DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6196|Vancouver | Canada
Why has no one mentioned the fact that the J10 is a shit bombing platform? It feels like letting a kid with ADD who has had too much coffee take the controls.

The F35 is way easier to keep on target.
aimless
+166|6165|Texas

DefCon-17 wrote:

Why has no one mentioned the fact that the J10 is a shit bombing platform? It feels like letting a kid with ADD who has had too much coffee take the controls.

J-10 is the easiest to bomb with. The bombing HUD is right on target.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6383|California

aimless wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I think its easier to bomb with. Just the way it handles.
FinnTrek
+3|6721
I also have experienced that I can survive and get dogfight kills in F35B, if I can do the following:

1. Strato run if you are locked (works for me about 70% of the time)

2. Use the missile lock bug. I do not think that it is an advantage, it only makes possible for F35B to get a missile hit. Otherwise F35B is very underpowered plane. Usually when I used to wait the real lock the J10 and Mig29 are not hit by my missiles.

3. Learn the real fighter dogfight techniques (check the rear, use height as advantage, manouvers). F35B is good plane to use them because it reacts for them. 

4. Machine gun is precise, but I have not used it enough

Last edited by FinnTrek (2008-09-04 03:40:18)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6039|Aberdeen, Scotland

DefCon-17 wrote:

Agreed
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

aimless wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

So's the F35's, as far as I know.

I get a lot more ground and heli kills with the F35.

Although the best plane for MGing is the MEC fighter (IMO), since you get the little cross when you hit something.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6182
I love the F-35B for everything that doesn't involve trying to escape missiles.  It's very stable and not at all twitchy, just what you need for strafing & bombing.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I love the F-35B for everything that doesn't involve trying to escape missiles at low altitudes.  It's very stable and not at all twitchy, just what you need for strafing & bombing.
Fixed.
thepilot91
+64|6276|Ă…land!

FinnTrek wrote:

I also have experienced that I can survive and get dogfight kills in F35B, if I can do the following:

1. Strato run if you are locked (works for me about 70% of the time)

2. Use the missile lock bug. I do not think that it is an advantage, it only makes possible for F35B to get a missile hit. Otherwise F35B is very underpowered plane. Usually when I used to wait the real lock the J10 and Mig29 are not hit by my missiles.

3. Learn the real fighter dogfight techniques (check the rear, use height as advantage, manouvers). F35B is good plane to use them because it reacts for them. 

4. Machine gun is precise, but I have not used it enough
well said sir
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6527
Strato run is overrated if you ask me. Your going to have to be flying at a pretty high altitude for it to be of any advantage or else your going to get hit before you can get up there. If your that high up most pub enemy fighters won't be that high so you won't need it anyway. The key is to not let them lock onto you in the first place.

Edit: Sorry, my grammar is garbage right now. Feel like a dumb yoda.

Last edited by Greenspan (2008-09-06 11:40:56)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Greenspan wrote:

Strato run is overrated if you ask me. Your going to have to be flying at a pretty high altitude for it to be of any advantage or else your going to get hit before you can get up there. If your that high up most pub enemy fighters won't be that high so you won't need it anyway. The key is to not let them lock onto you in the first place.

Not if you flare properly.

I've evaded decent J10 pilots by stratorunning after he started locking on at roughly 200 feet.

..Or you can be like those moronic F35 pilots and go straight up as soon as you hear the lock-on tone.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-09-06 13:46:49)

ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6240
im better than you to fly
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6527

DefCon-17 wrote:

Greenspan wrote:

I've evaded decent J10 pilots by stratorunning after he started locking on at roughly 200 feet.

..Or you can be like those moronic F35 pilots and go straight up as soon as you hear the lock-on tone.
Meh. "I've done x" or "I've seen y" statements doesn't make something the rule and not the exception. The basic principle of stratorunning is flawed, you have to gain a lot of altitude and a lot of speed that equals time; something your not going to have against better pilots. The whole out of bounds/almost killing yourself thing just makes it just that much more silly.

I'm not saying it never works, nor am I saying it should never be used. I'm just saying it's not the end all to dog fighting.

Last edited by Greenspan (2008-09-06 15:37:11)

xXDomination
iDF!
+26|6439|California

Greenspan wrote:

The key is to not let them lock onto you in the first place.
Wow. That's brilliant. I'm surprised no one else has ever thought of that one. The fact is, no matter what you do, if you're trying to kill anything while flying a jet, you will be chanced upon from an enemy jet who has the advantage. So that statement is null and void.

Greenspan wrote:

I'm just saying it's not the end all to dog fighting.
Stratorunning isn't even dogfighting. If anything it's an admission to your defeat in a dogfight and a means to escape the dogfight or one sided engagement, hence the name, stratorunning. No one has even said they believe stratorunning is the end all means of escaping defeat. To average pilots, it's an excellent way to survive, simple as that.

ZeqTr wrote:

im better than you to fly
ZeqTr sucks!<3
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Greenspan wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Greenspan wrote:

Meh. "I've done x" or "I've seen y" statements doesn't make something the rule and not the exception. The basic principle of stratorunning is flawed, you have to gain a lot of altitude and a lot of speed that equals time; something your not going to have against better pilots. The whole out of bounds/almost killing yourself thing just makes it just that much more silly.

I'm not saying it never works, nor am I saying it should never be used. I'm just saying it's not the end all to dog fighting.
..I don't go out of bounds when I stratorun. (At least I try not to.)

But since I'm relative amateur pilot, I have zero chance against advanced J10 pilots, so stratorunning is the only thing I can really do.

(Or hit "E", lulz)
MrAnderson

DefCon-17 wrote:

advanced J10 pilots
Does such a pilot exist?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

MrAnderson wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

advanced J10 pilots
Does such a pilot exist?
Yes.

Not every BF2 pilot is an elitist tard.
MrAnderson
Lol, don't take things too seriously now...I tend the avoid the maps with J10s on anyway, Dalian, Dragon, Wake are pretty awful maps for flying imo...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Well I prefer F35s over J10s too, but I just get a little annoyed when people go around putting people down who fly J10s.

Save that for the ones who keep switching teams to stay with the J10.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6527

xXDomination wrote:

Greenspan wrote:

The key is to not let them lock onto you in the first place.
Wow. That's brilliant. I'm surprised no one else has ever thought of that one. The fact is, no matter what you do, if you're trying to kill anything while flying a jet, you will be chanced upon from an enemy jet who has the advantage. So that statement is null and void.
Nope, considering about 99% of the pilots out there pull some really stupid moves and let very basic pilots get behind them that's advice that most people should take to heart, esp in a F35. Most people would be better served practicing their situational awareness than how to stratorun.

xXDomination wrote:

Greenspan wrote:

I'm just saying it's not the end all to dog fighting.
Stratorunning isn't even dogfighting. If anything it's an admission to your defeat in a dogfight and a means to escape the dogfight or one sided engagement, hence the name, stratorunning. No one has even said they believe stratorunning is the end all means of escaping defeat. To average pilots, it's an excellent way to survive, simple as that.
So you agree? I said it's not the end all to dogfighting, and you go even further and say it's not dogfighting at all. Okay, I'll take that as a support. LOL, now your just being picky. Okay, nobody said verbatim that "STRATORUNNING IS THE ENDALL TO DOGFIGHTING", I'll give you that, but if you would have read the previous posts you'd see people seem pretty excited about stratorunning. That's the wrong approach to being sucessful in a F35.

Stratorunning can work in specific situations but they're in the minority. The fact is, no matter what you do, if you're trying to kill anything while flying a jet, you will be in a lot of situations where stratorunning won't help you.

Got the laywer on speed dial to pick apart my words some more? That'll be another $200/hr.
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6240
Im The Best Pilot Here!
CC-Marley
+407|6869

ZeqTr wrote:

Im The Best Pilot Here!
Yeah...could be.
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6240
I Am Gamehero And Domi Is My Sexy Idol <3333333333
xXDomination
iDF!
+26|6439|California

Greenspan wrote:

Nope, considering about 99% of the pilots out there pull some really stupid moves and let very basic pilots get behind them that's advice that most people should take to heart, esp in a F35. Most people would be better served practicing their situational awareness than how to stratorun.
All the situational awareness in the world will not prevent situations where you are chanced upon by an enemy pilot. It will happen no matter what. It even happens to the best pilots in the world, who possess near perfect situational awareness. While it does help, it does not and will not negate the necessity to stratorun to survive in an F35 in a lot of situations. That is my point. 

Greenspan wrote:

Okay, nobody said verbatim that "STRATORUNNING IS THE ENDALL TO DOGFIGHTING", I'll give you that, but if you would have read the previous posts you'd see people seem pretty excited about stratorunning.
Like I said, it's an excellent tactic for average pilots to survive in the F35. So of course they're excited about it, not everyone is a pro dogfighter, thus the majority rely on other methods of survival and stratorunning is one those.

Greenspan wrote:

That's the wrong approach to being sucessful in a F35.
I used that approach for a very long time and I was more successful in the F35 than 99% of pilots I came across. I understand your point, but it does not mean if someone relies on stratorunning that they cannot be successful. I suppose it depends on your definition of successful.

Greenspan wrote:

Stratorunning can work in specific situations but they're in the minority. The fact is, no matter what you do, if you're trying to kill anything while flying a jet, you will be in a lot of situations where stratorunning won't help you.
That's not true at all. From my experience, I'd say when I flew only the F35 and relied solely on stratorunning, I could get out of 90%++ of situations doing so. It's not hard to evade lock to the necessary altitude to run.

Greenspan wrote:

Got the laywer on speed dial to pick apart my words some more? That'll be another $200/hr.
Who needs a lawyer to pick apart such a flawed viewpoint =p

ZeCUTEr wrote:

I Am Gamehero And Domi Is My Sexy Idol <3333333333
You know it slut
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6182
I agree with xXDomination.  I use the stratorun a lot in the F-35B and, since I'm fairly crap at dogfighting, it is an excellent technique for pub survival.  I fly fairly carefully in the F35B in that I spend most of my time watching out for jets and trying to ghost in behind them without them noticing, gunning down choppers or bombing contested flags.  However, no matter how careful I am, I sometimes get locked by a jet.  This is very common when chasing one J-10 and the second one chances upon you.  If you want to score more than a handful of points, you have to put yourself in situations where you can/will be locked by J-10s.

I'm now pretty good at flaring as I roll the jet after hitting the apex of my loop, then looping up again for the stratorun.  I fly the F-35B the most these days, so my KDR would be through the floor without stratorunning.

I rely on it less these days than I did when I first started piling on the hours in the F-35B, but it is still vital to me because I am not very good at manoeuvring my way out of a dogfight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard