Britishbeef
+0|6792|Err...Britain
Woohoo, from corporal to master gunery sargent or at least i will be when i log back in.  The new map is a bit hard for the US which makes a change so its good but its a bit different flying at 1000mph compared to 400mph in 1942.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6802|Virginia, USA
ok, so i have 27,000 points...will i get all 3 new ranks and weapons at once?
[CoN]Eraser
+0|6787

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Now if someone can tell us what the new requirements for ranks, ribbons and badges are.
Those are in the new and improved UBAR.

I think this patch is great. Now everybody can enjoy a new rank and unlock.
[CoN]Eraser
+0|6787

77th|1st Lt. Werstein wrote:

ok, so i have 27,000 points...will i get all 3 new ranks and weapons at once?
Yes you do, but make some points first.

Last edited by [CoN]Eraser (2005-10-05 00:19:06)

spon
+2|6835|San Jose, CA
Definately like the new scoring system. because it would have taken me like 365 years to get to the next rank. so that's BALLER

I dont' like having to get out of the vehicle to capture, but I can see how its alittle more fair to do.

some of the sounds I don't like either.

Otherwise a good patch!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Now if someone can tell us what the new requirements for ranks, ribbons and badges are.
Er, uh, UBAR is already updated. o.O
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6774|The Hague, Holland
Gentleman, we are a couple of the few that have the pleasure to play this game without any bugs
My regrets to the people with problems. But damn are We lucky.
Carry on soldiers!
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6835|TX
love the supply drop location icon.  love the new tank and apc sounds.  (you can actually hear people talking to you if you are in a tank!)  love the increase in rank and the unlocks.  love that i can actually get veteran badges without quitting my job.  love having a favorites list.  only thing that will take some getting used to is getting out of vehicles to cap flags.  but i actually agree with that change.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6833|Missoula, MT
I like that my last 4 or 5 rounds I had a higher kill count than death count.  Thank you Unlocks!    The supply icon is nice.  Anyone know this?  If your commander drops supplies for you, does the enemy see it as an icon as well?  Curious.
GenLobo
+6|6808|California
Patch Is Great!

Love Wake 2007!

Brings Back Old Memories!
thinner44
+1|6801
I have a shed load of new weapons to use, so I tried them out today... I love em, especially the big shiney one that shoots a 50cal round.
I like this new patch.... I like my new rank...all 3 of them at once ... I really love the electric buggy (Jeep), they sound great
I might get a chance to improve my K/D ratio now ... just need some new glasses

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-10-05 08:58:42)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

1.03 is WICKED.

I love the DAO by the way.  I kept having bunny hoppers annoy me... until I unlocked the DAO.
"DODGE THIS" I kept saying as I sprayed them with the full 12 round drum
tacoturtle
+0|6771|alabama
Downloaded two bad copies before I downloaded a good one. Installed ok. Has died on me only once. All in all I have no problems with it. My favorite parts are the FAVORITES section, and being able to look up players. I havent had a chance to test out everything but the minor inconviences are just that and dont diminish the game imho.
rockviper-Actual
+0|6771
I like it, seems like EA is doing a good Job.
As long as I dont run into problems with Hackers, I'l stay happy ( thats why I dont play Americas Army much anymore )
SokViChet
+1|6780
New weapons?!?  I apologize for being dim, but could someone elaborate on this please?
EDIT / UPDATE:  Seems as if you guys mean new UNLOCKs...  silly me...

I have not had any problems with this patch, and am ok with it so far.  I really like being able to play with my unlocks a lot sooner than I expected... however, I just read that someone was saving his for the Special Forces expansion... hmmm didnt think of that.... I did actually save my last one due to a tough decision, but I never thought about having to have unused unlocks for the expansion.

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-05 10:41:20)

-TAC^Opie-
+2|6798
Nice job with the quick UBAR update Chuy.

All I can say is that the rank complainers are a sorry lot.  Imagine the Marines going into battle with only a Sergeant, two Corporals, and a bunch of n00b PVTs.  It's about time we got the officers in the mix, and to wait another year or whatever to see them seems foolish.

Interesting that this comes on on the heals of other FPS releases.
spon
+2|6835|San Jose, CA
I love getting points for blowing up ARTY!!!
Cactuskiller
+0|6776
Finally EA got their own stupidity. No one will play 6000hrs for an online mark of glory.

And ranks are more sensible.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6798|The planet Tophet
im downloading now it dont take as long as yeasterday
ProDicTeD
+2|6800
i personaly hated the whole idea of the new ranking system, but after playing i love it got all unlock i wanted to have (don't really care about sniper) only thing i'm worried about is that i can't get 1ste sergeant cause i skipped basic pistol combat

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2005-10-05 12:18:39)

el-muerto-negro
+0|6771
Fantastic stuff!! New weapons, New Map, new new new e.c.t lol think they have addressed some very important issues well, and the rank re-shuffle is great gives your average users so much more depth :-B plus it really winds up the ubber geeks who take it to seriously ha ha. New unlocks 5 in 1 go oooo great fun!! very impressed worth the wait i think!!
Chanquad
+-1|6780|Sweden
I love the new patch!! I gained 5 veteran combat awards in 5 rounds
McCullough
+7|6830
Love it as everyone else . I noticed it's a little little bit harder now since everybody got über weapons
saltypeanuts
+1|6775|The Valley of the Sun
I have my friends call me gunny now.  I love this patch!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6784|Jupiter
I like the rank factor, so we can tell now who has gotten the most points, like when u were a sergant and u was wondering how much the other sergant guy u were playing with had cause the point factor was so large. well now no wondering, but i am kinda upset cause i wish that the guns were still at the needed GS that they were at b4, cause i mean, now i have all of them pretty much and it is useless to even call it an unlock anymore cause every1 freaking has them, i think it is unfair for who of us work so hard to make our points and all these noobs get the guns, not fair , other wise, great job with the vehicles, i used to hear so much about BF2 that it was a "Vehicle based game", well now i think not!, haha, i like the new patch thumbs ^ on EA's part.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard