Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
ill knive u back and shot u in the face wit the pistol. people dont worry about wat others do, worry about urself and stop being so damn noisy! That is wat my mother has always told me and i know ur mom's has done the same so worry about urself and no one else and u will be fine.
Inquatitis
+1|6636
knife and pistol only servers are against EA ranked server rules.
just an fyi.
lordgrug
+0|6669
knifing is so easy, i dont see why ppl have to go on these servers to get them damn badges when u can easily get em on normal servers
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Yeah they are. The thing is, if someone goes on  pistol and knife only server to get their badges, or simply to just rack up knife and pistol kills, what is the point? Sure, they have a shiny graphic in their stats now, or an undeserved rank, but who are they really kidding? Do I seriously give a fuck about someone else? Answer: no. If someone wants to show off their ill-earned badge, (presuming I don't know it was ill earned,) I say, "Oh yeah, nice," but I saying that I'm not going to remember their fucking name, or probably even the conversation.

They're only kidding themselves if they think that I'm going to go around all day thinking "Aw man, that guy had his expert knife badge and I didn't he is so superior to me, I am scum I'm not fit to breathe the same oxygen as him..." I will maybe think about it for five seconds after the initial conversation, and now this guy is left with a useless graphic. A useless ungratifying graphic. I mean, we all here have earned a hard to earn badge. We worked hard for it; and once we got it, how did it feel in those first sweet moments, hearing the drumroll and thinking 'Finally, I can put this fucken thing behind me now.' It's an awesome feeling, and I rest easy in the fact that they will never ever get that awesome feeling and I will!

I used to care about those people in the knife and pistol only servers, but now, I realise there's no point in punishing them, or even ridiculing them. They fucked up, and pretty soon they'll realise that they've done something dumb and will know that they had no-one to blame but themselves.

... was it just me or was that starting to sound like an essay? Yeesh, I need to cut back on the old intulectual thinking.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-03-07 01:02:05)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
NoS
karma padder
+13|6625|UK

Inquatitis wrote:

just an fyi.
no one gives a toss about the rules, all anyone wants to do is fuck another player over with whatever reason they can find. it's the same all over online games, if someone can find a way to do it, they will. i play knife and pistol almost exclusivly now because after the 1.2 bullshit patch, the game has become patheticly unbalanced in countless ways. theyre the last place i actually have fun now. if dice manage to fix the fuck up of a game they have now, then i'll happily go back to playing normal servers and the odd knife and pistol when i'm bored. until then, fuck this game and it's 'rules'.

oh and for the people saying "play knife and pistol on unranked server", hah, i'll like to see you find one. the fact is no one plays them. EVER.
Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
well i'm goin wit NoS idea. NoS u have a point and man u know wat ur talkin about. Also i like to state that ppl are goin to stat padd no matter wat, to be honest that is how it is at times. People dont know it when they do but they do see its so hard for poeple to get he expert things. It will take alot of experience or they just wont care and just to see the beatuiful medal. To be honest when ppl get those awards wat do u think will happen, they probably wont use the kit b/c they figuire wats the point, i have the expert so there is no point ill just play wit a gun/kit that i feel comfortable wit. Am I right?
Rathji
+1|6681

Prince1215 wrote:

well i'm goin wit NoS idea. NoS u have a point and man u know wat ur talkin about. Also i like to state that ppl are goin to stat padd no matter wat, to be honest that is how it is at times. People dont know it when they do but they do see its so hard for poeple to get he expert things. It will take alot of experience or they just wont care and just to see the beatuiful medal. To be honest when ppl get those awards wat do u think will happen, they probably wont use the kit b/c they figuire wats the point, i have the expert so there is no point ill just play wit a gun/kit that i feel comfortable wit. Am I right?
The wonderful American education system at work.

Lets all say it together boys and girls
W-I-T-H
W-H-A-T
Y-O-U

Wait.. nevermind, you are from Jersey. That explains alot right there~
Inquatitis
+1|6636

NoS wrote:

Inquatitis wrote:

just an fyi.
no one gives a toss about the rules....
i wouldnt really say that.
EA has shut down knife and pistol only servers for breach of contract.

i dont really care.
if that is the only way you are going to get your badge, you need the help.
Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
Hey if u have a problem wit the way i type the things i say, say something now otherwise mind ur buisness. Don't be the asshole and start something. This is a topic we are discussing and u come in and start your shit. Who gave you the right to say something. Don't you see that we are talkin about pistol and knive servers, maybe think before u speak next time because your no better!

God This guy probably never got laid in his life so that is why he is like that. Maybe go to the strip club and go see some tity's and come talk to me like man!

Last edited by Prince1215 (2006-03-07 09:14:39)

bingobones
+6|6723|London, UK
i have both those expert badges but it does sound like much more fun to go into a knife and pistol server every now and then!
Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
There we go two people NoS and bingobones see why can't understand this!
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6736

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

seriously, i cannot understand why anyone cares. why care about what others do? what difference does it make if some guy is upsidedown in a boat, or on pistol only server?

why would you actually care about stuff like this instead of just playing?

i'm not flaming, just responding to "what do you think?" I have no idea why people actually care about "stat padding".

IMHO they should remove all badges, medals and ribbons from the game, and just leave the k/d accuracy and teamwork etc stats.
One reason to care is the "advanced ranks" concept.

If someone has struggled to get these two badges before 20,000 and receives the rank of First Sergeant he gains an edge in Commander elections for 30,000 points worth of play, 50% more than he already has under his belt.

If he didn't manage to get those badges, he will lose the spot to players who have them for the same amount of time. If those players got their bling fair and square, on normal servers, they deserve that edge. Otherwise they have padded to gain an advantage.

The majority of BF2 players come from various FPS titles and couldn't care less about being commander, but for someone like myself with many more hours (years) logged playing RTS and simulators that position provides the best opportunity to make myself useful for the team. This is my first online FPS, as can be seen from my lousy combat stats. (They are improving, though:))

It is just a game, sure, but any game worth playing is worth taking seriously on some level.
Hmmmm.....It takes 7 knife kills and 5 pistol kills to get the Basic Badges...which is all that is required to get the First Sergeant rank instead of the Master Sergeant.  If a person can't get 7 knife kills IAR and 5 pistol kills IAR through out 20,000 points of gameplay, they are either lazy or seriously...they really stink at the FPS portion game.

While I have never been on a K&P server, I personally think that they should be allowed.  It ain't like DICE/EA gave us a lot of gaming types here (uh...only Conquest mode) and to be frank, I wish they had Sniper only servers...and Air only servers....and Armor only servers.  DICE/EA is about to release the Armor Fury pack with Armor and Air only.  If EA is so concerned about everyone's stats, what about those who get the Armor Fury pack and only play Armor 24/7?  They get their armor and air badges faster.  Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

- Beatdown
bingobones
+6|6723|London, UK

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

DICE/EA is about to release the Armor Fury pack with Armor and Air only.  If EA is so concerned about everyone's stats, what about those who get the Armor Fury pack and only play Armor 24/7?  They get their armor and air badges faster.  Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

- Beatdown
spot on m8 - very well said
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
anybody remember AIR WARRIOR?
bandi
+0|6675
I saw a Karkand 24/7 server where using tanks/apc's was forbidden. I was wondering if that's against the rules as well (assuming it was a ranked server).
Torin
+52|6690

bandi wrote:

I saw a Karkand 24/7 server where using tanks/apc's was forbidden. I was wondering if that's against the rules as well (assuming it was a ranked server).
Yes, it is. That server, if reported, can be delisted as a ranked server.
Dr0pped
+8|6752|Ontario, Canada

Prince1215 wrote:

Have you EVER gone to school??? What the hell were you trying to say there?
Torin
+52|6690

Dr0pped wrote:

Prince1215 wrote:

Have you EVER gone to school??? What the hell were you trying to say there?
He doesn't seem to be a native english speaker. At least I'd hope not.
Mudman
+0|6718|Portugal
Until I found this post I didn't even realized there were this kind of servers. When I knew I just had to try, and I'm glad I did since I had soooo mutch fun in one
Completly diferente playing going in there, also mutch more friendly actitude from players, even enemys, like you find yourself one on one with some guy olding a knife you press 1 and both just try to stab each other without any pulling the pistol. I've seen and been in some funny duels. I also like the fact that battle tends to become mutch more inyourface.
Dr0pped
+8|6752|Ontario, Canada

Torin wrote:

He doesn't seem to be a native english speaker. At least I'd hope not.
True...he's from Jersey.....
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6759
Regardless of how long it would take to get expert knife and pistol, the new EA rules of engagement explicitly states that your server cannot limit what people can use.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6650

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

anybody remember AIR WARRIOR?
Yeah, that was a multiplayer flight sim for the Amiga, PC and Atari ST wasn't it? (26 years old)

Pretty good, was in the days where you'd dialup to a server rather than connect to the intarwebs like you kids do nowadays.

On another note...

YES!

I just got my basic knife, was on UKE server (86.53.238.39:16567, http://www.bf2-uke.co.uk) and got into two knife fights which I won, got into two fights against guys with handguns and assault rifles/carbines and still won and the rest I snuck up on and stabbed in the bum.

Was on Sharqi Peninsula.

EDIT: Funilly, I got my pistol badge very early on.. probably a couple of weeks into playing BF2.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-03-07 14:15:21)

Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
Wtf u guys got something wrong wit jersey, i mean yea i'm from Jersey but that dont mean shit grow the hell up seriously u can be from anywhere and it dont mean shit. Wat matters is wat people u gre up and the enviroment and for i grew up hard wit me being white and living around nuttin around people that they were gangstars and see my old town i grew up for 16 yrs of my life was 99% black and 1% other so dont say shit until u know the facts!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
somebody else remembers.   Air Warrior is still the best online multiplayer game iver ever played, i dont bf2 can even compare
LadySorrow
+0|6625
Actually DICE removes these servers for admin abuse...It is plain and simply stat padding. and while you may not care about cheating if you are identified in a screen shot cheating you may have all your stats wiped.

Last edited by LadySorrow (2006-03-07 16:47:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard