Far Eastern5%5% - 5
Total: 98
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

.Sup wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I think Jerusalem wasn't a Jewish city back then.
The Romans were controlling it, but Jerusalem was still mainly populated by Jews. There's no denying that Jesus was Jewish though. And especially back then, Jews were definitely more tied to race than they are today, infact, back then you could say they were a race.
Wasn't Jerusalem Palestinian?
No...

Arabs/Palestinians came way after the days of Rome. You could say that Palestinians may have been there as well, but like how modern day Jews are mainly Eastern European, modern day Palestinians are mainly Arabs and also Muslims.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

The Romans were controlling it, but Jerusalem was still mainly populated by Jews. There's no denying that Jesus was Jewish though. And especially back then, Jews were definitely more tied to race than they are today, infact, back then you could say they were a race.
Wasn't Jerusalem Palestinian?
No...

Arabs/Palestinians came way after the days of Rome. You could say that Palestinians may have been there as well, but like how modern day Jews are mainly Eastern European, modern day Palestinians are mainly Arabs and also Muslims.
So who owned Jerusalem in Jesus time?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Romans!

Over the years I think it changed hands a few times between the Romans/Byzantines and the Persians, but the area was still mainly Jewish in population. Then Islam was invented and they went on a rampage and attacked both the Persians and the Byzantines and pretty much took control of the whole of the Middle East. Then, I'm not so sure what the Jewish population did whilst under Muslim rule but something must've spooked them off into Europe and other countries.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Romans.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

nazis thought thor was cool too
Nazis/Germans seemed to have disliked Jews yet thought it was ok to continue following Christianity like Jesus wasn't even Jewish. I always laughed at them for that.

Maybe that's why they failed so miserably, the dumb asses

Even todays neo-nazi's and white-supremacists. They're all still mainly Christian. They act like Christianity is a White man/European religion. Then again,no point in even talking about the logic of these kind of people
its like youre describing mccain/palin supporters
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
Isnt Anubis the name of a manga chick aswell
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Egyptians

And this thread reminds me of how epic AoM was
https://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/technicalathma/AgeOfMythology.jpg

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-09-28 13:21:51)

Brasso
+1,549|6629

Greek.

In other news, AoM was one of my favorite games ever.

edit: Norse is also amazing now that I remember.  Fenris, Ragnarok, that dragon thing, etc.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-09-28 13:23:27)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jono-blundo
I iz lurking j00
+2|6213|Stavanger, Norway

aerodynamic wrote:

Nope, Lord Bal kicks ass.
No what am i saying.
I mean the Ori are the true gods.
Hallowed are the Ori!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

nazis thought thor was cool too
Nazis/Germans seemed to have disliked Jews yet thought it was ok to continue following Christianity like Jesus wasn't even Jewish. I always laughed at them for that.

Even todays neo-nazi's and white-supremacists. They're all still mainly Christian. They act like Christianity is a White man/European religion. Then again,no point in even talking about the logic of these kind of people
topal63
. . .
+533|6717
My dog is named Thor. And everyone knows what dog is backward. That's one badass backward dog dawg!
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Bringing DST into a mythology thread in EE.

GG.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

My favorite is, for some odd reason, Greek mythology's Icarus (and his father Daedalus) and the story of flying too close to the sun.  (For more info, click here).
Brasso
+1,549|6629

commandochristian wrote:

My favorite is, for some odd reason, Greek mythology's Icarus (and his father Daedalus) and the story of flying too close to the sun.  (For more info, click here).
it's not bad.  from Ovid's Metamorpheses, right? recall
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Bringing DST into a mythology thread in EE.

GG.
Yet you quoted me just because I laughed and not GS.

GG.

Grasping for straws, we are...

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-29 13:39:09)

Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6380|Oslo, Norway

Wallpaper wrote:

Hmmm... I would say Zeus. Motha' fucka' throws lightnin'!

Babb Master Flash wrote:

I also have Thors hammer "MJØLNER" tattooed on my right shoulder. A really well done bad ass tattoo if I have to say so myself.
Pics or it didnt happen
Here it is. Difficult taking a pic, so it wasn't optimal. But here's proof that I weren't kidding!

https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2139/thorshammerta9.jpg
https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/thorshammerta9.jpg/1/w800.png

It looks much better in real life.

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2008-10-01 03:12:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard