Jay-Pro
+2|6147|LOST
I get sweet pings every time.. but i don't know what the problem is with my hit-reg.
This is no photoshop.

Ive try so many tweaks for my hit-reg... but i don't know what to do anymore..
Now i decided to play with default settings. I think its skill you need to hit.. because i still hit as good as when i had the tweaks.
I just use Sound tweak... that gives me the advantage i need

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/4ba6f8ce6a3e74c98db6e92a781e89e4c9c25718.png

Last edited by Jay-Pro (2008-09-03 18:15:24)

nicetie
+1|5934|Norman, OK
I've tried the HitReg Tweaker, and I feel that I can do better on default settings... although its prolly because I'm used to playing on default and I don't want to relearn the physics of the game...
Wallpaper
+303|5998|The pool

elmer_42 wrote:

hacefrio wrote:

Someone do tell me about this "sound tweak"
Well, I don't know exactly how, but you can remove all the sounds of friendlies, remove the sounds of your gun, make it easier to hear people around you, etcetera.
So you can hear footsteps?
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6224|Bloomington, Indiana
hitreg schmitreg
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6164|Dublin

hacefrio wrote:

I have seen so many videos where seemingly good players consistently mg head shots all day ( you know which vids I'm talking about; xskullx etc.)   
Then of course 50 comments contain something about great hitreg or w/e.  Are these just jealous comments? or is there a point when a hitreg actually makes a difference in skill level.

These hitreg tweaks I read about either don't work or you need to set up some laboratory experiment to note on minor differences.  Are some people just lucky when it comes to hitreg? super computers? killer network cards?

I dont think my hitreg is good.  Maybe I just suck, but the point is even with practice i'll always be bested by a players who have better "hitreg."

Is anyone here really good but still has "ok hitreg" ?

sorry if this is a covered topic, i couldnt find the search button.

Thanks
>rush., TCM, Vital have players that arnt total reg heroes.
wv12
+1|5492
youtube 'hitbox' and watch the test then the fix and watch and see and decide for yourself.. i'll just stab yo A lol. even if it is my only kill in a round.. i wont b dieing though
hacefrio
+4|6248
Hey so to revisit this topic.

So I'm  in a bunker with the L815 medic gun (or w/e) and an enemy engineer strolls into the door way I prone and pump 7 rounds into his head while he sits there NOT MOVING, all I get is grey puffs as he is left unscathed and simply kills me with one shotty.  ALL shots hit his head, ONE bullet should have killed him, he WASN'T moving...wtf?!  I thought bad hit reg only really happens when your enemy is moving not stationary.

Can someone tell me what went wrong? Are my enemies being displayed in the wrong spot or something causing me to miss?  What part of bf2 is determining this hit/miss nonsense.  What should I focus on editing or fixing?

Thanks
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
I get bad hitreg a lot of the time, and it seems everyone has awesome hitreg. Then I'll have a round where every bullet magically hits and I'll kick everyone's arse no problem.

For instance, the other day I run into a flag with 4 guys, they all shoot at me, I'm engineer and take them out one shot each, the last one was furtherest away and behind cover yet still nailed him in one shot.

Then the next round I'd round a corner and shoot someone in the face at complete point blank (as in their head took up the entire reticule) and not even an x comes up but a lot of dust, they killed me in 3 bullets 0.2 of a second later and their ping was something like 80 to my steady 47.

It's just one of those things that happen, and none of those supposed hitreg tweaks do anything. I've found aiming to where I expect to see an x as opposed to aiming with the game's graphics to what on the screen looks like should be an x can sometimes make my playing improve slightly, if that makes any sense at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard