Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
I believe the reason why people who have met the new requirements for 1ST Sergeant (Including myself) is due to an error on EA's part. This was also present before the patch, it's just never been this widespread because until the patch, there were no 1st Sergeants to begin with to run into it.

1.) The current requirements state that you need 20,000 Global Points + Basic Knife, Basic Pistol + Basic Kit Badges.

2.) This seems to be true, however, you may not be awarded the *special* 1st Sergeant Rank if you do not meet those requirements, and instead, will be awarded Master Sergeant.

This seems to happen because of the following, if you've ever received one of the Vetran Badges before obtaining the Basic version first. For example, let's say you accumulated 50 Global Pistol Kills, but you've never beforehand received the Basic Pistol (7 kills in a round), then one day you do meet the requirements. You will be awarded the Vetran Badge along with the Basic just prior.

When this occurs it seems as though the stats server never records the fact you got the basic too in this double award occurence. Afterwards you can go back and get the basic again, and again, and again, and it never gets recorded.

The ranking part doesn't check if you have the vetran or not when determaining 1st Sergeant requirements, so 'technically' the server thinks you have not met the requirements.

Of note below, someone has claimed he HAS received all the basics first, and no vetran badges, yet he too, has not gotten 1st Sergeant, which isn't verified yet because I couldn't check his stats at the time.

So, best thing to do now is too flood EA with complaints.

Theoretically speaking too, those of us with this problem probably wont get the Sergeant Major or Sergeant Major of the Corps ranks either, or any awards for that matter that require us to have a 'basic' badge beforehand, even if we gotten the vetran/expert versions.

https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9192/screen0058rb.th.jpg

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-06 02:24:20)

tr1ce
+0|6749|St. Aug, FL
Same thing happened to me... I'm stuck at Master Sergeant with 38,000 points... WHAT DO I DO????
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
I'm stuck at Mst Sgt I deserve that darned first sergeant, darnit!
tr1ce
+0|6749|St. Aug, FL
I got seven pistol kills in a round and it gave me the basic badge again when I already have the veteran... so once it updates I'll go into a server again and see if I get promoted now. I'll come back with the details
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Heh, Chuy and I had speculated about this long before the patch came about and changed all the rank levels. We were discussing whether or not some of the expert badges were attainable to people who had skipped the basic of the same badge, and then someone who skipped got the expert which told us that there was some sort of checking going on. Apparently those checks do not happen when it comes to the ranking system which leaves you guys all pretty much screwed until it happens enough that EA does something about it.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6756

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I'm stuck at Mst Sgt I deserve that darned first sergeant, darnit!
Ahhh I know how you feel man, logged on last night when I got the patch, but no first sergeant did I see.  Well, I suppose it might be something to look forward to in later patches (have to think positive )  But until then, screw the system, I'm off to get all my veteran badges that I can now get >
Skratchy
+0|6749
and this is my problemo too

before i just became a Sergeant>Staff Sergeant>Gunnery Sergeant>Master Sergeant  few hours ago, then i  looked at Ubar for ranking thing then i saw i need all are the basic COMBAT badges and im only lacking of 1, the pistol badge. so i got the pistol badge and i didnt even bcome a First Sergeant.
do i have to be a Gunnery sergeant WITH all combat badges to be able to become a first sergeant? cuz the requirement says u need to be a gunnery sergeant

http://bf2s.com/player/ruffolz0r/

OH AND BTW

i dont need Aviator Badge or Engineering badge(5 repair points) for first sergent do i?

Last edited by Skratchy (2005-10-05 06:48:14)

McCullough
+7|6808
Dammit! That EA didn't think of this in the first place. I think all the  badges should show up in BFHQ. Basic Veteran And Expert. So you know witch ones you have and dont have.
Well im stuck att Master Sergeant to but it dont bothers me i have all the unlocks i want. Not the G3 cus it sucks.
pdanrichey
+5|6777
THis is crazy!!  I download the patch overnight, then wake up this morning only to see that my entire BF2 world has been changed around!!  I'm sure I'm like...2 days late, but what is up with the rank requirements being so low!!  Not that I can complain, as soon as I log in, I'll also be a master sergeant, but I guess I'll won't get the first sergeant because I too have the verteran pistol and knife badges.  I'm stunned and shocked at what happened...seriously...anyone have this reaction?
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6810

pdanrichey wrote:

THis is crazy!!  I download the patch overnight, then wake up this morning only to see that my entire BF2 world has been changed around!!  I'm sure I'm like...2 days late, but what is up with the rank requirements being so low!!  Not that I can complain, as soon as I log in, I'll also be a master sergeant, but I guess I'll won't get the first sergeant because I too have the verteran pistol and knife badges.  I'm stunned and shocked at what happened...seriously...anyone have this reaction?
u my friend played on knife/pistol server....
bioforce
+0|6755
Yeah, some things are now way to low... i liked it how it was, was a real challenge to get somethings or to get promoted... now its like ill just play and probably get something anyway.... 15h with any kit for the veteran badge? way to low should be at least 50 and more things are now really bad.
tr1ce
+0|6749|St. Aug, FL
I got my basic pistol badge again but it doesnt show in the BFHQ and I can't get promoted... this SUCKS because I need this to be able to get my last unlock.

And I went to go ask EA support but the just happens to not be working with the patch comes out. (coincidence?)
MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona
I have the same problem, i went straight to vertern pistol badge.  I have no basic pistol badge so I guess I'm screwed too.  I think I will complain to EA.

-Matt

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
[AWE]Chump
+0|6749
Another problem is the Combat Infantry Medal.  I know it takes 500h to get, but we don't have the Basic knife or pistol to get it.  And the Marksman Infantry medal requires you to have the Combat Infantry medal too.  This and the rank is something EA has to fix!
667th_Spector
+0|6750|Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Thank goodness I'm still somewhat a newbie, so I can pick up my basic badges in the order they're supposed to be done. That way I won't have any trouble making it to the Officer ranks instead of getting stuck in non-commissioned status.
Skratchy
+0|6749
BUT what if your already a MASTER SERGEANT, can you still you to still become First Sergeant? the way i see it, you need to be a Gunner Sergeant with all badges to become a First Sergeant. cuz on UBAR it says u gotta be a Gunner Sergeant to become a First Sergeant. the ranking is kinda stuffed up :S
godzilla
+0|6748
I have the same problems. I earned over 20,000 points, have all Basic Badges (no Veteran or higher until now; I had these Badges even before I was promoted) and I am stucked at "only" Master Sergeant level although I have reached 100% of First Sergeant according to BF2S. And my collum in BFHQ is not increasing, too! On the other hand according to BFHQ my next rank schould be Master Gunnery Sergeant and not First Sergeant. Crazy!

What is wrong? What is missing? I´m really bothered seeing people getting promoted to First Sergeant although I deserve it, too - like many others!

Are the informations on BFHQ corrrect? Maybe something was forgotten to mention!?

Last edited by godzilla (2005-10-05 19:17:47)

Cimlite
+1|6814|Sweden
I'm experiencing this issue as well. I did not get the basic knife and pistol badges, skipping to veteran directly. Now it refuses to advance my rank to First Sergeant. Can't belive they missed something like this, anyone can see that this could be an issue just by looking it over quickly.

http://bf2s.com/player/Cimlite/

Last edited by Cimlite (2005-10-05 22:02:15)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790

godzilla wrote:

I have the same problems. I earned over 20,000 points, have all Basic Badges (no Veteran or higher until now; I had these Badges even before I was promoted) and I am stucked at "only" Master Sergeant level although I have reached 100% of First Sergeant according to BF2S. And my collum in BFHQ is not increasing, too! On the other hand according to BFHQ my next rank schould be Master Gunnery Sergeant and not First Sergeant. Crazy!

What is wrong? What is missing? I´m really bothered seeing people getting promoted to First Sergeant although I deserve it, too - like many others!

Are the informations on BFHQ corrrect? Maybe something was forgotten to mention!?
Interesting information there. I cant seem to get your stats, you sure you had all the basic badges? My progress bar isnt moving either.

Wish some 1st Sergeants would shed some light on something they may have done or know.
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6759|out of orbit
Jepp,me 2.

I ranked up to Master Sergeant,didn`t have pistol and knife award so i tried entire night to get them (without getting purple heart...) 
Finaly got them at Karkand,but nothing happend.

I had all basic badges exept knife/pistol and didn`t skipp one by getting veteran instead.

Next Rank: First Sergeant
Global score: 24,854 / 20,000
At your current rate, you should earn 0 in 0.00 days (or 00:00:00 straight).

at all not very helpfull,i just queue in the line of people having that problem with this post.

(and by the way...found search option in this forum)....

Greets...

Last edited by =[S3nf]= (2005-10-06 03:48:13)

godzilla
+0|6748

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I cant seem to get your stats, you sure you had all the basic badges? My progress bar isnt moving either.
I should have them all as you can see in my profile: http://bf2s.com/player/rijoto/

The only badges missing are the "Basic Command Badge" and the "Basic Explosives Ordinance Badge". But both are not listed in the requirements for being a First Sergeant (http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php).

But apart from the fact that I am not promoted I am confused about what I´ve read in BFHQ: Next rank not First Sergeant but Master Gunnery Sergeant. Am I the only one with this in BFHQ? Or do you all have these declerations?
Skratchy
+0|6749
But apart from the fact that I am not promoted I am confused about what I´ve read in BFHQ: Next rank not First Sergeant but Master Gunnery Sergeant. Am I the only one with this in BFHQ? Or do you all have these declerations?
my next rank is also master gunnery sergeant.

so i guess you really need to be a Gunnery Sergeant with all the combat badges to become a first sergeant
-=ATU=-Happy
+0|6749
it worked ok for me!!!!!!!! it's only one unlock , dont worry it'll get sorted..
[img]http://bf2s.com/player/44144083/sig.png[/img][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44144083/sig5.png[/img][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44144083/sig3.png[/img][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44144083/awards.jpg[/img]
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
I wonder if you have to have all basics prior to Master Sergeant, has any 1st Sergeant ever been a MSGT then promoted to 1st?
godzilla
+0|6748

Skratchy wrote:

so i guess you really need to be a Gunnery Sergeant with all the combat badges to become a first sergeant
But this does not explain why my progress bar does not move anymore. It is frozen to zero although I have more then 45% of promotion to Master Gunnery Sergeant/Sergeant Major. So normally the progress bar in BFHQ must be filled up to nearly half! But it does not!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard