Acme1234
+62|6111|Melbourne, Australia
Here in Australia we current have a money tournament running, sponsored by netGameRadio.

• 1st prize:  $3,000  plus 8 sticks of RAM plus 3 V/Cards
• 2nd prize: $1,000 plus 4 sticks of RAM plus 1 V/Card
• 3rd prize:  $500 plus 2 sticks of RAM plus 6 slabs of Dickens Cider drink
• 4th prize:  $250 plus 2 sticks of RAM plus 4 slabs of Dickens Cider drink
• 5th prize:  $125 plus 4 slabs of Dickens Cider drink
• 6th prize:  $125

Team Awaken^ (aK^) were the favorites of the competition and hadn't lost a game or a round throughout the comp. aK^ are pretty much Australia's best team when it comes to BF2 and have the following accolades to their name:

* 1st in the GameArena 10 v 10 $40,000 Battlefield 2 Competition
    * 1st in the Cyberslam 10 v 10 $40,000 Battlefield 2 Competition
    * 1st in the OGN Infantry 10 v 10 $800 Battlefield 2 Competition
    * 1st in the GameArena 8 v 8 $46,000 Battlefield 2142 Competition
    * 2nd in the Taipei APAC 8 v 8 $30,000 Battlefield 2142 Competition

AFO (Australian Field Operatives) just made it into the preliminary final, and had to play against aK^. AFO have never won a single round in competitive play against aK^ over the years, and expected another thrashing by the powerhouse team of aK^.

The community has dubbed this match the biggest upset in competitive Australian BF2 history.

This is a video of the match put together by a few of the guys in AFO to celebrate what they thought they could never achieve, and their prelim victory to make it into the Grand Final against team Exile5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SyZIYHa9kc
http://www.noobflicks.com/watch/2878/af … rdog_match

Last edited by Acme1234 (2008-09-24 22:41:57)

latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6658|west liberty IA

Acme1234 wrote:

• 5th prize:  $125 plus 4 slabs of Dickens Cider drink
i want the dickens cider drink ......
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651
You really know the commentators are uptop on the social ladder.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6288|Austria
xD

i mean the music was a bit annoying
too loud compared to the commentators

but i bet it was an awesome match
i can imagine the euphoria

is there a HQ version?
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5774|Greece / Rhodos
omg who is that fag whos screaming like a bitch..he needs to chill out...its just a game..
Acme1234

Delusion wrote:

omg who is that fag whos screaming like a bitch..he needs to chill out...its just a game..
Dude, I can only hope your community has people like Johnny Sisko, that are dedicated and passionate about competitive BF2. He is a shoutcaster and co-owner of netGameRadio, the sponsors of the competition, and trying hard to privde Australia with a competitive gaming scene, in such games as TF2, CSS, 2142, and BF2.

Would you rather listen to someone who isn't excited and just drones on about what happening without any emotion over the heat of each moment?

This was one of the most unbelievable outcomes in competitive Australian BF2. He had good reason to be excited over such a game. Competitive BF2 is all that is left of this fail-rego filled game.

And FYI, this match had full support from the EA DICE Team, who were listening in on the game.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2008-09-22 06:42:19)

JAyThaRevo
+31|6288|Austria
well dont listen to such douchbags acme

he probably such a freak that he wasn't outdoors for a LONG TIME and has no idea of emotions
or he never had this competitive feeling.....
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton

JAyThaRevo wrote:

he probably such a freak that he wasn't outdoors for a LONG TIME and has no idea of emotions
do you know him?
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6496|Sydney, Australia
Hahaha the sell out who missed the competition
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6202
gief european version plox?
Nakamp
+25|6196|Czech Republic
Special Forces, I had to laugh sorry ;D

btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1rnjNmtoWs&fmt=18 <- best commentator ever
Acme1234

JAyThaRevo wrote:

He's a normal player like you or me with a everyday life.

Stop being such downy nitpicks over it and enjoy it for what it is. Competitive play between a professional team and a not so professional team who managed to overcome.

Nakamp wrote:

That's a terrible sounding commentator. He sounds fake.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2008-09-22 09:53:46)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia
That was epic.
Three things.....

1) Unlocks? I didn't think unlocks were used in these comps.
2) How the feck did aK manage to get the pickup truck onto the roof of the palace?
3) Does Johnny still have his voice?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

That was epic.
Three things.....

2) How the feck did aK manage to get the pickup truck onto the roof of the palace?
What unlocks did you see? Don't say the SF ones, lol.
Acme1234

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

That was epic.
Three things.....

1. Yes unlocks were allowed for this comp.

2. The pickup truck, lol, I didn't think anyone would spot that. I play for aK^ for the nGR comp, and when we were working out a strat, I figured out that the commander can drop a pickup truck on the second floor palace flag where the trapdoor is on the roof. You need to get the drop icon on the trapdoor so it's flickering and drop it. Somehow it works, and you can drive the pickup truck all over the roof to position it where you want. There's also these really weird invisible paths on the edge of the roof so the truck can be driven 3 or 4 meters off the roof and it will still be sitting there hovering. It's quite lol.

3. Gotta love Johnny, the man has more enthusiasm for competitive play than any other caster/commentator in the world.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

Acme1234 wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

That was epic.
Three things.....

1. Yes unlocks were allowed for this comp.

2. The pickup truck, lol, I didn't think anyone would spot that. I play for aK^ for the nGR comp, and when we were working out a strat, I figured out that the commander can drop a pickup truck on the second floor palace flag where the trapdoor is on the roof. You need to get the drop icon on the trapdoor so it's flickering and drop it. Somehow it works, and you can drive the pickup truck all over the roof to position it where you want. There's also these really weird invisible paths on the edge of the roof so the truck can be driven 3 or 4 meters off the roof and it will still be sitting there hovering. It's quite lol.

3. Gotta love Johnny, the man has more enthusiasm for competitive play than any other caster/commentator in the world.
Is this legal in a comp? Not trying to split hairs but I don't think you're supposed to be able to get a vehicle drop on there, hence you shouldn't. (quite like using the boat glitch to make it go 10x as fast, but I'm not even sure if that's against the rules)
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia

Hakei wrote:

What unlocks did you see? Don't say the SF ones, lol.
I noticed that when AFO (as SAS) capped the third floor flag at the start, the AT soldier had the DAO and a medic was using the L85.

Acme1234 wrote:

Oh man, I have got to try that.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6288|Austria

HaawwK wrote:

JAyThaRevo wrote:

do you know him?
u crack me up everytime

hahaa
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5774|Greece / Rhodos

Acme1234 wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

That's a terrible sounding commentator. He sounds fake.
i actually preffered this guy on the vid nakamp posted...you can atleast understand what hes saying...
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton

JAyThaRevo wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

JAyThaRevo wrote:

do you know him?
u crack me up everytime

hahaa
?
JAyThaRevo
+31|6288|Austria
everytime i say something u quote me
telling anything stupid about my comments

like u got nothing else to do xD
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton

JAyThaRevo wrote:

everytime i say something u quote me
telling anything stupid about my comments

like u got nothing else to do xD
your right iv quoted u 2 times now, that took up bout half a minute of my time so i think i need to go find a life now
JAyThaRevo
+31|6288|Austria
haha

2 times?

man i dont want to waste my energy on this argue

u are the hero
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton

JAyThaRevo wrote:

haha

2 times?

man i dont want to waste my energy on this argue

u are the hero
if it was 50times that would still of only wasted about 10minutes
Acme1234
You two need to take your sandy vagina's and gtfo of this thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard