Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6703|Calgary
Just wondering if any of you guys are into Karate, and if so, what type and level you are at?
CommandoRog
+10|6695|USA
Not into Karate,but have been training in Jeet Kune do for about a year and a half.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6703|Calgary
Nice, that was invented by Bruce Lee, i think.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6637|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I did Judo for a while, got to Orange Belt and then i quit...
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
I prefer shooting people
The Bartenders Son
+42|6704|online
I did Tae Kwon Do for about 5 years.. I was NC state champ for 02 and Then I join the Army...

I loved it .. After that I was shiped to Korea for 3 years where I did not have time to continue my traning but it was a cool place to be.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6669| United States of America

blademaster wrote:

I prefer shooting people
Amen to that
mporlier
+42|6651|Montreal, Canada
I did Aki-Jujitsu until I torned  a menisc in a knee. I am now awaiting surgery and will get back to it ASAP

http://www.nintai.ca/en/index.htm
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6735|Belgium
Kick Boxing here..
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

I've tried out a bit of Muay Thai but that shit is too hardcore.

As for me, 2nd Black in Tae Kwon Do, stopped a year or so ago though.

And a weeksworth of systema.
BoogieDavis
+0|6654
Belts only hold your trousers up !
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

And ironically a gi has elastic pants.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6756|Houston, TX
1st degree Shaolin Do, 1st degree Tae Kwon Do, Blue Belt in Krav Maga, and a profeciency in most beginner weapons.

I'm currently looking for a Manriki chain Sensei/Sabahnihim.  If anyone knows of a master within the Houston, TX area let me know.

KJ
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6705|San Francisco
Being Italian, I'm a student of the whole Bring-a-Knife-to-a-Gunfight-Fu style.
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
Choy Lay Fut (Kung-Fu) for 8 years on and off.
Drunkaholic
+4|6736
Wado Ryu (What David Deaton teaches), and I'm a brown belt.  Self defense for me.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
kendo for me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6739|Germany

Judo since 12 years (2/3 of my life), brown belt (1.Kyu) and going to get a black one.

BoogieDavis wrote:

Belts only hold your trousers up !
These belts keep your jacket closed

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-03-15 07:12:30)

SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6825
I'm a ninja. Only on the weekend though.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

Kung Jew wrote:

1st degree Shaolin Do, 1st degree Tae Kwon Do, Blue Belt in Krav Maga, and a profeciency in most beginner weapons.

I'm currently looking for a Manriki chain Sensei/Sabahnihim.  If anyone knows of a master within the Houston, TX area let me know.

KJ
throw away the ninja chain and come to singapore I'll show you what kickboxing is all about. Muay Thai is all a man needs My friend fooling with it almost took off a testicle.

When my hand was still ok, teaching: Muay Thai, Unarmed Combat. Black belt in akdio, dabble in jujitsu, judo. Sorry but I've always thumbed my nose at Tae Kwon Do. I have never sparred or even SEEN someone who can come close to taking me down.

Kendo's cool but i'm not a very.. weapon person

Last edited by polarbearz (2006-03-15 12:14:43)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

Krav Maga is the... Israeli self defence thing isn't it?

Its a little too unrealistic IMHO, I've seen some of the videos and some trainers demonstrating to us trainers in the police academy. Too many moves, too complicated to remember, and its biggest failing is it pits strength against strength, if you're up against a 7 foot 300 pounder choking you its not really going to do anygood.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6756|Houston, TX
Polar - I've got mad respect for Mauy Thai.  You fuckers are hardcore.  I started in Shaolin Do, mostly for the animal katas/forms.  I have alot of respect for the performance aspect of the 5 animals.  My training ended with alot of grace and dexterity, but lacked in power.  Enter Tae Kwon Do.  I studied for technique and power, and once I was in a comfort zone, I began Krav Maga. (ISD)  A bit more like Hapkido with a very technical view. 

My main reason for studying martial arts is my love for weapons.  I'm taking on the short staff Nagitana right now, and dabbling abit in tri-sectional staff. (yeah my nutz hurt from the mishaps)  I've studied bo, chuks, sai, katana, escrimi, tonfa, kamas, and basic knives (butterfly, double edge, K-bar style)  I'd love to get the manriki chain under my belt, as well as the hook swords, but I lack a teacher. (sigh)

I'd like to pursue Shaolin Do Chin-Na.  "The art of seizing and grabbing"  Primary focus is disabling your oppenent by removing their natural weapons.  Alot of time is spent training on being able to lift, lock, or remove the muscles, tendons, and joints used in combat.  I'm probably gonna have to move outta this country to find a good and willing teacher.  Hopefully, I'll have earned my 4th or 5th degree in Shaolin Do by the time I'll be able to afford to move.  Maybe I'll have even tracked down a master to teach me by then.  It's a long road from here, but a worthwhile goal to me.

KJ
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

Respect then bro. I've never been much of a weapon person, nothing extremely interesting besides Sais .

Shaolin Do Chin-Na.. I do teach a bit of that as in spots to hit to cause extreme trauma, best way to fracture an arm, dislocate a joint etc etc, but in more... Realistic USes. I.e. Guy grabs the front of the shirt. Head lock from behind and stuff. Getting out is one thing, making him pay for it is another all together.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6642|Chicago, IL
2 years American Kempo, and 1 year training pancration.
ghosttigersims
+0|6837|Watauga TX
Tae Kwon Do Black Belt 1st Dan back in 1988 TX

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard