VicktorVauhn
+319|6397|Southern California
Just remember, If you don't get the job... your truly worthless.
God it would suck to get told your not good enough to put things in bags.

Most the stores I go to don't even have baggers anymore, you got to do that shit yourself. If any random person walking into the store can do it, I am sure you can too! Don't get nervous just be polite and and be ready to answer that "so why do you want to work here" question... they love asking that for some reason...
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6535|Sydney, in 1978

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Don't get nervous just be polite and and be ready to answer that "so why do you want to work here" question... they love asking that for some reason...
lol, i was asked that by my first employer. And i said "Because nothing out there pays this good for the lack of work" A week later i started working there...  And now 2 years on, im still working there along with another job.
So long as you stay cool and dont start talking shit about yourself, you should be good. You may even get a little test thrown in (a fairly simple combination of maths + english) There usually very easy. You shouldnt have any problems.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6397|Southern California

Mongoose wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Don't get nervous just be polite and and be ready to answer that "so why do you want to work here" question... they love asking that for some reason...
lol, i was asked that by my first employer. And i said "Because nothing out there pays this good for the lack of work" A week later i started working there...  And now 2 years on, im still working there along with another job.
So long as you stay cool and dont start talking shit about yourself, you should be good. You may even get a little test thrown in (a fairly simple combination of maths + english) There usually very easy. You shouldnt have any problems.
Its such a lame question, its usually for some shit job... and to be honest you probably don't want to work there, you just NEED to work somewhere and its the one you picked, either out of a hat or because its the lesser of evils...
Ryan
+1,230|6848|Alberta, Canada

I got the job
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York

Ryan wrote:

I got the job
have fun at Tim Horton's
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

hooray.

i have an interview on friday and i am not too confident about it.  not because i think i cant do the job, but i will be tired as fuck.  i have to work all day thursday, then take the late flight to savannah which puts me in about 1am.  get the car, drive to Hilton head, check in at the hotel.  then my interview is at 8am and its about a 30 min drive from the hotel.  so yay, i will get like 3 hours sleep max.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-09 16:38:56)

jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

hooray.

i have an interview on friday and i am not too confident about it.  not because i think i cant do the job, but i will be tired as fuck.  i have to work all day thursday, then take the late flight to savannah which puts me in about 1am.  get the car, drive to Hilton head, check in at the hotel.  then my interview is at 8am and its about a 30 min drive from the hotel.  so yay, i will get like 3 hours sleep max.
Celebrity Bodygaurd?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

hooray.

Celebrity Bodygaurd?
NetJets International.
http://www.netjetsinternational.com/default.asp
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6468|Tyne & Wear, England

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

hooray.

Celebrity Bodygaurd?
President of the United States duh.

He is qualified after all.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

hooray.

Celebrity Bodygaurd?
NetJets International.
http://www.netjetsinternational.com/default.asp
Oh, cool.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

jord wrote:

Oh, cool.
ya well we will see.

anyway, i am off.  if my plane becomes a lawn dart you can have my car jord.  sell it and get yourself something nice.  like some pear cider or whatever fruity flavored drinks you tough english lads drink.
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

Oh, cool.
ya well we will see.

anyway, i am off.  if my plane becomes a lawn dart you can have my car jord.  sell it and get yourself something nice.  like some pear cider or whatever fruity flavored drinks you tough english lads drink.
How do you know I like Pear Cider?

What do you mean off? For good, cause if you are imma trace your ip, log in to your computer and carry on your persona

wat
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6737|St. Andrews / Oslo

White-Fusion wrote:

I'm going to be starting at Lidl in November. £7:50 an hour ftw.

4th job.
heh, my old job got me £12/hour

Norway ftw.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

Oh, cool.
ya well we will see.

What do you mean off? For good, cause if you are imma trace your ip, log in to your computer and carry on your persona

wat
by off i mean flying in an airplane nub.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6737|St. Andrews / Oslo

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ya well we will see.

wat
but you're not D:
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ya well we will see.

wat
Oh, I signed up for Army course today, 14 weeks prep thing...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone

Miggle wrote:

they won't hire you.
They won't hire you either.
Don't be nervous, tell yourself- I can do it. GL
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5793|Catherine Black
Come onto the interviewer.

Male or female.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

jord wrote:

Oh, I signed up for Army course today, 14 weeks prep thing...
well, i am alive.  no pear cider for u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard