• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Recommend me a case/enclosure (big enough for GTX280)...
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)
it would appear a P182 just ain't quite big enough for a GTX280, soooo...

Anyone here got a GTX280? What case you got?

Or can anyone else reccomend me a case they know will be big enough?

(needs to have space enough for 3 GTX280's)

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-09-11 08:30:29)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Cosmos.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

TT Armor, Stacker
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)
OH, shoulda also said - Need at least 4 (preferably 6) 3.5" HDD bays, 1 FDD bay, minimum 1 5.25" bay.

Ghetto: this?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Indeed. But fuck me they've put the price up. Shop around, I got mine for 100 quid.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)

ghettoperson wrote:

Indeed. But fuck me they've put the price up. Shop around, I got mine for 100 quid.
Yeah, I'll normally start at OC's 'cos their range is good, but then look elsewhere for better prices...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)

max wrote:

TT Armor, Stacker
Armor=this?

Stacker=???
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6240|United Kingdom
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Stacker

There must be some kind of shortage in Cosmos cases, as the people I bought mine from (Aria PC) have put their price from 100 up to 150 inc. tax.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
/me notes ghetto's case
CrazeD
+368|6677|Maine
Check out some of the Lian-Li's too. They're pretty roomy.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6589|Finland
I have TT Armor+ and I can say it is really good.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)

CrazeD wrote:

Bloody expensive too... But they do look nice.

OK, currently I'm leaning towards the Cosmo (but waiting for confirmation from CM that it will take 3 GTX280s, and confirmation from mate I'm building this bloody thing for, that it's good style-wise)...

So, new question: As everything has both good and bad points, what are the Cosmos bad points?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Cosmos is a case designed more for silence than cooling performance. It's nice and quiet though, with 4 fans in it. That said, when it isn't 25C outside it keeps my CPU at 30 idle or 50 load. The Cosmos will definitely take 3 280's BTW. I have 5 inches after my mobo stops and the HDD cases begins.
CrazeD
+368|6677|Maine

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

OK, currently I'm leaning towards the Cosmo (but waiting for confirmation from CM that it will take 3 GTX280s, and confirmation from mate I'm building this bloody thing for, that it's good style-wise)...

So, new question: As everything has both good and bad points, what are the Cosmos bad points?
Well, if you're buying three GTX280's...I figured money didn't matter. :p
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)

CrazeD wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Well, if you're buying three GTX280's...I figured money didn't matter. :p
It didn't so much when I chose the case in the first place, then I spent the rest of my mates budget, then I ordered the parts, then they arrived, then I started building it, then I said "oops" (or words to that effect).
Computer_Guy
+54|6701
It would fit in the P812 if you remove the harddrive bay that is in the top section.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6770|Cambridge (UK)

Computer_Guy wrote:

It would fit in the P812 if you remove the harddrive bay that is in the top section.
But that would mean not using said hard-drive bay...
I really need at least 4 HDD bays, ideally 6 - which the 182 has, unless you take the said HDD bay out.

Trust me, I looked at all the possibilities.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Recommend me a case/enclosure (big enough for GTX280)...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard