-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6793|South Cybertown, Texas
OK now I'M P.O.!

For the 2-3 time I was acting Commander and all of a sudden I get the boot for being idle! Although I was not the most active player in the game, I was moving around as much as possable and still give my troops my full attention.

POS PUNKBUSTER!!!!!!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

? Well I find that a bit hard to believe. I play commander pretty often, and I dont move a musscle. I pick a shelter put the 'commander laptop' on screen and command. Never been kicked by PB however, even in servers that have the 'Idle-kick' active.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
PB has been schitzing out lately - they have even posted something on their site about it apparently, so it was probably a glitch.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6719|Melbourne, Australia
yer i agree its been skitzing out ... yesterday i was at a lan cafe an we all kept getting kicked out for no reason.. everyone on the interior server did i think PB may of been updating
whatnot
+0|6773
[url=http://www.bf2cc.com/]BF2CC[/url] is kicking you with PunkBuster; PunkBuster itself is not suddenly deciding to kick you.

It could also be an admin wanting your spot and using "idling" as a bullshit reason.
jasondemon2000
+0|6711
i dont smoke in my house so i go outside for one when im playing. Sometimes when i get back ive been kicked for being idle. I spose i should logout but when the servers full or getting full i dont wanna risk it.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6679|Denver, CO
i find a piece of paper useful to jam a key and keep crawling onto a hill while i smoke worked for me so far
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Or in my case, I put dive on the forward key and then put a hard-disk on top.. works fine
monkeyboy
+8|6665
If you hold forwards and tap one of the speak team/all buttons, you'll carry on walking forwards till you push enter to cancel the typing.

Saves you having to weigh down the keyboard. Also useful when you've bailed out of a plane over water and have a long swim ahead.
arson
+99|6636|New York

whatnot wrote:

BF2CC is kicking you with PunkBuster; PunkBuster itself is not suddenly deciding to kick you.

It could also be an admin wanting your spot and using "idling" as a bullshit reason.
imagine that lol ...
Orion5413
+4|6687|Irving Tx
i got kicked for idiling while trying to load a game....
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6775

Orion5413 wrote:

i got kicked for idiling while trying to load a game....
Yeah, that used to happen to me... then I got 2 gigs of ram and a 3.8 gig processor (and I also noticed that a whole lot less people cheat when you have a good computer )
SlickWRX
+6|6743
What really gets me are the dumbass admins that set up one of the servers I tried to play on last week.  It was set to kick anyone who's ping went over 100ms.  Most of the servers I play on I have a ping of like 50ms but latency can spike up at times.  Kicking for higher than 300 is reasonable but 100 is just plain ignorant.
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
My ping have been lower than 12 sometimes and my ping is always under 70 on good servers but mostly it's around 25+ or lower.

Also people with 100+ ping are quite hard to hit and people with 150+ are even more harder to kill. >.<
numbnuts
+2|6614
The only time ive been kicked by PB is when i enter a game and chong on a fat bolonga before i start.
SirBone
+0|6692
How are you supposed to get time on ground defense and air defense when you sit in them trying to shoot stuff and then get kicked for being idle?
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6662|The Netherlands
An admin can clearly see the difference between someone in ground/air defence  or IDLE

He can see in BF2CC
1. Total idle time
2. If the player is dead/in spawn menu (skull symbol)
3. In which 'vehicle' the player is  ( when idle this shows "Free Camera"  )

So if the player is idle for say 10 minutes and the icon is a skull and it shows "Free Camera"...
it's fair to kick you, to make room for people who do want to play!
numbnuts
+2|6614
pity they dont focus on people who cheat instead of us honest players that are probably just making quick cuppa.

btw i got kicked for just 1 minute idle time today. i was just rolling a golden virginia for christ sake.

Last edited by numbnuts (2006-03-29 13:16:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard