aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5779|Roma
I'm part scared part tired.
I hope I get easy questions and pass it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6479|The Twilight Zone
Theres always a second chance...and a third one, and a fourth one...so relax, if you don't make it today then next week.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6564|Long Island, New York

aerodynamic wrote:

It's easy as fuck. Trust me.

You mean permit and not license, right?

Didn't know there was a written test for your license...thought it was just the road test.
.Sup
be nice

Poseidon wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Didn't know there was a written test for your license...thought it was just the road test.
Don't you have written exams in US before you hit the road?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5779|Roma
I live in Italy.
Here its Written and then Driving.
If i fail this i have to wait 1 month and 1 day to take the next written exam, and do all those theory lessons + driving lessons over again.
Also here you get the before the actual driving exam so you can practice.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6564|Long Island, New York

aerodynamic wrote:

I live in Italy.
If i fail this i have to wait 1 month and 1 day to take the next written exam, and do all those theory lessons + driving lessons over again.
Ah, okay, Because for us here in America, it's first a 20 question multiple choice written gets you your permit so you can drive with a parent during the day/afternoon and then you take driver's ed (either through school or somewhere else) and then you schedule a road test which will allow you to have near-full driving capabilities when you're (I think) 17. Could be 18. I think it varies state to state. Here in NY it's 17 I'm pretty sure.

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

For your permit, which as I said, only allows a very small amount of driving during restricted hours. I mean, you can drive as much as you want...but it has to be within certain hours and it has to be with an adult.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-19 04:58:54)

.Sup
be nice

aerodynamic wrote:

I live in Italy.
Same here in adjacent country (guess which).
.Sup
be nice

Poseidon wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

I live in Italy.
Ah, okay, Because for us here in America, it's first a 20 question multiple choice written gets you your permit so you can drive with a parent during the day/afternoon and then you take driver's ed (either through school or somewhere else) and then you schedule a road test which will allow you to have near-full driving capabilities when you're (I think) 17. Could be 18. I think it varies state to state. Here in NY it's 17 I'm pretty sure.

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

For your permit, which as I said, only allows a very small amount of driving during restricted hours. I mean, you can drive as much as you want...but it has to be within certain hours and it has to be with an adult.
Adult is anyone that is 18 or more here. Same in US?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6719

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

I live in Italy.

.Sup wrote:

Adult is anyone that is 18 or more here. Same in US?
Correct. But in New York State you can only drive with a permit if there is a licensed driver, 21 years of age or older in the passenger seat.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-09-19 05:13:00)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6675

I'm sure you'll pass it. No one in Italy has any idea of how traffic laws work, so clearly the pass mark must be very low.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6593|NYC / Hamburg

Assuming the french system is similar to the Italian one, you're a retard if you don't pass the written test. I passed mine without any studying while hardly even speaking any french.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5779|Roma
I'm so pissed off.
I'm allowed to do 4 mistakes, and guess mow many i did.

5, FUCKING FIVE!!!!!!
just one right answer and i could have passed.
I'm off to get drunk.
cya guys.
bob9f6
+11|6014|A sea above the map of Tassie
haha that sucks dude. Go steal a car and stick it to the man.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6710|West Yorkshire, U.K
Its easy, I just passed it 2 hours ago with little revision
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6500|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I also passed my Theory test 2 weeks ago:

47/50 for my questions.
50/75 for my hazard perception.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6285|B.C. Canada
In Canada (well BC anyway) you take a multiple answer test which is 50 questions then if you pass you only get to drive around with someone who is 25+ in age and has their license already and then 1 full year later you can go and take the road test, if you pass that you can only take 1 passenger with you or you can take as many family members (I guess they don't care if you kill your family) and then 2 full years after that you can go and take another road test which well get your your full license. We do not need to take any lessons or anything if we don't want to. I think our system sucks. Like it takes 3 years to get your full license and a lot of guys including me usually get licenses suspended for a couple months for speeding or having to many passengers and if you get suspended well guess what! YOU START ALL OVER AGAIN! Which means if you have the license which qualifies you to drive on your own and you get suspended say within a couple months of the full license exam well you have to start right from the start of having your license where you can drive on your own so you have to wait another 2 years!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6418|Southern California

aerodynamic wrote:

I'm so pissed off.
I'm allowed to do 4 mistakes, and guess mow many i did.

5, FUCKING FIVE!!!!!!
just one right answer and i could have passed.
I'm off to get drunk.
cya guys.
Even in our stupid American system, I failed at least once... The written part is the hardest because its all random memorization... they always got me on random stuff like how far ahead to signal and what not... I can DO it fine but during the test I am sitting there trying to picture in my head how far each length looks.

Sucks that it means you guys have to take everything again though.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Over here it's like this:

7 driving lessons and a lecture to get a permit to drive with someone else that has had his/her driving license for at least 5 years. (got mine at 5 lessons, I'm so uber)

Another lecture and then driving lessons until your instructor tells you that you are ready to take the written test.

40 question A/B/C test where there can be multiple right answers, so you can get 3 errors for each question. Split in two 20 question parts, you can get 2 errors on part A and 7 errors max, so if you get 3 errors on A and 0 errors on B you still fail.

Verbal test on the engine functions, all the lights, tools, safety gear, etc.

Driving test.

Vóila, full license at 17.

Got mine with 0 faults in written, 0 faults in verbal and 0 faults in driving, ftw.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6622|England
I'm sure most people are familiar with the system here in the UK.

You first send off to the DVLA for your Provisional License at 17. That allows you to drive as long as you're with a full license holder who has been driving for at least 5 years. You're also not allowed any additional passengers.

Then you take your Theory test, in which you must score a percentage out of 56 multiple choice questions (is it 56? I'm sure when I took mine it was 40, and I scored 39/40).

At the same time you take what's called a Hazard Perception Test. Essentially you look at pre-recorded tapes of someone driving as filmed from the cockpit, and you click a button every time you see a potential hazard. Clicking too much will fail you, as will missing more than a couple of hazards. You get more points the quicker you spot the hazard, there's a timing window, with a maximum score of 5 (if you clicked almost instantaneously) to 1 (if it took you 5 seconds). I think it's scored out of 60.

(It has been a long time since I took my theory so correct me if I'm wrong).

Once that's passed, you have 2 years to have lessons, brush up your skills and take your practical test. If you don't pass within 2 years you have to take your Theory Test all over again.

Last edited by rh27 (2008-09-19 16:31:36)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6610|England

ELITE-UK wrote:

I also passed my Theory test 2 weeks ago:

47/50 for my questions.
50/75 for my hazard perception.
I got:

49/50 multiple choice
63/75 hazard perception

Theory is piss easy. Had mine on a monday morning. Started learning saturday with the highway code... got bored. On sunday got one of those practice CDs, and was failing the mock tests. I was determined to pass one mock test before i went to bed, which i eventually did at like 11pm.

Next morning CD time, passed 4 times in a row and i was ready.

Moral of the story... cramming is the key to sucess.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard