Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Also, as well as SoC, it's buggy like no tomorrow...
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6746|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

Sydney wrote:

Also, as well as SoC, it's buggy like no tomorrow...
By fuck it was! However there are 2 patchs out already. Theys sorted out some of the dramas.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I have just done the mission where you have to find the 'Space Anomoly', where theres a like bubble of some sort surrounded by 3 invisible mutants and a tank, did anyone else just run past the mutants and just into the bubble and end up in a village?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

ELITE-UK wrote:

I have just done the mission where you have to find the 'Space Anomoly', where theres a like bubble of some sort surrounded by 3 invisible mutants and a tank, did anyone else just run past the mutants and just into the bubble and end up in a village?
I'm guessing that's the space anomaly?
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

ELITE-UK wrote:

What village did you end up in???

I got to that part after the best part of over 1000 rounds fired at that fat freaky mutant! Recommend you have a M203 launcher for that tosser. He was bloody nails! Alot harder than the one in SOC.
If you just ran for it mate you missed to very pricey artifacts in the area in the centre. When l jumped into the 'Space Anomoly' l ended up next to a small duty camp near the NPC know as the forester.

This was a great game. The ending was abit shite to be fair and l found the end level in SOC better than the on in CS.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
I thought this might intrest some people. I pulled this off another site.

In the red forest a loner might give you a task to retrieve the "tank gun" from below the teleporter anomaly. After retrieving what turned out to be a PKM and several thousand rounds he expected me to return it to him for no reward (unless you count the ammo) the foolish stalker was left standing there waiting for a good couple of days before finally meeting a bloodsucker  good way to get a (sadly not upgradable) version of the PKM pre Limansk.

Also in the Military warehouses you'll see a Freedom camp above the Bloodsucker village (near the road to Garbage) here you'll find a guy asking you to go and find the Flame artifact in return for a rather handy FT200 M, bargain!

Be nice to get a FT200M before the end mission!!
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

The_Guardsman wrote:

good way to get a (sadly not upgradable) version of the PKM pre Limansk.
If you enter Duty PKM appears at their vendor's shop And tons of ammo for it - usually 1200-1600 rounds. Also they are the only faction that can upgrade PKM's.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-09-17 03:26:24)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The_Guardsman wrote:

I take it not many people are looking forward to this!
Insane defense against headshots turned me off the first time, and I didn't feel like dropping in a mod. Waiting for Fallout 3, myself.
Longbow

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Insane defense against headshots turned me off the first time, and I didn't feel like dropping in a mod. Waiting for Fallout 3, myself.
They revised damage/armour sistem - every weapon kills faster now and as far as I remember even PMM kills with one shot in the head.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-09-17 07:17:09)

bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
Is it jus me, or did this patch make guns more accurate? So now out of 10 bullets, instead of one hitting the target and the other nine flying in random directions, 8 or so land pretty near? It make combat a lot better.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
how the FUCK do i turn off auto saves? it's saving every damn time i move and lagging me to hell and back
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
That little disk icon isnt auto save I dont think, it means its loading stuff. If you're lagging, turn view distance down to about 1/4, turn grass density down quite a way. You can still see miles. Oh also check if you have the best lighting settings, then turn it to the one better than "object dynamic lighting" I think itd "full dynamic lighting" cos with the most advance lighting techniques it has volumetric smoke and all that other jazz, which takes its toll on the best processors and graphics cards out there. Hope this helps.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703
Hmm, just found a real-weapon-names mods, not sure if it'll work though.

I'm just waiting until someone makes a mod that turns off those stupid "Mutant" dots on your PDA, I mean who on earth thought that would be a good idea!??!?!

Though loving the game, just never seem to have any money or armour!

Also I need help, I joined the Stalker faction and I've kept clearing out the bandit base at the Depot in Garbage. On my fourth time now, but the bandits keep taking it back because none of the Stalkers come and reinforce it! Is it actually possible to do it?!?!?!
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Hmm, just found a real-weapon-names mods, not sure if it'll work though.

I'm just waiting until someone makes a mod that turns off those stupid "Mutant" dots on your PDA, I mean who on earth thought that would be a good idea!??!?!

Though loving the game, just never seem to have any money or armour!

Also I need help, I joined the Stalker faction and I've kept clearing out the bandit base at the Depot in Garbage. On my fourth time now, but the bandits keep taking it back because none of the Stalkers come and reinforce it! Is it actually possible to do it?!?!?!
Apparently the latest patch is meant to sort that, I think... But yeah it happened to me last time
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
Surprisingly the first time l played it with out the patch the Stalkers faction did actually take it over. With the new patches they haven't even bimbled into the Garbage!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703

The_Guardsman wrote:

Surprisingly the first time l played it with out the patch the Stalkers faction did actually take it over. With the new patches they haven't even bimbled into the Garbage!
Same they just hang around the entrance, but all of a sudden there are duty blockades all around Garbage.

Also I'm not that far and my Clear Sky suit is wearing low, just wondering do you win a suit later on in the game? Apparantly you're supposed to get a SEVA suit for going into the underground but I got nothing! (Well 10000RU)
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Same they just hang around the entrance, but all of a sudden there are duty blockades all around Garbage.

Also I'm not that far and my Clear Sky suit is wearing low, just wondering do you win a suit later on in the game? Apparantly you're supposed to get a SEVA suit for going into the underground but I got nothing! (Well 10000RU)
Get it repaired?
Or go artifact hunting and sell them to a decent trader until you can afford a good one!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703
Good point, I got loads of artifacts, but I seem to be saving them for a rainy day.

Also which trader (once you are friends with him) gives you the most RU for artifacts? So far they all pay half the asking price!
Longbow

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Also which trader (once you are friends with him) gives you the most RU for artifacts?
Saharov ofcource. Scientiests always pay the most For a 12 000 artifact he pays 9600 - quite good I think. Go to the Red Forest, theres about 10 artifacts in that location - you will get decend armour, weapon and upgrade it aswell.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703
w00t! Thanks for advice, I've been taking the game seriously slowly to get all the stashes and what-not. So far I'm loving it, but some points just aren't as good as SoC

Damnit. I've fully pached when it first came out, but I still keep on getting the bugs they apparantly fixed!

The "Wild Napr" missions wont work, he wont even talk to me.
Also the merc tunnel wont explode so no mercs are at the factory when I have to kill them all!

Arggggh! Anyone else had problems with the "fixed" bugs?

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2008-09-18 06:04:45)

bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
I'm not far enough yet to know the wild napr missions yet, so I cant say! I'm jus taking my time chilling in the zone, going mutant hunting and the like.
I havent experienced any massive bugs though. But try to have 2 saves, one for before you start the mission, one for during. Learnt that playing SoC.

Also clear sky trader gives a lot of money, like 3600 for a 4000 artifact
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
Anyone know where you get the G36 from? I tried joining freedom, and it wasn't in the shop.

Also, is it possible to get the GP-25 without joining/killing duty?
Longbow

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Anyone know where you get the G36 from? I tried joining freedom, and it wasn't in the shop.
Special faction goods appear at the shop when you complete clanwar quests for the faction. .
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

Longbow wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Anyone found a GP 37 rifle yet? Its the one that looks abit like a G36.
Actually it is G36K. Afaik you have to enter Freedom and then it will appear at their vendor's shop.
Well l joined them and as of yet not been able to buy from the vendor a G36K or GP 37 as it use to be called. Anyone been able to get hold of one of these yet? It appears in the Instruction manual. Yet it seems more illusive than an Elvis impersonating Yeti.

Karma to the first chap that has any info on this thing!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Finished the game, you did get a F2000 on the very last map, but didn't find any G36 ever.

Fully upgraded SIG from freedom = sex

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard