ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
GOP @ the muffin convention.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Waiting for some mention of the illegal immigration issue.
I expect McCain to talk about that as well as healthcare tonight. I noticed both VP candidates only brushed on a couple of issues and spent most of their time propping up their running mate (and tearing down the others). Typical for a VP acceptance speech.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

I expect McCain to talk about that as well as healthcare tonight. I noticed both VP candidates only brushed on a couple of issues and spent most of their time propping up their running mate (and tearing down the others). Typical for a VP acceptance speech.
I strangely feel as though McCain is holding back on the issue to get elected, and then once in he will put troops on the border and force Congress to pass a permenate solution to the problem.

Strangely, I feel a tremor in the force, like a reverse politician is in my midst.  I haven't felt that presence since.......... yerded.
ATG
Banned

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

I strangely feel as though McCain is holding back on the issue to get elected, and then once in he will put troops on the border and force Congress to pass a permenate solution to the problem.

Strangely, I feel a tremor in the force, like a reverse politician is in my midst.  I haven't felt that presence since.......... yerded.
McCain may in fact be a reformer.

The immigration issue is complicated. I'd have a different opinion if I hadn't been running my own business for the last 11 years.

The immigration reform he was trying to push through was only really flawed if border enforcement isn't part and parcel of the deal.
Which we won't know until something is tried.

His Keating five scandal seems pretty bad.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

ATG wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The immigration issue is complicated. I'd have a different opinion if I hadn't been running my own business for the last 11 years.

The immigration reform he was trying to push through was only really flawed if border enforcement isn't part and parcel of the deal.

I don't know, I can still feel the cock in my ass after bush talked about immigration reform and school vouchers before I voted for him.

I feel so violated, do I dare trust another republican.  Dole, bush1, bush2, bush3 have all been the same liars and theives.  McCain does seem on the outs with the party though.  Limbaugh hates him, that might be a positive sign.
ATG
Banned

Lotta_Drool wrote:

ATG wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I don't know, I can still feel the cock in my ass after bush talked about immigration reform and school vouchers before I voted for him.

I feel so violated, do I dare trust another republican.  Dole, bush1, bush2, bush3 have all been the same liars and theives.  McCain does seem on the outs with the party though.  Limbaugh hates him, that might be a positive sign.
I agree. If we are going to go Left this election lets just not go too far to the left.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

ATG wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

ATG wrote:

I agree. If we are going to go Left this election lets just not go too far to the left.
I don't see O'bama putting troops on the US border unless it is to keep American citizens from escaping his leadership.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I haven't felt that presence since.......... yerded.
Found him.
https://i34.tinypic.com/11w82va.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Grayfox, just so you know there is a line and what you posted stepped over it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

How can she push forward a stance on strong family values, for the whole country, if she can't even control her 17 year old daughter?
desperate to find something you insist on hating her for are we?

The fact that the family is keeping the baby and owning up to its responsibilities is PROOF that she is strong on family values.
Hate her for it, why would I hate her for something as trivial as this? My concern is that the right wing voters may look at this in a very negative light.

And the fact that her daughter is keeping the baby is not proof of any sort of strong family values that you would expect from the right wing demography that the Palin family certainly falls under, you would agree. She may be advocating the abortion is murder ideology, but that's not a message I, nor most people, believe to be the correct stance on the matter (but abortion issues is a whole other debate I'm sure)

The family values I am talking about however have everything to do with the fact that Palin's 17 year old daughter has had pre-marital sex, at an extremely young age, without protection and has fallen pregnant, all of which certainly goes against the Evangelical practices one would expect Palin would try to be enforcing (or at least reinforcing) such as abstinence, sex education and marriage at an appropriate age, should she make it into office.

Should we give Palin a pat on the shoulder for not throwing her daughter out on the street? Sure. What mother would do such a thing, only a heartless one in my opinion. But I ask you should we also consider that she has failed as a responsible parent if her daughter has landed into such a situation? Pregnant at 17.

And yes, I have said this is a trivial issue and I expect you to say so in response, but I'll say this again, it's the exact practices you would expect from the huge Evangelic base of Republican supporters that goes directly against Mrs Palin's daughters actions. There's no way it can be turned into a positive light, simply because she is keeping the child and will be married.
I see, so everyone that has had pre-marital sex turn yourselves in, your lives are over and you have lost all self-respect and have done nothing but prove your irresponsibility and inbability to make a decision or have a future.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5979|Toronto

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Why not?
good.  i just want libs to hear "President Bush" for 4 more years.
Write in Jenna.. I'd vote for a Jenna/Palin ticket.

http://i35.tinypic.com/w2kj8i.jpg
That's a bloody nice suit.
I like pie.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

McCain is a terrible speaker
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
ATG
Banned
The protesters are fucking disrespectful idiots.
Mutantbear

ATG wrote:

that too, the constant booing just makes it feel like everyone in the room is 5
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

usmarine wrote:

but this lady was attacked for weeks by obama people
?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
As I've been saying all along... McCain will win.
ATG
Banned
He almost done.
Not a word about the border.
He seems to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mutantbear

TrollmeaT wrote:

As I've been saying all along... McCain will win.
All these republicans are interchangeable, if he gets elected hes not going to accomplish nearly as much as he says, just like Bushy
Reciprocity
It's a better speech than Palin's.
ATG
Banned

Reciprocity wrote:

But she made me horny. He is making me sleepy.
Mutantbear

ATG wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

she made me facepalm, he makes me sleepy too
Reciprocity

ATG wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

As much as I dislike her social conservatism, she does have that buttoned-down, sex animal thing going for her.  You just know she's a freak.
SoC./Omega
+122|6539|Omaha, Nebraska!

ATG wrote:

I think I saw one of them get elbowed in the face or something, LOL! Well deserved.

McCain's speech was good, but I would like a little more enthusiasm.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london
its painful to watch mccain speak.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
I fell asleep before McCain's speech...which apparentely isn't a bad thing because he would have made me if I hadn't done so myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard