Adamvs
+3|5747|England
what does the first 2 columns mean in the multi player game selection lobby in BF2?? what does all those symbols mean in the second column?

https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/Fordnut82/bf2screenhelp.jpg

Also i noticed the other day that while i was being the commander, a exclamation mark ( ! ) appeared and flashed over one of the squad leaders, what does this mean?

thanks anyone for any help
Jono-blundo
I iz lurking j00
+2|6235|Stavanger, Norway
I think the first one has something to do about the ping, but I'm not sure what the other one is. Perhaps it has something to do with players?
The exclamation mark means that the squad leader is asking for orders.

Last edited by Jono-blundo (2008-08-27 12:05:02)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6373|uk

The first icon is the Server Load, which is usually red and doesn't really matter, and the 2nd is the Operating System of the Server. The grey box is Windows, the Pengiun is Linux, and the 64 is Linux 64 Bit.
Adamvs
+3|5747|England
Nice one, thanks. cheers for the help, ill be able to sleep tonight:)

one more little question, does the server type(64,penguin,or grey bar) affect the gameplay cos ive never noticed a difference
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6373|uk

Adamvs wrote:

one more little question, does the server type(64,penguin,or grey bar) affect the gameplay cos ive never noticed a difference
Nope, neither of the icons are very important.
DaMaster
+7|5846|USA, WV

Titch2349 wrote:

Adamvs wrote:

I though that Linux servers (64 and Penguin) cant verify client data, thus making the loading times for slower pc faster. Or im i thinking of something else?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6373|uk

DaMaster wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

Adamvs wrote:

I though that Linux servers (64 and Penguin) cant verify client data, thus making the loading times for slower pc faster. Or im i thinking of something else?
I believe that was a bug with a previous patch, but has since been fixed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard