God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
It is absurd to believe Barack Obama is a Muslim, but that hasn't stopped 10% to 15% of America believing it is true

https://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/03/09/01/307-3504041.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg
7 Months pregnant?
Super Tuesday

https://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/03/09/01/687-3504039.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg
Is Bristol Palin really the mother of Trig?  Sarah Palin is 6 weeks away from giving birth here.  Bristol Palin is the girl on the right. 

I suggest you read these links.  Really interesting stuff.  If any of it is true, what does it say about McCain's judgement or Palins integrity?

Governor Palin on a flight while in labor?

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-31 14:06:32)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
I've never really understood why all of this personal dirt-dishing is done during the American presidential campaign.

They're supposed to be your politicians and your representatives; what does their personal life or beliefs have to do with their capacity to do this? Any true and worthy professional should keep these two aspects of life entirely separate and unconnected. America seems to demand a soap opera for a Presidential campaign, not a genuine political process.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
God Save the Queen
Banned

Uzique wrote:

I've never really understood why all of this personal dirt-dishing is done during the American presidential campaign.

They're supposed to be your politicians and your representatives; what does their personal life or beliefs have to do with their capacity to do this? Any true and worthy professional should keep these two aspects of life entirely separate and unconnected. America seems to demand a soap opera for a Presidential campaign, not a genuine political process.
If they can lie about this, what else are they going to lie about?

seems like common sense to me.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Uzique wrote:

we only have two parties, neither of which can genuinely claim to represent more than 20% of the population, so they resort to personal attacks to gain votes
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
lol. Busted.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

God Save the Queen wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Is it dirty and deceitful lying though? Or just trying to retain some privacy and decency? Perhaps she didn't want to disclose such personal details to the media and the voting population- after all it is quite irrelevant. Do you have to disclose how big your penis is and how much you earn a year when you vote for your political party during the elections? I don't understand the mentality of your media and how they close in on 'stories' like this... even if she did lie about it, it doesn't really say anything about her political/career integrity and her capacity to do the job well.

Everyone lies about something or other, it would be ridiculous to assume that a politician or any other high-profile professional has never told a lie about their personal life (or career for that matter). In my opinion it only reveals how weak the opposition's argument is when they try to dish dirt like this in an attempt to degrade them and their campaign's reputation. Counter them or reveal some underlying hypocrisy in their political campaign by all means... but honestly who decides whom they vote for based on whether or not they've been genuine and honest when disclosing information about something as irrelevant and pointless as religion?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
God Save the Queen
Banned

Uzique wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Is it dirty and deceitful lying though? Or just trying to retain some privacy and decency? Perhaps she didn't want to disclose such personal details to the media and the voting population- after all it is quite irrelevant. Do you have to disclose how big your penis is and how much you earn a year when you vote for your political party during the elections? I don't understand the mentality of your media and how they close in on 'stories' like this... even if she did lie about it, it doesn't really say anything about her political/career integrity and her capacity to do the job well.

Everyone lies about something or other, it would be ridiculous to assume that a politician or any other high-profile professional has never told a lie about their personal life (or career for that matter). In my opinion it only reveals how weak the opposition's argument is when they try to dish dirt like this in an attempt to degrade them and their campaign's reputation. Counter them or reveal some underlying hypocrisy in their political campaign by all means... but honestly who decides whom they vote for based on whether or not they've been genuine and honest when disclosing information about something as irrelevant and pointless as religion?
imagine what her voter base would think about her family values when she has 16 year old daughter, un wed and pregnant.   Think about it.  When politics are concerned, you deal with the lowest common denominator.

I know you are speaking about your personal views, and I agree with em, but youre not looking at how the world is.  People want to win elections and masses are idiots.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-31 11:34:56)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Uzique wrote:

I'm sure this is not unique to the US
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

jsnipy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I'm sure this is not unique to the US
we learned it from the British parliament
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

so its incest or something?  wtf?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
what if she's just a chunker?! lol
i can't imagine how she feels right now.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

what if she's just a chunker?! lol
i can't imagine how she feels right now.
Neither of them look pregnant in that photo tbh
SealXo
+309|6506
wait, what?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

"7 Months pregnant?" 404'd

Intriguing but no facts. Some women can carry a pregnancy while barely showing and labor is not dramatic for every woman, especially if she has had children prior. I think it is a stretch for story.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-08-31 11:42:53)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
To be fair of course I am talking about my own personal opinion, and I do agree that I am being a little shortsighted in how the decision-making of mass groups is made on often trivial and pointless things. I think you're wrong in how you accuse British politics in having the same amount of low-level tripe-- to be fair we have 'scandals' just as every media likes to spin, but really during election campaigns we normally focus on actual political issues moreso than how many children one of the candidates had- and their legitimacy.

I think your point about the public's view of a "pregnant 16 year old girl that is unwed" is quite alarming. I guess I underestimate the fickle bigotry of the American right-wing Christian establishment. Over here in our more comparitively secular society such a fact would not cause as much controversy or fuss. If you vote someone into office based on things like that though... best of luck to you in terms to come .
SealXo
+309|6506
oh i get it.... kinda...

thats like some desperate housewives shit right there, i think the daughter just has a belly.
God Save the Queen
Banned

jsnipy wrote:

Intriguing but no facts. Some women can carry a pregnancy while barely showing and labor is not dramatic for every woman, especially if she has had children prior. I think it is a stretch for story.
people still think Obama is muslim.
SealXo
+309|6506

jsnipy wrote:

people still think Obama is muslim.
obama traveled to pakistan in 81' with two muslim dudes. im pretty sure the ywere under whatever law where you had to be muslim to go, no? so howd he go
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

We are sorry, but the page you requested is not available.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

S.Lythberg wrote:

so much for the moral high road.

I'm gonna have to move, i can't stand our political system any more
nice doesn't win elections.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I've got your change right here.

https://i33.tinypic.com/xe282b.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Her daughter is either pregnant, or has a beer belly. I'm sure it'd be pretty easy to check records at the hospital to find out whether this is true or not. Just going on the photos I'm inclined to agree with the article.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I would say there's a significant difference between people saying Obama is Muslim out of ignorance and people saying Palin's daughter actually birthed Trig and they are covering it up. One is ignorant, one is mean.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard