Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland
Looking for a ~400€ 24' screen for gaming/movies etc.
Right now I'm thinking of getting this.

Any better ideas?
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6758|Finland
I think that is one of the best, if not the best, what you can get with 400€. Samsung is also a good brand and I bet it won't let you down.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6755|SE London

Gawwad wrote:

Any better ideas?
Dell 2408 WFP.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6723|UK

Yeah I would go for that samsung.

Infact I might aswell.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6371|Winland

HOLY SHIT 24 FOOT SCREEN
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

HOLY SHIT 24 FOOT SCREEN
beats your shitty projector.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6371|Winland

Gawwad wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

HOLY SHIT 24 FOOT SCREEN
Nice try, it's twice that.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

HOLY SHIT 24 FOOT SCREEN
well you're a fag

Anyway, what about this then? Better or worse choise? Fuckers should just have one product so I wouldn't need to think...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6755|SE London

Gawwad wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

well you're a fag

Anyway, what about this then? Better or worse choise? Fuckers should just have one product so I wouldn't need to think...
Just get the 2408 WFP. It's pretty much the best 24" LCD around.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Bertster7 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

well you're a fag

Problem is, that most dell products are not sold in Finland for some reason. (well, atleast I can't find anyone who sells them)
Also, that monitor seems to cost close to 700€ and the 400€ is more than enough for me quality wise.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6534|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
400 euros?  fuck thats expensive
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6371|Winland

ceslayer23 wrote:

400 euros?  fuck thats expensive
Not that much for a 24".
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6906|St. Andrews / Oslo

Gawwad wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

well you're a fag

Problem is, that most dell products are not sold in Finland for some reason. (well, atleast I can't find anyone who sells them)
Also, that monitor seems to cost close to 700€ and the 400€ is more than enough for me quality wise.
ehh?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Jenspm wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ehh?
Hmm, I'm 99% sure they didn't have this before. They only listed products for business use and nothing else.
Still, I'm not paying 300€ for slightly better quality.

Edit: Any thoughts on this vs the one I first mentioned?

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-10-07 12:44:48)

pvtmoustacheride
5 cents
+11|6776|Iowa, USA
I bought that monitor about 5 months ago and it is great.  I don't regret that purchase at all.  Great picture and good features.  The only thing that I don't like about the 2493HM is the buttons to tweak the display.  They are hard to see and hitting the right one can be hard to do.  The labels on them don't show up well and they are kinda touchy.  Hope that helped.
Jenspm
penis

The T240 is a great panel.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6939|Cambridge (UK)
What's 400euro in english money?

anyhoo, my 2peneth: Iiyama 24" Wide PLB2403WS-B1 HDMI TFT
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6723|UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The rate today is about 3:4 ratio.  Think it's just over £300 which sounds about right.

Last edited by Bell (2008-10-07 15:45:36)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6939|Cambridge (UK)

Bell wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The rate today is about 3:4 ratio.  Think it's just over £300 which sounds about right.
Then that Iiyama comes in under-budget.
Jenspm
penis

@currency: l2google

Just search: 400 euros to gbp
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6755|SE London

Gawwad wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

well you're a fag

Well get a VA based panel at least. All those filthy TN panels you've listed so far are a bit shit.

TN panels = fail.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6371|Winland

Bertster7 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Well get a VA based panel at least. All those filthy TN panels you've listed so far are a bit shit.

TN panels = fail.
What downsides are there in VA compared to TN?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6755|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

TN panels = fail.
They cost more money is the main downside.

Basically:

IPS based panels = great colours, great viewing angles, great image in general - but worse response times (that said, modern IPS panels can have response times that are sub 5ms these days, so it's not as big an issue as it once was). They are also the most expensive.

VA based panels = good colours, good viewing angles, good immage in general - but very slightly worse response times (better than IPS, very slightly worse than TN). Mid range in price.

TN based panels = shit colours, shit viewing angles, worse quality image in general compared to other panel types - but awesome response times. Dirt cheap.

I can't live with the really poor colour reproduction on TN panels. It's bad enough when you go from a CRT (with awesome colour depth which LCDs have even come close to matching yet) to an IPS or VA based panel, but TN panels - urgghhh.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6371|Winland

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

TN panels = fail.

Basically:

IPS based panels = great colours, great viewing angles, great image in general - but worse response times (that said, modern IPS panels can have response times that are sub 5ms these days, so it's not as big an issue as it once was). They are also the most expensive.

VA based panels = good colours, good viewing angles, good immage in general - but very slightly worse response times (better than IPS, very slightly worse than TN). Mid range in price.

TN based panels = shit colours, shit viewing angles, worse quality image in general compared to other panel types - but awesome response times. Dirt cheap.

I can't live with the really poor colour reproduction on TN panels. It's bad enough when you go from a CRT (with awesome colour depth which LCDs have even come close to matching yet) to an IPS or VA based panel, but TN panels - urgghhh.
Just a question about the price. Not many will pay $500 more for better viewing angles and colours, as response times matter most for most.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6755|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Basically:

Just a question about the price. Not many will pay $500 more for better viewing angles and colours, as response times matter most for most.
Response times are very important - upto a point. Once you get past that point they make no difference. Sub 6ms there is no real visible difference - provided the times quoted are accurate and not silly inflated figures.

Colours are what the image is made of and are clearly the most important thing a monitor does.

VA based panels are the ones to buy. IPS panels are overpriced and, unless you spend a fortune on an Eizo or something, have noticeably worse response times. TN panels have rubbish image quality - but at least they're cheap.

I can't stand TN panels. They are shit. You look at them next to other displays and you'll really notice the difference.

If he really wants a Samsung, then the 245T is damn good.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-10-08 11:26:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard