B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well guys, guess what. Any suggestions for the map cycle ?

this is a 64-slot BF2 server, not SF. Right now, we don't have EF maps running, since it ain't out yet officially. But since this is an EU server, I do plan to include those in the map cycle once they are out.

any maps you don't want to see ? One round or two per map ? timelimit or until the tickets expire ?

post your thoughts here. only serious suggestions please. Spamming wil not be tolerated.

rgds,
B.
ResDog1
+51|6735|Netherlands
- 2 rounds (players get switched to other side after 1 round)
- NO time limit, only ticketexpire.
- FF on
- Punish off
- If possible reactivate mine and claymore FF

Mapcycle:
EU maps
Karkand
Sharki
Oman
UCLink
+0|6757|Linkoping, Sweden
First of all I think it's a nice idea with a new server.
Regarding the map cycle. I’ve some suggestions:
1. City
The Great Wall (EU)
Mashtuur City
Warlord (SF)
Sharqi Peninsula
Ghost Town (SF)
Strike at Karkand

Maps I rather not see is:
Wake
All the others SF maps
Dalian Plant (Been baseraped there too many times:)

I also think that it should be two rounds per map (player switch after 1 round).
Would the server be in Germany?
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

ResDog1 wrote:

Mapcycle:
EU maps
Karkand
Sharki
Oman
bad idea, it would kick players for not having the booster, same with special forces expansion.
B.Schuss

well, the server is located in the netherlands. since this is an EU server, I do plan to include the upcoming EF maps in the mapcycle. definitely no SF maps though. too much hustle to switch between the games.

the current map cycle is

Wake
Mashtuur
Gulf of Oman
Strike at Karkand
Sharqui

This mapcycle should help getting the server populated.

2 rounds each. I haven't found out yet how to make the teams switch automatically after the first round, but I'll get to that.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6790|Belgium

B.Schuss wrote:

Wake
Mashtuur
Gulf of Oman
Strike at Karkand
Sharqui

This mapcycle should help getting the server populated.
That sure would
R
d11fdj
+3|6719|Athens
I always prefer 3 rounds per map, because of the long loading times i have but also because if one side wins round 1, and the other side wins round 2, then you need to find a winner!

All maps + EF, apart from Songua Stalemate - horrible boring map.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

B.Schuss wrote:

since this is an EU server, I do plan to include the upcoming EF maps in the mapcycle..
Fair enough, better make sure i get EF soon then, great excuse to get it
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
Map cycle suggestion:
Great Wall of China
Great Wall of China (it roxx)
Operation Smoke Screen
Sharqi Peninsula
Sharqi Peninsula
Sharqi Peninsula

NO Karkand plz
roundtime 3 would be great
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Yawn, another city server .

My suggestion is to run all maps and then ppl can jump in when a sequence of their favourites is next. Personally I'm fed up with Karkand. But that's just me.

Edit: I created some polls about maps and nof rounds. Someone else could make polls about FF and timelimits etc if they want because I can't be bothered.

Last edited by voltage (2006-03-03 15:27:19)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
i think you should play all maps. maybe exclude zatar or songhua because they tend to kill servers, allthough i like the maps. please dont make it city only!
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

I´ve never played on this server so far... why? I wasnt able yet finding it, hmpf!

I´ll play today with some of my clanmates, hope to see you there.

Mapsuggestions like posted before are ok.

What about one or two days playing SF-Maps? If this question was already posted forgive me for my ignorance.

If EF is released (in a galaxy far far away) it will, of course, be nice to play EF-Maps (dont have a clue ´bout them yet so I dont can post my opinion)
B.Schuss

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

I´ve never played on this server so far... why? I wasnt able yet finding it, hmpf!

I´ll play today with some of my clanmates, hope to see you there.

Mapsuggestions like posted before are ok.

What about one or two days playing SF-Maps? If this question was already posted forgive me for my ignorance.

If EF is released (in a galaxy far far away) it will, of course, be nice to play EF-Maps (dont have a clue ´bout them yet so I dont can post my opinion)
I am not so sure about SF. I prefer server that either run Vanilla BF2 or SF, not both. EF maps will most likely be included in the cycle as soon as the booster is "officially" out. After all, this is an EU server. Where else would you run EF maps ?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
please set as starting round strike at karkand, it's always wake running.
i think if the mapcycle hasn't started once it will always stay that way.
karkand will get the server easier full to make it run up
B.Schuss

bmb|danCer wrote:

please set as starting round strike at karkand, it's always wake running.
i think if the mapcycle hasn't started once it will always stay that way.
karkand will get the server easier full to make it run up
ok, I'll try that
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands

B.Schuss wrote:

Since this is an EU server, I do plan to include the upcoming EF maps in the mapcycle.
Remember that the 3 EuroForce maps are 16/32 player only... and the EU server is 64...
What will happen if 64 players rotate from a 64 map to a EF 32 player map ? will 32 be kicked ?
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
No they won t be kicked. There are many servers that run 32 player maps with 64 players...........you could even play a 16 player map with 64 people.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

No they won t be kicked. There are many servers that run 32 player maps with 64 players...........you could even play a 16 player map with 64 people.
actually its pretty funny.
u nev er get bored
B.Schuss

Lt.Goldman wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Since this is an EU server, I do plan to include the upcoming EF maps in the mapcycle.
Remember that the 3 EuroForce maps are 16/32 player only... and the EU server is 64...
What will happen if 64 players rotate from a 64 map to a EF 32 player map ? will 32 be kicked ?
well, right now it doesn't look like we will be having 64 people on the server anyway, so I just might reduce the number of slots to 32, until the server is populated on a constant basis. then we will move back up to 64 slots. this will also speed up the round time considerably. Last week we were playing karkand 64 size with 12 guys and it took forever...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
No Dragon Valley?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

kilroy0097 wrote:

No Dragon Valley?
nope, not in the map rotation list at the moment
B.Schuss

kilroy0097 wrote:

No Dragon Valley?
not right now, but I plan to extend the mapcycle as soon as we have the server running again. As mentioned before, our GSP had to take the server off yesterday due to hardware performance issues.
This was their first try at an Opteron-based system and it obviously failed dramatically. Getting a new server will take a couple of days.
d11fdj
+3|6719|Athens
Awesome, it'll be cool to play with you guys. 

But what do you think about agreeing on a rendez-vous time?  Obviously not tonight because Liverpool are playing so you should all be watching the football encouraging the mighty reds....

By the way Schuss, are you a basketball ref?  You play bball as well or do you stick to the reffing?
TC><Injecter
+4|6798|Berlin, Germany
Kubra Dam!? I think its one of the best... AND Dalian Plant..  I love those maps
B.Schuss

d11fdj wrote:

Awesome, it'll be cool to play with you guys. 

But what do you think about agreeing on a rendez-vous time?  Obviously not tonight because Liverpool are playing so you should all be watching the football encouraging the mighty reds....

By the way Schuss, are you a basketball ref?  You play bball as well or do you stick to the reffing?
yep, I am a Basketball Ref but I also have been playing Basketball in my local club since 1989. So I had been a player first and then decided to become a Ref. I don't know many Refs who don't play at the same time, at least not in the minor leagues. Professional Refs don't play, obviously.

I'll be cheering on Bayern Munich tonight since they are the last german club left in the champions league ( god, why did the Bremen keeper drop that ball yesterday.. ).

We could agree on a rendez-vous time, but as long as the server is down, that doesn't make much sense, does it ? I'll be on every night, as soon as the server is back up again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard