TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/09/19/kybusch.tire.test.advantage/index.html

Whatcha think?  Advantage?
Advantage:  Yes
To test a new race tire at a chase track, during, or before the chase is insane.  But we all know that NASCAR/Goodyear need therapy this year.  They as a combined force have screwed this year so bad its pathetic.  Honestly, I've lost Huge faith in Goodyear recently.  Just look at the result @ Indy...what a cluster f**k that was...inexcusalbe imo.  So, in part, I applaud these tests, and the new tire that they have developed.  On the other hand, its bad bussiness...no doubt it gives the participatory teams a leg up on everyone else.  God knows the 18 doesnt need any damned help.
As far as advantage goes...look at the set up on the car if nothing else.  Now, the 18 and any other team involved have a FAR better idea about how the car is going to change over a run than the rest of the teams do.  Thats HUGE.  I mean...caster, camber, toe, wedge, truck arm, bump stops, ride height...the list goes on. 
Imho, chase teams should be excluded from testing 5 races before the chase, and certainly Never during the chase.  We all know there are good teams, that can give great feedback, that arent in the chase (the 12, 1, 22, 2, 42 etc etc).  Why are chase teams needed here?  Answer: They arent.  NASCAR/Goodyear need to take a look at this on a case by case basis and adjust accordingly.
This "blind leading the blind" shit has got to stop.  They are killing the series imo.
But they have screwed the pooch from Daytona forward really, bringing a tire thats for both the Nationwide series and the Cup series, when the 2 cars are so different as to be like night and day...now that was dumb.

Also FYI:  Goodyear has developed a new tire for the Cup cars, it should be comming next season.  Larger tire overall (contac patch, diameter etc) and a larger bead thats not so sensative to brake heat...it should have more grip for the Cup cars (thats the advertised plus anyway...).  At any rate, we'll see what comes next year at Daytona.  God knows they couldnt do any worse...

Yeah Kyle has a monster advantage going into Atlanta....damnit...
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

Stingray24 wrote:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/09/19/kybusch.tire.test.advantage/index.html

Whatcha think?  Advantage?
No.  Other chase drivers have done tire tests in previous years.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6592|The Land of Scott Walker
Not for an upcoming Chase race ....
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Me thinks that with Kyle sitting in the garage...in 43rd (LMAO hehehe), his title hopes are OVER!!!!!!!11

little dumbo eared dork...
Stingray24
Another Sunday made better by Kyle's car failing!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

The only thing that would have made it any better, would have been a top 5 for Dale...
But...I'll take it and smile hehehe
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

TC.Troy wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The only thing that would have made it any better, would have been a top 5 for Dale...
Keep thinking that way and you may find Jr sitting in 12th after Homestead
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Tbh Turtle, I expect it.  Sad as it is, and as bad as I hate to say it, thats Jr's way...has been thus far in his career anyway.  His daddy, he aint.
I dont know that Jr will ever be a champion tbh...all Jr nation can do is hope and keep the faith.
DSRTurtle
+56|6833

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Tbh Turtle, I expect it.  Sad as it is, and as bad as I hate to say it, thats Jr's way...has been thus far in his career anyway.  His daddy, he aint.
I dont know that Jr will ever be a champion tbh...all Jr nation can do is hope and keep the faith.
I hope Jr wins a championship.  While he's not my favorite driver on the track I have a lot of respect for him because of the way he has dealt with adversity and being under the microscope unfairly by the jr and sr nation.  He may not have the wins of JJ or Gordon or Stewart but he's a pretty damned good guy all around.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6565|Florida
Let us Pray......

Dear God we thank you for breaking Kyles car again this week.......Amen!
Stingray24
  that ... was ... awesome
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
How the hell did I miss this??
MWR obviously has some sort of large cash...even with the loss of UPS...
Read on:
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

This cat knows his shit tbh.  Taking Mika Hakinen (sp) to multiple championships @ Mclaren, as well as Nigel Mansel, if I am not badly mistaken.  Martin Whitmarsh, and Ron Dennis will for sure miss his talents.

wow, gg MWR
DSRTurtle
+56|6833
MWR certainly has improved a lot since last year and even now they are running even better. 

I can't believe what Red Bull is doing to AJ though.  Both he and Casey Mears seem to be running even better after losing their jobs.  I think Casey will succeed at RCR.  I hope AJ catches a ride somewhere because when he has a car to his liking he seems to be almost as fast the chase guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vickers fighting for a chase spot and wins all of next year.
Strngs012
+40|6565|Florida
Didn't MWR get financial support from some European guy? Or did that deal go fall apart? I remember hearing about that at the end of last year. Maybe that's where the deep pockets come from.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Strngs012 wrote:

Didn't MWR get financial support from some European guy? Or did that deal go fall apart? I remember hearing about that at the end of last year. Maybe that's where the deep pockets come from.
Indeed, tho I cant recal the chaps name tbh.  That could very well be cat.

Now Kansas:
What about Juan Pablo??  Holy crap...
I love it

Watch for that 17 on sunday gents.

Edit:  Damnit...they chk'd the rear shock preasures on the 42 and found them illegal.  JPM's time has been disallowed...
          nice job guys...

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-09-26 16:09:18)

Stingray24
Kyle has mechanical issues again and Jimmie retakes the lead, what more could a Chevy fan ask for?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Me thinkst that all three Gibbs cars are out of the title hunt.
I couldnt be happier for Kyle.

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
And another bomb drops on DEI.

Lets go find a nice plot next to Sr. and prepare to bury it.
Mark is leaving for Hendrick...
The Army is pulling sponsorship of the 8 at the end of this season...(perhaps for Stewart Haas, so the rumor goes)
Truex is only signed for 1 more year, then I'll bet Bass Pro goes too...
Now, Menard and his sponsorship are leaving for Yates...

Here is the article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/8 … amp;ATT=MA

She has killed it, the economy has killed it.  Breaks my heart tbh.
Stingray24
I hate to see DEI the casualty, but Teresa deserves this after forcing Dale Jr. out of his father's organization.
Strngs012
+40|6565|Florida
Dales rolling over in his grave.
Stingray24
I think we Dale Sr. fans need to send Teresa a petition requesting she sell DEI to someone who won't run it into the ground.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

I think we Dale Sr. fans need to send Teresa a petition requesting she sell DEI to someone who won't run it into the ground.
Amen.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Talledega...

Any predictions?  heheh
Stingray24
Junior!!!!

I also predict there will be right rear tire blowage on a significant number of cars like there was in the other races this weekend.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-05 07:37:33)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
From the back, to the front, in 26 laps lol   nice one Jr 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard