KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia

The_Guardsman wrote:

KuriVaiM (EST) wrote:

well ... russian version was relased today, international ver will be relased 5th september
Any good?
nah cant play it yet dude (starforce 5.6 protction) + my dvd broke down, still Ukrainan version will be relased on 29th and its less protected than russian version (atleast i hope so)
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
First impresions are quite positive. Weapon\armor upgrade sistem is awsm, clanwars, hard-to-find artifacts, dark nights etc make the atmosphere even more realistic (if you can say that about sci-fi game). Definitely "must have" game.
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia

Longbow wrote:

First impresions are quite positive. Weapon\armor upgrade sistem is awsm, clanwars, hard-to-find artifacts, dark nights etc make the atmosphere even more realistic (if you can say that about sci-fi game). Definitely "must have" game.
agreed, enjoying it too from today finaly
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Multiplayer any good in this? I'm considering buying it, since I loved the first one so much.
Longbow

Sydney wrote:

Multiplayer any good in this? I'm considering buying it, since I loved the first one so much.
Never bothered with Stalker's mp...I dunno.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Just read some more stuff about the game and...

OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG

I WANT THIS NOW!

Can't wait till it pops into stores here
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6745|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

Longbow wrote:

Damn you, having the game already! I have to wait another sodding week!

Tell me more, is it better than the first one?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

Longbow wrote:

what weapon and armour upgrades? i demand information and screenshots!

please
Longbow

krazed wrote:

Longbow wrote:

what weapon and armour upgrades? i demand information and screenshots!

please
Right now I havent money to buy armour and my own is already ugraded. I'll post weapon upgrade ss's soon.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
This is intresting. I've read a review for this game in PCZone and it got a good 88% and l've just read a review in PCGamer where it recieved a shocking 68%.

Talk about a big gap between the scores. Right to the chaps who have the game. Is it good?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Can you effectively sneak in this game? It pissed me so off in SoC that enemies spotted you from all distances, all times a day, and instantly recognized you and started attacking you. I remember having a mod for sneaking, but that made enemies practically blind unless you stood right in front of them.
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia

Sydney wrote:

Just read some more stuff about the game and...

OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG

I WANT THIS NOW!

Can't wait till it pops into stores here
hehee i know what u mean week to wait more for international relase

Sydney wrote:

Can you effectively sneak in this game? It pissed me so off in SoC that enemies spotted you from all distances, all times a day, and instantly recognized you and started attacking you. I remember having a mod for sneaking, but that made enemies practically blind unless you stood right in front of them.
now its diffrent, u can even talk to other stalkers to join u to help raid bandits/millitary/objectives so on ... enemy will use cover more than ever before + bleeding is pain in ass if u dont have bandages, medkits are almost useless against it if u are too low on health

Last edited by KuriVaiM (EST) (2008-08-29 12:35:55)

bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

The_Guardsman wrote:

This is intresting. I've read a review for this game in PCZone and it got a good 88% and l've just read a review in PCGamer where it recieved a shocking 68%.

Talk about a big gap between the scores. Right to the chaps who have the game. Is it good?
Firsst one got very mixed reviews as well. STALKER is a bit like marmite, except slightly more edible
what I mean is you eithe love it or hate it, no-one ever says "well its alright.."
Longbow
Sorry Krazed, I've been busy for last two days. I'll post screenshots of weapon upgrades (which I promised) when I'll be back home from work (around 18-19:00 CET)
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

looks like the developers were imprest by a lot of things in "oblivion lost" mod for the original Stalker. I cant wait for it.
Longbow
I've taken a lot of screenshots so I've loaded them up on rapidshare.
Feel free to ask me questions.

ss 1-7 - some of upgrades for AK-74

1 RPM rate increase by 15%
2 accuracy increase by 10%
3 recoil reduction, 30%
4 GL mount
5 Magazine capacity enlargement , +15 bullets
6 optical sight mount
7 rechambering from 5.45x39 into 5.56x45 (may be done only once per gun). Guns that fire .223 may also be rechambered into 5.45x39

ss 8-10 - my guns

8 AK-74; ugrades:

muzzle velocity +100%
accuracy +60%
recoil -60%, RPM rate reduced (doesnt say how much, but I think slightly)
optical sight mount

yet it is possible to add 1 or 2 upgrades.

9 MP5A2: upgrades:

magazine capacity enlargement +15 bullets (total of 45)
rechambered from 9PARA into 9x18 Makarov
handling improved by 10% (dunno what it means tbh)
recoil -30%, RPM slighly reduced
RPM increase by 15%

10 Fort-12

magazine capacity enlargement +4 (total of 16)
accuracy +40%
recoil -50%
RPM +25%
weight -20%

Shotguns, sniper rifles, LMG's have different from these upgrades.

ss 11-12 were taken to show how night was changed - it is almost impossible to operate during Clear Sky's night without good NVG. Mine are quite crappy (as you can see in ss).

ss 13 absolutely amazing sun sunlight

ss 14 flash drive with data about weapon upgrades (can be found in loot\boxes). After you complete a miniquest for it and give it for a mechanik (technitian, whatever) he will be able to perform new types of upgrades.

ss 15-16 two types of artifact\anomaly scaner. First shows up artifact on it's screen, second only shows general location. As for anomalies - they work quite same. Also these are not the only ones in the game, there are atleast two more.

ss 17-22 a few armour upgrades

17 durability increase by 50%

18 thermal and electricity protection increase, +20%

19 night vision googles

20 radioactive and chemical protection, +50%

21 artifact container (now number of artifacts that you can use is limited by number of containers that are built in your armour.

22 kevlar plates (increase bullet protection against pistol and shotgun munition)   

The key Idea with upgrades you may only upgrade your sruff to second (third) level in the upgrade tree if you already got two proper 1st (2nd) level upgrades. They should make a triangle with second or third levels of upgrade tree. So basicaly for a better upgrade you need to make two lover ones.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-08-30 08:24:46)

Jepeto87
+38|6685|Dublin
Anyone affected by this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/08 … #more-2414

Sucks but im ok!
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

Jepeto87 wrote:

Anyone affected by this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/08 … #more-2414

Sucks but im ok!
OMG thats epically stupid
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
wooo its been dispatched
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Should be out here before the weekend
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
Mines on route. Should get here a day before release according to Royal Mail. Which is fucking wanktastic!!!
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia

The_Guardsman wrote:

Mines on route. Should get here a day before release according to Royal Mail. Which is fucking wanktastic!!!
let us know alright?
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

KuriVaiM (EST) wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

let us know alright?
Yer it got here a day before the release. Gleaming. So far now to bad. I will say its bloody hard to drum up cash and bloody expensive upgrading and repairing gats! Also 1 other thing that Army outpost that was in the first one seems now to have a battalion based in the sod. I've wasted over 1200 rounds and theres still Squaddies pouring out the bugger!
Longbow

The_Guardsman wrote:

I will say its bloody hard to drum up cash and bloody expensive upgrading and repairing gats!
Search for artifacts, they are quite valuable. Enter a faction and fight for it, they pay well.

The_Guardsman wrote:

Also 1 other thing that Army outpost that was in the first one seems now to have a battalion based in the sod. I've wasted over 1200 rounds and theres still Squaddies pouring out the bugger!
You are supposed to escape from Army, not fight with it.
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
I love the game.

Altho in the kinda mini tutorial bit where you first use a scanner, I couldnt get the damn artifact out the anomaly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard