deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6490|Connecticut
Everywhere I turn there is someone being offended by someone else. It all boils down to race and religion pretty much and just about every nation is guilty of embracing this standard that caters to one or the other. In America we are so double standardized with racial issues it makes me sick. We have months devoted to heritage and spend all this money on advocating it when we should be spending it on usefull shit. Teach kids how the stock market works instead or something. My official stance from now on if you are offended is to get the fuck over it.
Malloy must go
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

deeznutz1245 wrote:

My official stance from now on if you are offended is to get the fuck over it.
Amen!
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
Pretty much all that needs to be said.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Political_correctness
Smithereener
+138|6313|California

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Teach kids how the stock market works instead or something.
I'd like to have known more about this at an earlier age. The only kind of activity we did was a faux stockmarket thing where in 4/5th grade (forget which) we all started with 10k then using old newspapers, bought random stuff and see if we turn a profit. Obviously, everyone chose Disney, Hershey's, or whatever they recognized and then ended up in the red by like 80k. And still got A's. Thus, we learned absolutely nothing.

And yeh, for the most part, I agree - we're all going to blend into pretty much one race one day, might as well start acting that way.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ
those who don't get offended will surely laugh

http://www.worthalaugh.com/wp-content/u … w-logo.jpg
ƒ³
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France
But if I stop feeling, isn't it like cutting off a limb?

I do not discuss many of the topics on this forum in real life conversation.  Why? 

Everyone around me has a stick in their ass.  I've learn the stick has been there long enough and shouldn't be disturbed.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6596|S.C.
Mixed chicks with frizz... get the fuck over it.
BVC
+325|6693
I saw Dave Chapelle for the first time the other night.  Funny shit!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Pubic wrote:

I saw Dave Chapelle for the first time the other night.  Funny shit!
Have you been living in the jungles of New Guinea for the last 10 years?

Deez, so one could say you are offended at people that get easily offended?

Complain, complain, complain...so many things wrong with society, I'd say people bitching should be at the bottom of the complaint list.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-09-19 18:04:48)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
If you're offended by something and it's not causing you or anyone else personal harm... ignore it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
Explain, please.

I shouldn't have to put up with racist cracks being made to my face every second of the day.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Spark wrote:

Explain, please.

I shouldn't have to put up with racist cracks being made to my face every second of the day.
You shouldnt but what are you gonna do about it?  Sometimes the anti-prejudice movement causes backlash that actually causes more prejudice (lowing is a pretty good example).  Just ignore it or move somewhere else.
bf2gammer
+14|6218

Smithereener wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Teach kids how the stock market works instead or something.
I'd like to have known more about this at an earlier age. The only kind of activity we did was a faux stockmarket thing where in 4/5th grade (forget which) we all started with 10k then using old newspapers, bought random stuff and see if we turn a profit. Obviously, everyone chose Disney, Hershey's, or whatever they recognized and then ended up in the red by like 80k. And still got A's. Thus, we learned absolutely nothing.

And yeh, for the most part, I agree - we're all going to blend into pretty much one race one day, might as well start acting that way.
we did the same thing. I put most of my money on GOOGLE! we got first place lol. pizza party ftw
deeznutz1245
+483|6490|Connecticut

Spark wrote:

Explain, please.

Perhaps, but I shouldnt be forced to pay for 3 Spanish channels in my cable packag when I don't speak fucking Spanish. I also have no use for BET.
Malloy must go
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Roger Lesboules wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Amen!
This is my stance on everything. Im a joker, I very often say "racist" things except im joking with my black or Asian friends at the time, people still give me dark looks though.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

Vilham wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Amen!
This is my stance on everything. Im a joker, I very often say "racist" things except im joking with my black or Asian friends at the time, people still give me dark looks though.
Oh, there's a difference between joking and comments made out of spite, and it's very obvious.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Spearhead wrote:

Spark wrote:

Explain, please.

You shouldnt but what are you gonna do about it?  Sometimes the anti-prejudice movement causes backlash that actually causes more prejudice (lowing is a pretty good example).  Just ignore it or move somewhere else.
lol, I see, so now it is my fault that you are prejudice? Wow! Now that is a whole new level of blamestorming.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

I'm intolerant of all religions - the thought of any and all of them equally makes me sick.

Atheism is the only way to go, but I'm not going to force my non-belief upon others, either.

lowing wrote:

blamestorming.
That's a funny word.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Spark wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Amen!
Oh, there's a difference between joking and comments made out of spite, and it's very obvious.
You would be amazed how many people in the UK that cant tell.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
typical white people
deeznutz1245
+483|6490|Connecticut

Spark wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Amen!
How do I tell when black comedians rip on white people and that is 75% of their act? Thats why I like Chappelle, hey fucks with everyone. Nobody is safe with him.
Malloy must go
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Spark wrote:

Explain, please.

lol, I see, so now it is my fault that you are prejudice? Wow! Now that is a whole new level of blamestorming.
Nah, its just you spend way too much time going after those calling out racism, whether there is racism or not.  Waaaaaayy too much time.  A "normal" person just wouldnt give a shit.

Assholes will be assholes, lowing.  But to me you spend too much emphasizing on assholes of a specific race or ethnic group. Maybe its just me.  A lot of what you say makes sense, but you draw conclusions that most other people on dst just cant see happening.  Thats just my opinion though.  Not sure if I'm right.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-19 22:01:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Nah, its just you spend way too much time going after those calling out racism, whether there is racism or not.  Waaaaaayy too much time.  A "normal" person just wouldnt give a shit.

Assholes will be assholes, lowing.  But to me you spend too much emphasizing on assholes of a specific race or ethnic group. Maybe its just me.  A lot of what you say makes sense, but you draw conclusions that most other people on dst just cant see happening.  Thats just my opinion though.  Not sure if I'm right.
Actually, if you read carefully and EXACTLY what I write, I go after those that practice double standards and PC. Race has nothing to do with my motivations or opinions.

In fact, I have never made a truly racial comment in this forum. When you are done laughing at that, you might come to realize that my posts are social in nature, not racial. It is people like yourself that throw out "racism" or "generalizing" when an actual argument against what I say does not readily present itself.

Food for thought: Based on all I have posted, do you honestly think I give a shit for a white trash more than a gangsta?

How about this? Based on all I have posted, do you honestly think I would tolerate white trash over a middle class black man?

Another: Based on all that I have posted, do you honestly think I would hire a less qualified white guy over a more qualified black guy?

I really hope you answer NO to those questions.

Here is where I get nailed.

Would I rather hire a qualifed white guy over a black guy who is assisted by affirmative action with less qualifications?

The answer is YES, I would: It is at this point where I would be called a racist, if this were the topic of conversation in an "affirmative action" thread.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I would answer no to all of those lowing.  And yes your post makes sense.  And no it's not racist.

Just seems like sometimes you bring up race when it should not even be an issue.  Just because other people dont bring it up as often doesnt mean they dont agree with you.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Blacks can call other blacks niggers and it is seen as a compliment, but if whites do that it is seen as in insult. The line between intolerance and stupidity is a fine one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard