bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
Hey guys the minimum to run BF2 is 2GB. Many of you know my computer system from earlier topics. My mom recently asked me to make a Christmas list. I was wondering what RAM should I get for my computer. My mom usually goes to Walmart or Bestbuy and our credit is a little messed up so we can't order anything of the internet we have to get it instore. Please fumble through the two sites and tell me which would be compatible with my computer.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

bibee101 wrote:

the minimum to run BF2 is 2GB.
Umm..... wat?

Game Specs wrote:

RAM: 512 MB or more
Or do you have Vista?

Anyway, Corsair is pretty good.
EE (hats
Fateless
+36|6240|Jennifer Connellys Pants

bibee101 wrote:

Hey guys the minimum to run BF2 is 2GB. Many of you know my computer system from earlier topics. My mom recently asked me to make a Christmas list. I was wondering what RAM should I get for my computer. My mom usually goes to Walmart or Bestbuy and our credit is a little messed up so we can't order anything of the internet we have to get it instore. Please fumble through the two sites and tell me which would be compatible with my computer.
Oh dear.....how big is this ball of string?   

Perhaps post your PC make/model, motherboard type, ect etc. That would make it easier to help.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6492|Sydney, Australia

bibee101 wrote:

To be honest 2G ram doesn't add to performance that much, well it didn't in my case. It did make quitting the game faster, and removed the 5 minute glitch fest everytime you joined a game, but apart from that, it didn't allow me to raise my graphics setting without becoming choppy.
bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
I don't know what my mobo is.
I went to the system requirement website and this is what it came as.

CPU
Recommended: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
You Have: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz  FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this recommended requirement. If you really want to make this product fly, click the 'We Recommend' button to check out some great computers. 
CPU Speed
Recommended: 2.4 GHz
You Have: 2.93 GHz  PASS   
System RAM
Recommended: 1 GB
You Have: 1022 MB  PASS   
Operating System
Recommended: Windows XP (32-bit version)
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)  PASS   
Video Card
Recommended: 256 MB DirectX 9.0 compliant video card (GeForce FX 5700+/Radeon 9500+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (GeForce 6200)  FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options. 
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 128 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Rasterization: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.8421   FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. 
DirectX Version
Recommended: 9.0 (included)
You Have: 9.0c   PASS   
Sound Card
Recommended: Yes
You Have: Realtek AC97 Audio   PASS   
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 0.0   FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.   
Free Disk Space
Recommended: 3 GB
You Have: 13.5 GB  PASS   
CD
Recommended: 8x speed CD-ROM (This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD-RW and virtual drives.)
You Have: TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A   PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

Last edited by bibee101 (2008-10-04 10:34:22)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
...Is this a desktop or a laptop?

Anyway, this should decent (if you have a DDR2 desktop, anyway):
http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.j … goryId=368
EE (hats
bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
It's a desktop. I would need to know how to put in the memory and I would write in down and then I would talk my parents into letting me do it on my own. They're afraid that I will mess something up.
san4
The Mas
+311|6686|NYC, a place to live
Oh man, I remember when I used to run BF2 with a machine like that. Another gig of ram should make a big difference, but that vid card and CPU are slooooow.

You can use cpu-z to identify your motherboard. Hard to know what speed the ram should be without knowing the mobo.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
The computer is: Intel Celeron 340
  Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
  Model: Gamila/Giovani/Neon Series   
  Memory-Type: DDR
  Memory-Size: 1024 MBytes         

If theres anymore info you need just ask.
Fateless
+36|6240|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Celeron = fail. Also your video card is fairly old, is it an AGP card?

Download HWinfo @ http://www.hwinfo.com/ and look at the Brand/Model of your motherboard is.  Maybe you could buy a "bundle", ie: mother board, Ram, Cpu and significantly upgrade.

edit* Sans said the same thing, his link will do the same thing.

Last edited by Fateless (2008-10-04 17:45:49)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA

bibee101 wrote:

The computer is: Intel Celeron 340
  Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
  Model: Gamila/Giovani/Neon Series   
  Memory-Type: DDR
  Memory-Size: 1024 MBytes         

If theres anymore info you need just ask.
Look in WalMart/Bestbuy for DDR (not DDR2 or DDR3) RAM, any of that will suffice.  Purchase either 2 512MB sticks or one 1gig stick. 

How to Insert

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-10-05 19:06:06)

bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
1 question, would I keep my other stick of RAM in or what? Or just take that one out and put in a new one.
jdno_7
+10|6220

bibee101 wrote:

1 question, would I keep my other stick of RAM in or what? Or just take that one out and put in a new one.
if you leave in your old ram, you must make sure the new ram matches speed, for example it may be 2700 or 3300 and so on, if it doesnt match you will have problems, also it may depend on how many ram slots you have, that will determine wether or not you can fit extra ram or need a larger capacity stick of ram. example if you have 2 slots and have 2, 512mb sticks your max will be 1024. unless you get 2, 1gig sticks then you will have 2024mb. hope that helps a little, but it is important to get the same speed as you have now. unless you are not leaving the old ram in, then it doesnt matter.

Last edited by jdno_7 (2008-10-06 07:21:25)

bibee101
+7|5729|Michigan
Ok thanks. I just might get a 2GB stick of RAM. I found one at I believe BestBuy for $55.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard