Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

CapnNismo wrote:

Hmmm

That's not that bad, though. Here in Austria they pay thousands of Euros to just get a driver's license. I'd rather have my pilot's license for the same money. Fly when I can, take the train when I can't. Or use a helicopter.
I can assure you, flying costs much more than driving.

OP still hasn't told me how much all this flying is setting him back.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-29 12:44:01)

Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6641|New Hampshire, USA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

well lets do the math

Aircraft = $129/hr (fuel included)
Instructor = $56/hr
Total = $185/hr

So I have now 11.2 hrs

11.2 X 185 = $2,072

So $2,072 for just the flying, thats not icluding the ground time (just the instructor's rate X time)
So im probly somewhere around $2,500.  I do, however work at the flight school i attend as a dispatcher, so all that money is already covered

It is quite expensive though
Yuh huh

Oh and i'm flying a  PA-28 Piper Warrior III

this one to be exact:
https://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v307/122/119/521033402/n521033402_790296_5336.jpg
https://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/122/119/521033402/n521033402_781164_7019.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

'Grats man. I start lessons on WEDNESDAY!

Albeit it's mostly groundwork for the first year, but it's every day.

We fly solo in our senior year. To places like Hartford, Poughkeepsie, etc.
Really?  I sarted my lessons a month ago.  Next week we are doing cross country and i should have my license within 2 months.  Where ever you're going sounds like its gonna take forever
Yeah, they said up to 8-10 hours. We have to re-fuel at the airports and fly back and such.

I can't fucking wait. I NEED my PPL for college. I want to go to Embry-Riddle or Florida Tech and they'd put me in advanced classes if I already had my PPL.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6641|New Hampshire, USA

Poseidon wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Really?  I sarted my lessons a month ago.  Next week we are doing cross country and i should have my license within 2 months.  Where ever you're going sounds like its gonna take forever
Yeah, they said up to 8-10 hours. We have to re-fuel at the airports and fly back and such.

I can't fucking wait. I NEED my PPL for college. I want to go to Embry-Riddle or Florida Tech and they'd put me in advanced classes if I already had my PPL.
Switch to Daniel Webster College

-Cheaper than Embry Riddle
-Airport on campus
-You go to schoo with Teagle
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6480|NY

Poseidon wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Cool. Where do you fly out of in L.I... McArthur, Republic?
Benzin
+576|6008

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Hmmm

That's not that bad, though. Here in Austria they pay thousands of Euros to just get a driver's license. I'd rather have my pilot's license for the same money. Fly when I can, take the train when I can't. Or use a helicopter.
I can assure you, flying costs much more than driving.

I'm aware of that. But the bling factor is much cooler.

Speaking of which - I heard on the radio the other day that P. Diddy can't fly his private jet between NYC and LA anymore because gas prices have become too expensive. So he put out a radio message or podcast or something to the oil countries asking them to lower prices so he can fly private and not fly commercial. He's like, "Yo boy Diddy is flying commercial!!! DAT IS WHACK!"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Switch to Daniel Webster College

-Cheaper than Embry Riddle
-Airport on campus
-You go to schoo with Teagle
1) I'm paying for it and will have enough, so I don't care
2) ER has that
3) meh.

Flex wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Cool. Where do you fly out of in L.I... McArthur, Republic?
Brookhaven Calabro. No tower or anything. The CAP flies out of MacArthur.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6499|Gogledd Cymru

i g wrote:

thats not what i meant surgeons

fuckin noob
I know what you meant sir, however sir, I am not a paedophile.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

The Sheriff wrote:

i g wrote:

thats not what i meant surgeons

fuckin noob
I know what you meant sir, however sir, I am not a paedophile.
Tell that to the judge.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard