Rathji
+1|6679
Started doing this when 1.2 came out, and whenever I saw a chopper smoking even a little bit I would unload my  pistol into it. Today it kinda peaked and I got 7 kills (4 choppers) on one map just from nailing them as they are fleeing. I love enemy pilots freaking out when they realize they were killed by a silenced pistol.

Just wondered if I am the only one who does it.
Maj.Do
+85|6747|good old CA
i unload m95 bullets into full health helis alot.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6636|Your moms bedroom
did they crash as they were fleeing???? have you ever shot a chopper with your pistol and sat inside to see how much damage it does? m-95 does awesome damage to helis though
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6730|cairns australia
i unload on anything thats moves except armour.got two chopper kills on wake last night with 1 burst from the pkm.it cant hurt you unless they can see you(or another enemy can).
cam420
+1|6646
I suggest shooting the m95 at a chopter if your well hidden because a couple days ago i was flying a chopter and a well hidden sniper almost took me out(i had 4 bars when i finalley found and killed him). I would gueess it would take 2 clips of a m95 to take out a full health attack chopter
Kolhozik
+38|6661|Phila, PA

Rathji wrote:

Started doing this when 1.2 came out, and whenever I saw a chopper smoking even a little bit I would unload my  pistol into it. Today it kinda peaked and I got 7 kills (4 choppers) on one map just from nailing them as they are fleeing. I love enemy pilots freaking out when they realize they were killed by a silenced pistol.

Just wondered if I am the only one who does it.
i think EA fucked up the code again. i noticed it too. even with UAV, i shot them down with pistol in like 5shots, but with MG or RPK it takes much more.
Rathji
+1|6679
I realize it doesn't do much damage, but 2 clips will deal enough damage to take down a chopper that is severely crippled. One of my kills today might have been him crashing since it was barely out of draw range, but I highly doubt it considering the skill of the pilot and the fact that I hit him right before I got the kill messages.

I totally agree with the M95, I take shots with that all the time. Even shot out my first pilot from a moving chopper yesterday. I prefer using the M24 in most cases though, so the pistol is my only real option since it can be fored so fast.
vassili_zaitsev
+1|6622
I'll shoot at a smoking chopper with the cheapass Chinese AT submachine gun (type 85 I think?) if I had to, you never know what will happen, they might crash or panic or something, as long as you got the last bit of damage on the chopper it counts as your kill.

Last edited by vassili_zaitsev (2006-03-06 23:11:56)

Kylau
+9|6701|Washington
I tried to spot a helicopter a few days ago but didnt get the q button pressed all the way and shot a 3round M16 burst. To my suprise about 3 seconds later I got 2 kills for it.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6651|Brisbane, Australia

hmm, interesting, so your saying, that if its the last 3 seconds before it dies, you get the kill?

What if you shoot a flaming tank with a pistol, will you have killed them? If so would it be 'Killed' or 92FS ect?
w00tson
+0|6623|Schmuckland
It must take damage from pistol to get killed by it. Armors don't take damage from guns.
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6641|Annapolis, MD
I hate it when I'm in the gunner of a transport, wasting a chopper, and you get it going down in flames, but you only get kill assists.
ComradeWho
+50|6690|Southern California
yeah i sometimes let my gun (whatever im holding) out into a burning chopper to see if i can get the kill credit, kind of evil but it's also funny.
wind_comm
+0|6657
I'll have to try it
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6746
everyone should realise in rounds, that if we all just start shooting a pesky Heli, then it will be taking loads of damage and have to skidaddly back to get repairs.
Doctuh
+6|6642
I take potshots at the glass with my sniper rifle if they are harassing our force, tends to back them off a bit from a hover.
DSRTurtle
+56|6681
Pre 1.2 I killed damaged helos several times by unloading a full magazine of what ever I had in my hand into the chopper that was smoking.  It's a good way to get a couple of quick easy kills if you can.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6671|Moscow, Russia
Man, you are not alone. I unload my pistol at bypassing helis very often. I even killed one a couple of times with it.
Fluffypanda
+0|6641|Norway
whoever damages the heli last before it either explodes or crashes gets the kill(s), so if you shoot a chopper with full health with any weapon, and it then crashes before anyone else hits it, you get the kill. At least thats how it used to be. Same goes for transports etc. As long as you can damage it, you can get a kill, even if you deal just a tiny amount of damage
Bernadictus
+1,055|6732

I get in the AA lock the target, only shoot 1 missile and watch as the pilot crashes into a hill/building/tower while trying to flee the *beep-beeeep-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* of death.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard