Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6607|Kent, UK
I have had this problem for a while now, but am now so fed up with it that I thought I might as well ask around to see if anyone has any ideas to fix it.

Basically using 'push to talk' in bf2 does not work.
Ever since I got my new PC, and Vista, this has been the case.
It works on all other games that I know of (TF2, COD4 ect.), except bf2/2142.
I have tried other buttons for my PTT, to no avail.
Voice activation does work, but badly because of my mic and another unrelated problem I have with everyone hearing what I hear when I speak(e.g. whatever music I am listening to).

Thanks for any ideas.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
Try disabling the BF2 VoIP...
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6344|uk

Haha, this one annoyed me for MONTHs.... seriously.

Set both Teamspeak, and BF2 to run in compatability mode with XP, and with administrator priviledges (Right Click-> Properties -> Compatability)
Fosterthelegend
+97|6607|Kent, UK

Titch2349 wrote:

Set both Teamspeak, and BF2 to run in compatability mode with XP, and with administrator priviledges (Right Click-> Properties -> Compatability)
That sounds good, except that I mainly use vent, and when I do that on vent I get stuck at 'compatability' because nothign is highlighted so i can't change anything, even as admin.

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6344|uk

Fosterthelegend wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

That sounds good, except that I mainly use vent, and when I do that on vent I get stuck at 'compatability' because nothign is highlighted so i can't change anything, even as admin.

Try setting compatability on the actual ventrilo file, and not the shortcut.....

Go to C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\, right click on Ventrilo.exe, Compatability-> and change it there.
Fosterthelegend
+97|6607|Kent, UK

Titch2349 wrote:

Fosterthelegend wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

Try setting compatability on the actual ventrilo file, and not the shortcut.....

Go to C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\, right click on Ventrilo.exe, Compatability-> and change it there.
Nope still no luck
Fosterthelegend
+97|6607|Kent, UK
Sorry for double post but it fixed itself last night.
I have no idea how.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
now I have to listen to you talking
BootsJD
+10|6203
Battlefield 2 by Default needs to run at Session 0 due to PunkBuster.  Basically what you will need to due is right click on Vent and choose properties. then go to the security tap and check run as administrator. This should take care of your problem.

Cheers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard