SlickWRX
+6|6743

gimp-pf wrote:

u guys are a bunch of idiots. why would their be planes in special forces. these are mostly city type maps. that is what the special forces deal with. wtf would u have a plane when most of the time u are in buildings or in cities. what a bunch of dumbasses.it makes no sense to have jets flying over single cities having dog fights. what a stupid fucking topic.
I completely agree.
JAMER
+3|6672

Leonnoe1 wrote:

What's an F-22 Lightning?
I have never heard of the F-22 Lighning.  I have heard of the F-22 Raptor.  It is similar to the F-35 but with Twin Engines.  It was being made in Texas but got cancelled bue to management and union problems.  The cost of these planes were rediculous and they only made a couple hundred.  The F-35 is very similar, cheaper, better made (made in Florida by the same guys that made the F-16, one of the best jets both performance and cost), more reliable, but only one engine (LAWN DART).
SlickWRX
+6|6743

JAMER wrote:

Leonnoe1 wrote:

I have never heard of the F-22 Lighning.  I have heard of the F-22 Raptor.  It is similar to the F-35 but with Twin Engines.  It was being made in Texas but got cancelled bue to management and union problems.  The cost of these planes were rediculous and they only made a couple hundred.  The F-35 is very similar, cheaper, better made (made in Florida by the same guys that made the F-16, one of the best jets both performance and cost), more reliable, but only one engine (LAWN DART).
The YF-22 Lightning was the prototype that beat out the YF-32 for the defense contract.  The production YF-22 is called the Raptor.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Hmm. I honestly expected at least one or two jet maps to be in SF when I got it. After all, there was a ribbon for it...either put in a map with one fighter for each team, or take the ribbon out. It drives award junkies like me crazy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-13 05:57:06)

Norseman
+0|6778

gimp-pf wrote:

and where the fuck would the planes even take off from. i can guarentee there are no air fields in the city.jeez people
I don't see why there couldn't be jets on Iron Gator or Night Flight. What's the point of capturing an airport if you aren't going to use it?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I think all the SpecForces maps are fine. What they need is a completely new map with a jet for each side. That way, that aerial service ribbon will stop being dangled before pilots like a forever inaccessable sirloin steak in front of a dog's face.
xbrandomx
+9|6650

Leonnoe1 wrote:

its the newest fighter plane.  Supposed to be partly stealth and amazing at arial maneuvers.

personally- planes are TKing machines.  Thats all that happens in them.  If we can get a couple of stealth planes on there with huge new maps- I'm all for it.  But if they decide to tac them onto maps like I've seen lately you can shove it.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6635

Leonnoe1 wrote:

It's F/A-22 Raptor, the plane im being reordered to. It has stealth cap., and AB IAS without the the AB. Its going to replace the 16s and the 15s.  See you at KEDW, in my new bird!
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6635

SlickWRX wrote:

JAMER wrote:

Leonnoe1 wrote:

The YF-22 Lightning was the prototype that beat out the YF-32 for the defense contract.  The production YF-22 is called the Raptor.
Righto! Finally someone that knows my branch! The sad thing is that the force may look into the 32. THE  thats what my fellow boys say. I dont believe them though. But also. the 22 is NOT being canceled! I am being restationed to the eastcoast so i can fly one , they did have union problems but they still continued the production. And the 35 has two engines, the normal, and the VTOL jet vector.
RockySAD
+1|6616
guys this is for people who would think it would be cool for it to have jets so shut the hell up if your just going to put the idea down! i think it would most def. be awesome if you could C4 the things on the wheels on iron gator=) or if they made a secret hangar somewhere that would be the shit!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
this thread is from January 15th... lol
xbrandomx
+9|6650
honestly: when will they actually put out a booster for SF?!  NEVER.  EA doesn't love us.
walyl135
+7|6633|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR

Spearhead wrote:

What about Stealth bombers for the US?  I know technically it's a bomber but it'd be cool to fly one
two things f117 IS the stealth bomber NOOB,,

and it is impossible to get the flight ribbon in SF cos there are no planes WAT SORT OF DIK thought that would be a good idea.........................................................................

:-(
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6669

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

SlickWRX wrote:

JAMER wrote:

Righto! Finally someone that knows my branch! The sad thing is that the force may look into the 32. THE  thats what my fellow boys say. I dont believe them though. But also. the 22 is NOT being canceled! I am being restationed to the eastcoast so i can fly one , they did have union problems but they still continued the production. And the 35 has two engines, the normal, and the VTOL jet vector.
Isn't it a STOVL, not a VTOL bird? IE, standard takeoff, vertical landing - as opposed to a Harrier, which is vertical take off and landing (VTOL)?

Also, what would be the point in a stealth aircraft in a game with no radar?

Just, y'know, a thought.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2006-04-27 15:38:11)

SEAL19
+3|6531
There might have been more BF:SF maps with the included jets, but they pulled them at the last second.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard