - short of an I.V. drip of glucose - to raise blood sugar levels.

Pure corn syrup is just glucose, glucose and more glucose - which is what your body breaks pretty much everything else down into.

Alternatively, anything rich in high-fructose corn syrup (which is just glucose AND fructose) will work....have a liter cola.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
signa
~~~~~
+50|6727|Michigan, USA
50ml of 50% dextrose (1 amp) IV push is the fastest way.

https://emsstaff.buncombecounty.org/inhousetraining/d25/images/dex1.JPG
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
I doubt that it is low blood sugar... unless you are having a slow-onset of diabetes. which seems unlikely unless any of ur parents/sibilings have it.
but if u really want a quick blood sugar rise... buy glucose tablets
but seriously, my brother is a diabetic and he has found that jelly beans are very good. and tasty

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-10-08 00:38:50)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6718|Scotland

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

Go.
finny you have fucking OCD
lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6641|cheshire u.k

ParadoXic wrote:

Lol insulin lowers the blood sugar. I know since I need it since I'm a diabetic.... But yeah your blood sugar shouldn't go low if you aren't one.

And juice works wonders for if you're really low and unable to function properly.
got that right,same here
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
aside from injectables, juice
5 minutes max and blood sugar will start to rise
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6270
Honey nom nom nom
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

Im_Dooomed wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Yeah...insulin does lower your sugar, so avoid that.
Um right, this is only if you WANT to be shaky and spaze out.

Your body is not suppose to have an excess of sugar, when it does, your body produces insulin to counter act the effect of to much sugar. So, DONT avoid insulin if you have a problem with the shakes. Not like you have a choice, your body produces it naturally...
I don't even recall establishing that the OP is a diabetic. Those who suggested insulin injections would drastically lower the amount (when he wanted it raised anyway) beyond any normal amount his body may or may not have been making. So, basically, I was saying "avoid injecting insulin" as those earlier folks suggested.

Still, when one is experiencing low blood sugar, you get a small glass of orange juice or some glucose tabs or something so that you don't gorge on candy or inject pure sugar into your blood and blow right past a reasonable level. You don't want to have to inject insulin to regulate directly after that.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Eat a Mars Bar, Drink some Red Bull or have a lucozade tablet thing.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
I threw up in swimming. 'Cause i didn't eat any lunch or breakfast. And i was doing survival: Tracksuit bottoms, 1 short sleeved shirt, 1 jumper.

Not in the pool though... in the toilets. You probably just haven't eaten enough in the day though.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

argo4 wrote:

why are you raising your sugar level?
Because it's low, I felt sick, weak, was shaking... that's low blood sugar, right?
Just make your self a sandwich. You don't need to do anything extreme if you feel hungry...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

SEREVENT wrote:

I threw up in swimming. 'Cause i didn't eat any lunch or breakfast. And i was doing survival: Tracksuit bottoms, 1 short sleeved shirt, 1 jumper.

Not in the pool though... in the toilets. You probably just haven't eaten enough in the day though.
lol i had to do something like that for club swimming, x amount of lengths in jeans, shoes and a tshirt.

after a few circuits, strip to your normal swimwear, and you fucking fly through the water
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
It was always pyjama's down here and ever since I was a kid I have hit the panic button whenever I have seen someone walking by the sea or river in their PJ's as you just know they will find the water....

Ive swam in Manumission fully clothed, shoes the lot, that was a right laugh.  Horrible swimming with clothes on.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
As Shmoops big brother I think he should stop being a puf and grow up. Ooh no, I am shaking, I must have low blood sugar.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom
snort lines of pixie sticks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard