Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
I'd have McCain beat Bush in 2000 and beat Gore/Lieberman for president.  The world would be a much better place.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

Dinosaur extinction.

If that wouldn't have happened Dinosaurs would still be picking us mammals out of their teeth. Humans are a bunch of whiny pusses. This planet deserves more.
But then the dinosaurs would be driving cars powered by fossil fuels made from humans...

IT'S PEOPLE! GASOLINE IS PEOPLE!

Now to the topic: I recommend you read the book "What If?" (both volumes). It postulates what may have been the implications of pivotal moments in history going the other way.

Personally, I'd choose the Bolshevik Revolution. Squash that fucker like a bug.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-09-02 17:07:33)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6489|Connecticut
I would stop Eminem from being born. Jesse Jackson too.
Malloy must go
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6642
I'd go back to when I my parents were conceiving me and slap my dad on the ass and shout "I'm your son from the future!"

Dane Cook? Anyone?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6680|United States of America

Vilham wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I thought it was the frogs that invaded in 1066?
wow! GTFO my country! lol

Learn your history method.

That goes to anyone that didn't know of the battle of Stamford Bridge.
M3th is talking about Hastings, which is why I thought the person talking about the Norwegians was wrong, too.
Longbow
+163|6642|Odessa, Ukraine
I'd prevent Nikolai II from becoming last russian emperor. He was fine man, but weak politician.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6709|Purplicious Wisconsin
I'd give the Americans in the Revolutionary War all the modern tanks, guns, aircraft, etc. just for laughs

Last edited by War Man (2008-09-02 19:47:45)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6320|New Haven, CT
I like that idea, but applied to WWII. We could have crushed the Germans in less than a year, and then set out crushing Stalin. No Cold War means less of a MIC and greater freedom for millions in the old Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.

(Although, I recognize the inherent problem in taking the weapons from the future of something you endeavor to prevent...)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

But then the dinosaurs would be driving cars powered by fossil fuels made from humans...
Actually there has been a lot of research done for that scenario. I recommend you read this book.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5995
nothing tbh, I can't imagine living any different from now. Especially if I knew what changed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
I think I'd go and change the outcome of the American Revolution.
No good has come of it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6358|Vancouver
Bash that silly Gutenburg on the head, or maybe prevent the Battle of Talas. I'm all about illiteracy tonight!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6734|The Hague, Netherlands

Stop the assassination of Francis Ferdinand.

then WW1 wouldn't have happened (well maybe it would but hey... it's a start) and Hitler wouldn't have fought in it, so wouldn't grow hate/retardism... so WW2 the way it happened wouldn't be there too.

but you never know if you stop it some way always a big change it happens some other way.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

I would have told Leiv Eriksson (the Norwegian that discovered America before Columbus) the significance of his discovery and that it would be wise to populate it with Norwegians and keep a very strict immigrant policy
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think I'd go and change the outcome of the American Revolution.
No good has come of it.
Do you and rammunition spoon or something?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
So in summary:

Russian revolution = Bad

American Revolution = Good

Yay insults. You always start this up when you've lost an argument.
Now why don't you go for a jog?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-09-03 04:21:07)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

So in summary:

Russian revolution = Bad

The way Communism messed up most of the eastern hemisphere? Yeah I think the Russian revolution was a tad worse.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6489|Connecticut

Dilbert_X wrote:

So in summary:

Russian revolution = Bad

He didn't lose an argument you astronaut. He is just marveled by your idiocy to think that America has done nothing good to contribute to civilization. That thought process, or lack there of, is just plain fucking naive.
Malloy must go
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland
I would kill Mohammad.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I would kill Mohammad.
Never could have happened, I heard he was badass... he would have slaughtered your infidel ass and fed your insides to his camels.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I would kill Mohammad.
Never could have happened, I heard he was badass... he would have slaughtered your infidel ass and fed your insides to his camels.
So it isn't the fact that there is no such thing as time travel?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I would kill Mohammad.
Haha.

Mohammad and other prophets/preachers weren't so much the problem, it's the institutions that have organised around religions that have caused so many problems and conflicts. I think the world could do without the Church and other such religious establishments and still learn a lot and take much away from the teachings of these old-world philosophers.

My $0.02 anyway...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I would kill Mohammad.
That's only a minor detail when compared with how badly he would have beat your ass.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6387|fåking denmark

Varegg wrote:

I would have told Leiv Eriksson (the Norwegian that discovered America before Columbus) the significance of his discovery and that it would be wise to populate it with Norwegians and keep a very strict immigrant policy
I would tell whatever Danish King at the time, not to give up ruling all of Scandinavia. You would be under Danish control.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

That's only a minor detail when compared with how badly he would have beat your ass.
I thought he was peaceful and tollerant.  I would have never guessed him to be a violent man by just looking at his religion's deeds nowdays.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard