alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

I removed a useless 56k Fax Modem. I installed EVGA Precision to check my 8600GT temps. I checked BIOS, everything is good. Checked logs, didn't report errors or thermal related issues, was clear actually. This "lag" only happens on the Battlefield 2 and 2142 engine. I've tried the beta drivers too, still getting it.

On a side note, sometimes it's hardly there, then it starts to develop and increases in intervals.
RAM is fine, RMA'd them a week or so ago. Even tried different slots, in Dual Channel.
I don't think it'd be the sound card, I listen to my albums perfectly and I get no sound distortion at all.

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-09-20 07:36:41)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

I'll agree that it probably isn't an issue, but just for shits, download and burn a copy of memtest86. Insert CD and boot into it. Run for awhile.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-09-20 10:29:26)

alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Doing a scan for bad sectors on HDD.
Wallpaper
+303|5984|The pool
Turn off/uninstall the EVGA tool and try BF2, if that doesnt fix it... Try removing your sound car anyway (along with the drivers) if you find nothing wrong with the HDD.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6662

Wallpaper wrote:

Turn off/uninstall the EVGA tool and try BF2, if that doesnt fix it... Try removing your sound car anyway (along with the drivers) if you find nothing wrong with the HDD.
Even though your SC sounds fine, it may be conflicting. 

Man I have been pondering this and I am at a loss. 

Do you have on board graphics?  I know your running a nvidia card, however you may want to make sure your audio is shut off in BIOS and graphics (If applicable).
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

My board does not have on board graphics, and the on board sound is disabled. I've had my Sound Card forever, never gives me troubles. Also, finished the scan on HDD. Everything has latest drivers / MS updates.
Stealth42o
+175|6662

alexbay13 wrote:

My board does not have on board graphics, and the on board sound is disabled. I've had my Sound Card forever, never gives me troubles. Also, finished the scan on HDD. Everything has latest drivers / MS updates.
Well pull the SC JUST to say "I told yea so".
Wallpaper
+303|5984|The pool
Ooh, I just had a thought: there may be a setting in your BIOS for SpeedStep (basically whatever the Intel equiv. to AMD Cool'n'quiet is) and disable it. If there isnt a setting in your BIOS, google how to turn it off in windows.

Listen to Stealth, try pulling the sound card first though

Last edited by Wallpaper (2008-09-20 19:59:34)

alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Speedstep is disabled, will try Sound Card next. (Will load integrated drivers and test.)

My Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit gives more performance and quality than integrated, right? (I asked cause it is an old card.) My front audio panels won't work if I take it out though.

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-09-21 06:12:16)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6444|The Twilight Zone

alexbay13 wrote:

Speedstep is disabled, will try Sound Card next. (Will load integrated drivers and test.)

My Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit gives more performance and quality than integrated, right? (I asked cause it is an old card.) My front audio panels won't work if I take it out though.
Maybe you set ingame audio settings to hardware acceleration? Set it to low and software acceleration.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

.Sup wrote:

Maybe you set ingame audio settings to hardware acceleration? Set it to low and software acceleration.
Nope, it's set to software, on high, like it's always been. (Hardware is incompatible with the Live! 24-bit.)

Would I be better with integrated sound?

Ran a virus scan, complete while I was AFK, just to see. Completely clean. (Used updated Avast.)

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-09-21 09:08:08)

alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

WTF, I installed my integrated drivers, SigmaTel High Definition Audio, and I didn't experience the lag. Keep thread open just in case, and maybe if anyone else has issues like this.
Stealth42o
+175|6662

alexbay13 wrote:

WTF, I installed my integrated drivers, SigmaTel High Definition Audio, and I didn't experience the lag. Keep thread open just in case, and maybe if anyone else has issues like this.
YAHTZEE!  I don't know why, but a majority of the time when I go fix someones computer, first thing I do is pull the sc.  I doubt I will use one in my next personal build since onboard sound is really good now.

Glad you got it fixed, now go play and have some fun!
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Lag seems to have returned...
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and re-installed Live 24-Bit Audio, cause the Integrated didn't work well with Vista. (Delayed sounds in Desktop.)
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Same results.
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Tried with Integrated, it's a bit worse. I have high doubts it's my processor... only thing left = mobo?
covenant
+4|6204
after reading the other posts i think, if you are on wireless it is that. i had the same problem (almost) after i got rid of wireless this went away. the only differance between your problem and mine is when my game stopped i got the server problems message over the playing screen

and also recent having moved to uni on my current network i may have a ping of 5 but i get stutter and hiccups frequently this is due to all the traffic on the network.
maybe ?
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

I appreciate your thoughts, but I am not on wireless, and I experience this problem on Singleplayer too. over 1400 views, and no answer yet.
covenant
+4|6204
just a thought rather insignificant really but worth a shot

task manager right click the bf2.exe file while it is running the scroll down to "set affinity" then uncheck all but one core
while your there you may as well set it as a high priority process

just a thought p wont work
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

Did a stress test on RAM and Processor, no errors, no warnings. It has to be my Mobo, anyone agree?
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5838|one windy city
my 2 cents are on the sound card, had similar problems on older P4 machine, my soundblaster audigy was bad and was locking up the system during game play
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5686|Adelaide, Australia

covenant wrote:

just a thought rather insignificant really but worth a shot

task manager right click the bf2.exe file while it is running the scroll down to "set affinity" then uncheck all but one core
while your there you may as well set it as a high priority process

just a thought p wont work
Id definately try that, i had a similar problem on a brand new pc when trying to run Tom Clancys Ravenshield, dloaded an AMD patch which basically stopped the 2 cpus fighting over each other, worked perfectly
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned
+22|5688|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I just wanted to say that I used to have a Live! 24-bit sound card and I played BF2 normally.
alexb
<3
+590|5930|Kentucky, USA

No, setting the affinity and setting it to high did nothing. Lag is extreme now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard