infernalzen
+0|6637
you can have the best equipment in the world,
but if your blokes, command +support isnt up to it,
youre not likely to survive.
Beefy
+0|6650
I would say robots in japanese anime is better then American tanks
but since its fact only, i reckon Japanese F2 fighter is far more better then any American fighter
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Beefy wrote:

I would say robots in japanese anime is better then American tanks
but since its fact only, i reckon Japanese F2 fighter is far more better then any American fighter
in the future... japan would developt gundams!!!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DarkObsidian
+6|6644|Arizona, USA
It's understandable that you will think that your country is superior by nature.
However, I KNOW my country is superior, and it's yet to be matched with a challenge it couldn't handle.
Don't even try the Vietnam card, because as far as the mission goal, we WON Vietnam.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6718
America is losing the Iraq War as far as the mission goal is concerned. They also screwed up big time giving Saddam weapons. You're fighting against your own weapons.

Also, you would NOT have won the Revolution without the French.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6742|cairns australia
how about a weapon that can fire 1 million rounds per minute.the us will have plenty of these for sure.
Click here to watch aussie-invention
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

Russians have far better hardware then the americans. It might not be as high-tech as the US army but it sure does its job in numbers.

And don't start that "we kicked iraq ass with the m1a2SEP" crap as they were t-70's and t-80's.

t-90s > m1a2
125mm smoothbore cannon > 120mm smoothbore

bmp-3m > Bradley m2/m3
100mm 2A70 semi-auto rifled gun/missile launcher > 25mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun
none > BGM-71 TOW

m1 Tunguska > Linebacker m6
9x 9M311-M1 surface-to-air missiles - 4x RMP FIM-92D // the Block I FIM-92E Fire & Forget Stingers
Two twin-barrel 30mm anti-aircraft guns > 25mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun
any fuel! > diesel only

In these examples I'd go for the russian hardware. It has so much more to offer, and many middle-eastern countries and african (morocco) ordererd russian hardware because it is cheaper, cheaper to maintain, and easier to use.
Alterb0y
+0|6735|RAF Lakenheath, UK
Too bad with better equipment they don't have better training like we do.......
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6722|US
Simply having a larger caliber gun does not mean superiority. 
In tanks, accuracy is nearly all important (in my opinoin).  I don't care how much DU you can throw around if the other guy hit you first.  So, which tanks have the best targeting systems?  From what I have heard, it is the Abrams

The USAF will win most any air battle because we have good technology and good communication.  Data-linked F-22s and AWACS give the US a huge advantage.  The USAF is maneuvering into a better position before the enemy knows that the USAF is even there.

To those who know, how does the M8 compare to the G36?
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6752|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

Corrupt wrote:

Eurofighter would give the Raptor a run for its money in an air battle.
Challanger tank is prety nice. Might take out an Abrams 1vs1.
Most British kit is fairly high quality actually.
According to British Aerospace and the British Advanced Defense Research Agency, tests of the Eurofighter against the Russian Su-30 gave kill ratios of 4.5 to 1. For the Raptor F/A-11, the kill ratio was 10 to 1.

I would love to quote my source but I forgot the link
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6766|MA, USA

tehmoogles wrote:

America is losing the Iraq War as far as the mission goal is concerned. They also screwed up big time giving Saddam weapons. You're fighting against your own weapons.

Also, you would NOT have won the Revolution without the French.
1) Can you name the mission goal?

2)  Name one weapon system that the US sold to Iraq.  Just one.

3) The Revolutionary war WOULD have taken much longer without the French, but wouldn't necessarily have been a loss.

Looking forward to a spirited debate on three topics you clearly don't understand.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-03-07 13:14:11)

[MAA]MI2
+3|6781
just going to chime in on this one whittsend, but by mission goal I think he means the seizure of weapons of mass destruction, which was our initial reason to go in. No WMDs found thus far. In terms of your point #2, I dont believe the US sold any armament to the Iraqis (although I have heard here and there about transfer of chemical weapons...still unsubstantiated rumors though). However, the US has sold weapons to Iran (who I dont believe we consider friendly). At least 79 F14 Tomcats (oldies, but still better than some POS MiG-21 "Fishbed") along with small arms. As for point #3, I agree with you that it wouldnt have necessarily been a loss, but I do believe that the chance of US success would have been greatly reduced without the assistance of the French.
By the way, DarkObsidian, if our mission goal in Vietnam was losing 58,226 soldiers to NVA and Viet Cong and then pulling out without a decisive victory, than f**king mission accomplished. If you can present credible evidence that contradicts this, I will gladly revise my point...
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6721|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Corrupt wrote:

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

Corrupt wrote:

Eurofighter would give the Raptor a run for its money in an air battle.
Right.... The raptor has no one to match it
If we match it its a draw, we better it, or attack its weaknesses. Id put money on the Eurofighter with reasonable confidence of it winning.
What r u talkin bout? do ur reasearch next time b4 u open ur mouth
[MAA]MI2
+3|6781

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

Corrupt wrote:

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

If we match it its a draw, we better it, or attack its weaknesses. Id put money on the Eurofighter with reasonable confidence of it winning.
You know, there is this wonderful tool called spell check and not using chat speak so "tat i don sound lyk a too yeer old lololz!!111"
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6721|Wherever the F**k i feel like
.... im sry if the american skools didnt teach me to spel gewd like u forigners
[MAA]MI2
+3|6781
Buddy, I AM in an American public school and have been tought good English. But hey, we arent here to criticize each others abilities as spellers or be grammar Nazis. Just wanted to point that out so that you at least sound more educated when you are trying to make a point.
sheggalism
+16|6750|France
With that weapon any army in the world could match today's US world military domination : the DREAD
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
Woah. That's scary. Can we get a nice pic?

Imagine that thing blended with the 1-million rounds per minute monster...

Although I wouldn't bank it on accuracy...

Last edited by Spark (2006-03-08 02:19:02)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Duramen1 wrote:

oh and about that japan video i thought we were talking about machines that compaired to the US's   everything in that video was from the US (there was one plane a boat and an apc that i didn't recognize)

awax, f-16, f-15, appachies, cobras, those lines of boats, the sub, tommahawks, the hewies its all American

japans defence force uses all american equipment and hell they were originally trained by the US so we wouldn't have to protect them any longer (and yes we had to it was terms of the end of WWII, no army for them but we protect them)
The Japanese heavily modify/replace every electronic system in their military equipment that is shipped from the  US....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND
+6|6660

ilyandor wrote:

http://www.nemo.nu/ibisportal/5pansar/5 … niritn.jpg

Challanger 2??? LOL...the Black Eagle will eat it for breakfast!

-no matter what us BF2 geeks say, Russian technology is the best...
COUGH* BULLSHIT!!!! HAHA!!!! russain tech sucks..... ever hear the russian toaster engineer? they copy theym cant make the own shit worth a fuck... the black eagle? looks CG to me. .... the russians will proly fuck china for whore money and maybe buy one of your fictional tanks.... fuck all the tanks exept the challenger and m1abrams
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6766|MA, USA

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

just going to chime in on this one whittsend, but by mission goal I think he means the seizure of weapons of mass destruction, which was our initial reason to go in. No WMDs found thus far.
That is not the current mission goal, however, and I am wondering if our big-mouthed friend has a clue byond what they tell him on Romper Room.

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

In terms of your point #2, I dont believe the US sold any armament to the Iraqis
Give that man a cigar.

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

(although I have heard here and there about transfer of chemical weapons...still unsubstantiated rumors though).
I doubt it's true.  We never really trusted Saddam, I can't believe we would have sold chemical weapons to him.

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

However, the US has sold weapons to Iran (who I dont believe we consider friendly). At least 79 F14 Tomcats (oldies, but still better than some POS MiG-21 "Fishbed") along with small arms.
ALL of the weapons the US sold to Iran were sold under the regime of the Shah, which we basically installed via a coup.  Upon the Islamic revolution in '79-'80, we ceased selling spare parts....so, although the f-14 is a VERY capable aircraft, it is extremely unlikely that any of Iran's are capable of flight.

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

As for point #3, I agree with you that it wouldnt have necessarily been a loss, but I do believe that the chance of US success would have been greatly reduced without the assistance of the French.
I don't disagree, but it wasn't ALL France.  American forces under Washington had some success keeping the the war going until the French aid finally materialized and sealed the deal.

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

By the way, DarkObsidian, if our mission goal in Vietnam was losing 58,226 soldiers to NVA and Viet Cong and then pulling out without a decisive victory, than f**king mission accomplished. If you can present credible evidence that contradicts this, I will gladly revise my point...
The mission goal in Vietnam was simply to ensure the survival of the South Vietnamese Republic, and while we were there...mission accomplished.  Secondary goals; Under Westmoreland it was body count (which is where we get the phrase "confirmed kill.")  Back then the goal was to kill as many of the enemy as possible in an effort to get them to cease their efforts through attrition.  This was not a great strategy, but it wasn't as ridiculous as some think.  The Vietnamese have admitted that by the time the US withdrew in 1972, the Viet Cong was virtually eliminated as a fighting force, and the NVA had suffered staggering casualties (Vietnamese Deaths are estimated in the range of 600,000 - ten times those of US deaths).  Anyway, the philosophy changed under Abrams from attrition to attacking their supply base (i.e. Ho Chi Minh trail and dumps in Cambodia and Laos), which proved immediately successful.  Unfortunately, by that time the political winds in the US had assured that our troops would leave, regardless of their successes.

sheggalism wrote:

With that weapon any army in the world could match today's US world military domination : the DREAD
Of course...because we all know US military strength is entirely based upon our small arms
[MAA]MI2
+3|6781

whittsend wrote:

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

The mission goal in Vietnam was simply to ensure the survival of the South Vietnamese Republic, and while we were there...mission accomplished.  Secondary goals; Under Westmoreland it was body count (which is where we get the phrase "confirmed kill.")  Back then the goal was to kill as many of the enemy as possible in an effort to get them to cease their efforts through attrition.  This was not a great strategy, but it wasn't as ridiculous as some think.  The Vietnamese have admitted that by the time the US withdrew in 1972, the Viet Cong was virtually eliminated as a fighting force, and the NVA had suffered staggering casualties (Vietnamese Deaths are estimated in the range of 600,000 - ten times those of US deaths).  Anyway, the philosophy changed under Abrams from attrition to attacking their supply base (i.e. Ho Chi Minh trail and dumps in Cambodia and Laos), which proved immediately successful.  Unfortunately, by that time the political winds in the US had assured that our troops would leave, regardless of their successes.
Ah, thank you for the clarification.
herrr_smity
+156|6635|space command ur anus
arguing over lost wars. hmm smart
Corrupt
+0|6848

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

Corrupt wrote:

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

have done
Know for a fact the Eurofighter cannot compare at a distance, It will go down to the stealthed raptor before we know its there. But once we know where the raptor is id give it a reasonable chance.
I never said it would kick the Raptors ass, merely that it would stand a half decent chance
RogueWarrior
+0|6649
Ok guys here is my thoughts.

You can have the best weapons systems in the world. But, it all comes down to training. Without training any army could be defeated.

I am a former Marine training has saved my arse server times. I loved my M16A2 I had it zeroed in and it worked just fine for me in all conditions: High Temps, Cold weather etc.
I kept it clean all the time and when it waranted put some extra CLP on it to keep it from freezing up.

Last edited by RogueWarrior (2006-03-09 22:17:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard