Poll

-

-47%47% - 8
-52%52% - 9
Total: 17
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6411|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
This is pretty much the same thing that ..teddy.jimmy just asked in the other thread.

Ive just stuck a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter into my desktop pc but its not picking up any signal , but my brothers old acer laptop with wireless can pick it up with no problems at all.

Is this because the card i just put in my desktop has a really shit range?

Last edited by B00MH3ADSH0T (2008-09-17 05:03:02)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6588|NYC / Hamburg

probs. Move your desktop closer to the AP and see if it gets a signal

Why is this a poll?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6411|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Ive tried moving it closer still getting nothing everything is in properly and the antenna is on but im not picking up anything.

The reason its a poll is because for some reason it wouldn't let me post without typing something in the poll "question" box kept getting a pop up error lol.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5994|England

is it switched on?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6218|Winland

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

The reason its a poll is because for some reason it wouldn't let me post without typing something in the poll "question" box kept getting a pop up error lol.
Tried pressing "Post new topic"?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6611|Reisterstown, MD

SamTheMan:D wrote:

is it switched on?
Desktops do not have those types of things like a laptop.  It is most likely interference or a rogue setting.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6153|Scotland!
i'm not sure if you need drivers for a wireless adaptor, but do you have drivers?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6218|Winland

- is winning by 5-4! Take that, other -! - ftw!!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6756|Salt Lake City

Have you gone in and configured the settings for it, like the SSID?  If the SSID isn't broadcasting you will have to enter that data manually.  If you have WPA you will need to specify that as the encryption type and add the shared key.  Also make sure you have set the card to use the same channel as the router, and if you have a MAC address filter you will need to add that to the router.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard