usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

some kid from europe is different from royal marines or brit troops who fought on the same battlefield with me you spoiled little college kid.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-06 00:03:45)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

usmarine wrote:

some kid from europe is different from royal marines or brit troops who fought on the same battlefield me you spoiled little college kid.
Right, because you can really tell what people are like in real life based on what they say in an internet debate forum.....

The soldier has a right to sue them for discimination, so, whats the issue again?  Oh ya, this is about the story, not about liberals.  I'm sorry Lance Corporal IdontvotebutImstillalwaysrightabouteverything.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 00:04:21)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

some kid from europe is different from royal marines or brit troops who fought on the same battlefield me you spoiled little college kid.
Right, because you can really tell what people are like in real life based on what they say in an internet debate forum.....

The soldier has a right to sue them for discimination, so, whats the issue again?  Oh ya, this is about the story, not about liberals.  I'm sorry Lance Corporal IdontvotebutImstillalwaysrightabouteverything.
i do vote.  but i have only voted in local and state issues.  you know, stuff that affects your home and taxes.  oh wait, you dont know.  mommy and daddy still take care of all that for you.
Wreckognize
+294|6483

usmarine wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Is there anything to debate about the actual story? Yes, it does sound shameless, but not particularly relevant.
there is.

should she be fired?

should the hotel be fined?  shut down?

should people refuse to stay there?

plenty of things to discuss
No.  The employees were just doing there job by following company policy.

No.  Businesses have the right to refuse service.  Not like they broke the law.

Yes.  Bout the only thing that can be done.  Yea it was a dick move, but shit happens.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i do vote.  but i have only voted in local and state issues.  you know, stuff that affects your home and taxes.  oh wait, you dont know.  mommy and daddy still take care of all that for you.
You're a great American, you know that?
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6360|Vancouver

usmarine wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Is there anything to debate about the actual story? Yes, it does sound shameless, but not particularly relevant.
there is.

should she be fired?

should the hotel be fined?  shut down?

should people refuse to stay there?

plenty of things to discuss
As Obey_m0rph3us pointed out, there is little to discuss. A thread to attack liberals, nothing more.
Wreckognize
+294|6483
Hey, if lowig wanted intelligent debate he would have left the jab at liberals out.  But it's obvious he's not looking for intelligent debate.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Lowing is as bad as the hotelier for discrimination against someone who he clearly doesn't know a thing about.

Lowing, your just as bad as they are.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
beerface702
+65|6691|las vegas
I'd burn that place down
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

usmarine wrote:

Spark wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh my.  you fucks cant just talk about the story.  i figured as much.
That's because lowing clearly didn't want to talk about the story. He wanted to talk about liberals.

If he deletes the thread and makes a new one about the story, then fine.
oh my god dude.  get over yourself.
One cannot simply un-bold Sparky

But yeah, I heard about this, fucked up. Dunno why people do things like this. Even if you take away all the bad things about simply refusing someone for what they are. From a business perspective, it's a customer.....so, why? Just why?

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-06 04:20:34)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

This was posted yesterday. It went on for a few posts, and was then deleted. If you read the Times article about it it becomes clear that it was entirely the fault of a single hotel employee. The hotel received a huge amount of angry phone calls, so much so they had to call the police.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

I think it's pretty weak putting this on liberals.
Frankly, I'm disgusted - and this is within 15 minutes driving distance of my house. I could go there personally - anyone have any messages?
edit: I hate the PC in this country...

-kon

Last edited by konfusion (2008-09-06 05:19:52)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
While the story did mention that the hotel " had some very serious issues " with local troops from a barracks nearby, it never went into detail about what that problem was.  Obviously this was the reason for the policy because at one time they welcomed soldiers.

It is easy to fly off the handle when hearing a story like this, but all the facts are not known.  Pehaps some of the blame lies with the soldiers that appearently have trashed the place before, or the commander of the barracks that doesn't control those soldiers?  Perhaps an article needs written about that.  Who knows, maybe some to the local soldiers got out of line with the clerk or staff at one point?

I am just saying all the facts are not known and the story seems incomplete to me.  I do agree that not allowing a WOUNDED soldier stay is about as low as one can go and I would fire the clerks ass because obviously someone in a full arm cast isn't there to party and carry on.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

because i dont yell at people telling them they are stupid for who they are voting for like you?  there is a lot more to voting then just the president every four years.  btw, popular vote doesnt even matter.

and what have YOU done for this country eh?

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-06 07:00:06)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
Lame.  However, what has this to do with Liberals?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
kids and their fucking labels.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
First i thought it said that the wounded soldier refused hotel room. They refused to give wounded soldier a room? Thats pathetic.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

because i dont yell at people telling them they are stupid for who they are voting for like you?  there is a lot more to voting then just the president every four years.  btw, popular vote doesnt even matter.

lol, okay marine.  Whatever dude.  If you honestly cannot see how many double standards you have, well..... idk.  You think I'm a lot dumber than I really am.  Because I'm a few years younger than you. 

Also, I'm still pretty damn young and I like military history.  I might even join the military just so people like you would shut the hell up.  Since you apparently think that being in the military automatically makes your opinion better than everyone else... why not?

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 09:09:19)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lol, okay marine.  Whatever dude.  If you honestly cannot see how many double standards you have, well..... idk.  You think I'm a lot dumber than I really am.  Because I'm a few years younger than you. 

Also, I'm still pretty damn young and I like military history.  I might even join the military just so people like you would shut the hell up.  Since you apparently think that being in the military automatically makes your opinion better than everyone else... why not?
Joining the military to prove others wrong = bad idea.
topthrill05
+125|6576|Rochester NY USA
Not that you were asking me.

I pay my taxes and work. Also I contribute to the economy simply by being in it and purchasing stuff. From there I attend school so that I can make more money and then pay even more taxes to pay your paycheck Marine.

Thanks for your service.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Poseidon wrote:

Well like you, I've been considering it for a while.  Not just to prove others wrong.  I just thought I'd mention it to marine.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

lowing wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4674411.ece

Just wanted to get this place some publicity for 2 reasons

1. So you liberals can have a choice place for you to stay at and be proud of.

2. So everyone else can make sure this place does not get ANY of your money.
Stop fucking using everything as an excuse to bitch at liberals. It's pathetic and every liberal (or not) that I know finds the actions of the employee disgusting.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Spearhead wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well like you, I've been considering it for a while.  Not just to prove others wrong.  I just thought I'd mention it to marine.
I'm just saying.

I'm either joining out of high school or college, and I'd never do it to prove myself to anybody. I'm doing it because 1) I want to serve my country and 2) It's what I want to do.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm the last person to take the side of the hotel, really. And I fucking hate the labellers here, but trying to understand from the hotels point of view. Soldiers are generally a lot "worse" at partying here than civilians. Which is why a lot of clubs/bars/pubs have a blanket ban on squaddies.

But a guy with a cast isn't likely to Naked man sandwich and piss on people

Asshole hotel and they'll be making half of what they used to.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

what double standards?  because i dont believe in voting for someone i do not agree with just for the sake of voting?  you may bee fooled into believing that crap, but i am not.

you still didnt answer my question.  besides bitch and moan on a video game forum, what have you done for our country?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard