Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Kung Jew wrote:

Friends who've stayed behind have already lost power and are starting to feel the high winds.
No power is reason enough to leave tbh. We went 2 weeks once without power..

It's time to watch Shepard Smith get manhandled by Rita again.
When he is getting up it looks like somebody grabbed him by the head and flung him .

Let the hat go asshole.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Brennan's Family owned Restaurant (40 yrs established) is burning to the ground in Downtown Houston.  Galveston is in the calm of the eye, but has flooding in parts.  Power will be out for a couple o days to maybe a month.

I'm getting trashed in San Marcos.  Every time the reporters say something stupid... we drink. 

Tonight's winning line so far - "They are going to put the rescue boats IN the water to rescue people who need help."  We all had to finish our glasses on that little gem.

KJ
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
Why people live along the Gulf Coast is beyond me.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Kung Jew wrote:

I'm getting trashed in San Marcos.  Every time the reporters say something stupid... we drink. 

Tonight's winning line so far - "They are going to put the rescue boats IN the water to rescue people who need help."  We all had to finish our glasses on that little gem.

KJ
Heh. Is this like some college guys decided to take a shot every time Jack says "Dammit!" in 24? I read somewhere that he heard about this little game so in one episode he said it three times in a row just for the fuck of it

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-09-12 23:55:48)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Yeah.. H-town is still under alot of water.  irishtop, pug?  You guys ok?

I'm in San Marcos still.  They are pulling people over who are trying to get back into town.  There are some who are threatened with a $500 fine or arrest for being on the roads atm.  No power to 1.5 million customers. 

A friend who stayed behind tried to drive by my place but couldn't get close because of all the tree limbs, downed power lines, and broken glass.

Sooooo glad I left.  I won't get back to work for at least a couple more days.  I'm classified as on Evacucation.  I went tubing and fishing yesterday.

KJ
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
We had some flooding, nothing major.  I haven't heard from my uncle who stayed in Houston (but that's not unsual).  Other friends who stayed behind said they are leaving as soon as possible.  We have a couple staying in our house for a week or two.

Amazing though: no rain, but flooding.  Crazy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

boo hoo texas and lousiana.  millions are without power up here you know.  we also had hurricane force winds yesterday.  where are my fema trucks?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6590|London, England

usmarine wrote:

boo hoo texas and lousiana.  millions are without power up here you know.  we also had hurricane force winds yesterday.  where are my fema trucks?
lol ohio
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

usmarine wrote:

lol ohio
its not just ohio retard
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6590|London, England
Is your awesome state fucked up enough to need fema trucks and shit? Looks like you still have your power and internets so it can't be that bad
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

usmarine wrote:

So people lose all they own in a flood and you want FEMA trucks cause you lost power? "hurricane force winds" start as low as 74mph so don't hold your breathe for FEMA trucks........actually, maybe you should
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
usmarine wrote:

You know. I didn't need any FEMA pods.  I actually used my ice maker to give out ice to others and there is an extension cord outta the back of my house to give to those nearby power as well.  My parents house won't have power for a few weeks and I consider them lucky.

I lost a certain amount of respect for usmarine after that last post. 

KJ
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

lol.  so people not having power for a week.  no food, no ice does not warrent any attention?

i guess only bad things happen along the gulf.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-17 14:55:59)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Didn't say you didn't deserve it.  But you won't catch me whining or having a bad attitude about other people getting aid.  It's about helping people who need it.  Try being friendly.  Others tend to help more.

KJ
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Kung Jew wrote:

Didn't say you didn't deserve it.  But you won't catch me whining or having a bad attitude about other people getting aid.  It's about helping people who need it.  Try being friendly.  Others tend to help more.

KJ
im just asking where all the ice and food was for the people up here.  mind you we had no warning.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
Oh those damn cyclones.

Marine is it really that bad up in Ohio?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

usmarine wrote:

Now you're the one whining.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Some 700k folks up there in Ike's way lost power.  No laughing matter.  Recently, Duke recalled teams sent down here as well as requested aid from N/S Carolina. 

Ike's path and intensity traveled far from the coast.  Unfortunately, media coverage has been focused on first and hardest hit, as well as trying to point dramatic fingers at FEMA for poor response.

KJ
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6132|Houston, Texas
woo my house got power today! but i had been partying at a friend's ranch since sunday so all is good, and my house had no damage. we've made it through another 'cane!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Grats man.  Glad to hear it.

Did you see Brennan's? Gone.

KJ
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Roc18 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

it was a dig at the media you twat
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6132|Houston, Texas
i was upset about that i really liked that restaurant. they must rebuild!
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

usmarine wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

it was a dig at the media you twat
well you sounded serious
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
usmarine - Calling people names and pushing the edge here will give you a few days to work on your power as well as your attitude.

This is not sarcasm.

KJ
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Oh those damn cyclones.

Marine is it really that bad up in Ohio?
lewl what number account is this?  wats up yo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard