Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
So today i was on server 81.7.176.152:16567 24/7 Infantry Ranked.

I noticed, they were definately going by server name, KICKING for using Tanks, APC's, and Artillery. Now if I'm not mistaken, this is definately against the rules for EA ranked servers right?

I have 3 Xfire screenshots

1 warning me that I would be kicked if I didn't stop using armor.

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/6e8830b5d62d15954791047ec340e61be1da76f8.png

1 of their bullshit server rules

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/57850cceb0fe27c43ddd22d2f41d542381379006.png

and 1 of them kicking lamor200 for using a tank.

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/f0e1d9fc11165c7c7f169ac2cc3aa312a089329a.png

now I am right in saying this is against EA ranked server rules right? Where do I go to report this?
Masta_Daco
+39|6747|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
why if they just want to have fun without tanks why dont let them and join another server?
ZimiZuhu
+11|6670
i don't know where you should report but i agree that rules should be same at every ranked server

tanks and artys are one part of the game

Last edited by ZimiZuhu (2006-03-06 12:21:32)

oStoneRo
+9|6652
yeah no shit, sounds like a server i might want to play on every now and then, it would only make you a better rifleman... although i forgot it was ranked, maybe it shouldnt be, but hell who cares

Last edited by oStoneRo (2006-03-06 12:21:58)

Mr.CobraKai
+3|6663
The point is that all RANKED servers must abide by the same rules.  You want infantry only?  Fine, great!  That actually DOES sound fun.  Do it on an unranked server.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
that doesn't matter if its in breach of the rules. I personally don't care if they don't like tanks, i don't either (I was just using one to get proof). But I don't kick people for using tanks. And what about arty? You can't just do that on a ranked server. Its a matter of principle, and pissing me off when you kick my teammates. They kicked like 4 people. Heck, i got kicked for breaking some stupid minimum ping rule.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
I wouldn't be so pissed off if the people weren't such dicks about it. Everyone likes a good infantry match, but do it on an unranked. I don't play on unranked servers because I like to pay the game the way it was meant to be played. I don't want my commander being kicked for using artillery. Thats goes beyond ignorant.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.
EA considers it "stat padding" if they dont allow armor/artillery. so they can get their server shut down.. and for all you people that want infantry only... why dont you just play a different game? battlefield is meant to have all vehicles in warfare used.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
exactly, if we didn't have armor and arty, it would be difficult to stop certain crap, like support killing sprees.
Leonnoe1
+2|6736
According to EA's RoE it's illegal.
DrakeRide55
+5|6664

Masta_Daco wrote:

why if they just want to have fun without tanks why dont let them and join another server?
I agree with ya!  However, its sure hard to look the other way when they are being dicks!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.

Leonnoe1 wrote:

According to EA's RoE it's illegal.
yep

"Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)

* § Infantry only Servers
    * § Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
    * § Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members"

Last edited by Kamikaze17 (2006-03-06 13:56:45)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6643|Derby, England

Elamdri wrote:

that doesn't matter if its in breach of the rules. I personally don't care if they don't like tanks, i don't either (I was just using one to get proof). But I don't kick people for using tanks. And what about arty? You can't just do that on a ranked server. Its a matter of principle, and pissing me off when you kick my teammates. They kicked like 4 people. Heck, i got kicked for breaking some stupid minimum ping rule.
Easy there mowgli You forgeting the fact that this people pay for you to play on theyr server ( I know I have 3 ranked server ) Not to take sides or anything but... at least you can do is obay by theyr server rules. If you don't like  the rules fine there are over 3800 ranked servers out there im sure you will find the one will satisfy your needs.

Peace Boris
belikeron
+-1|6643
For me the REASON i got bf2 was for the entire combat spectrum, if I just wanted pure infantry id of gone AA or HL2 of Quake. So I agree that all ranked servers should all have the same rules.

When you make an all infantry server you completly negate the point of having an engineer or an Anti tank, if you cant arty there goes a reason to have spec ops to take out the arty, then its just snipers, support and medics running around, because i mean come on who plays assult =p
bingobones
+6|6735|London, UK
my opinion is..if you dont like the server...LEAVE!
DrakeRide55
+5|6664
If you want to be lame and report it like there is not 5000 other servers out there then report it to BF2RankedServers.com.  They wont do shit about it...

Drake
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6685|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
so what? blah blah blah
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica
Inf only are fun, its just hard to come by un-ranked inf servers cos all the n00bz want the pretty stats.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

badhq wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Easy there mowgli You forgeting the fact that this people pay for you to play on theyr server ( I know I have 3 ranked server ) Not to take sides or anything but... at least you can do is obay by theyr server rules. If you don't like  the rules fine there are over 3800 ranked servers out there im sure you will find the one will satisfy your needs.

Peace Boris
So you host servers that break the ROE that EA supplied for every person who pays for a ranked server?  A bit hypocritical aren't ye? 
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
same thign happened to me i posted a thread on asking how long does the ban last, vehicles were not allowed by admin for some reason, so I didnt know so i jumped into one and drove it down to the square in strike at karkland, and out of all the people the admin was there next to the sqaure and he saw me so I got booted.....
for a stupid reason.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys
Ive played on them a couple times before EA made it agenst there pathetic ROE. So what if its infantry only, its not statpadding like everyone thinks. I dont really care if everyone else has to face tanks on the ground and i dont, they always have the option to play on infantry only also. Karkand is the funnest map ever if it is solid infantry, nothing i cant stand more than a perfectly good firefight getting ruined by someone who bought the game today who comes rolling right through the middle of it and killing everyone with no skill involved.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6781
Actually, it is statpadding.  You are limiting the equiptment that everyone gets to use, and therefore you arent really any longer technically playing battlefield 2.  And if you can't deal with some first-day tank noob, then maybe you should head back to CS:S.
alpinestar
+304|6607|New York City baby.
do you know who a snitch is ?

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-15 20:49:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard