bigsteveooooo
+1|6828|Wirral, UK
Ok, I DON'T know the actual reason,  this thread is for you to say what reason you think they have done it.

I personally think that it has been dropped... 

Ranks were set too high and unless you are hardcore playing this 6/8hrs a day, it is hard to advance.  I think that if you lower the ranks and people can get to the next one easier, it keeps them more interested in the game.  I know as soon as i got to Corporal (117hrs i think?)  I felt kinda bored of hammering the game that much and even took a full week off.  I was playing it very casual after that but not that i have more unlocks and the next rank is only around the corner.  I am much more up for playing the game again.

What is your view?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6862|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I too am mixed on the subject. On the one hand, I feel it's a jip because we put so much time into what we had and now it seems too easy, but at the same time it is a lovely and refreshing change to have the old drum roll back and lots of new guns. Amazingly enough, I still see lots of people not using upgraded guns. The saddest thing are the highly ranked players who refuse to stop noob tubing everyone. I thought EA might do something about that, but alas no. Anyway, I'm still having fun. Sorry to hear so many people have problems.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6862|Sicily, Italy
i believe DICE was smoking crak, after all the complaints they received about ranks and weapons unlock they took the easy/shortest way out and lowered the point gap between ranks which means unlocks also...wait not lowered, i meant to say droped drasticly.  it's the only feasible explanation for this barbaric act...i think it's (pulls out the BS flag) to drop the requirement as they did, they could have lowered some, now as it stands everyone will have everything, the guns, the ribbons, the patches.

before it meant something when someone had a patch/ribbon/weapon/rank, now it don't mean shit.

i was looking at the updated uabr and i fell out of my chair laughing (typo), what a crack...
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6863|Scotland!
OK, you guys really should read the 100s of topic on this.
They lowered the ranks because they believed (at first realease) that everyone would be at around 60,000 points by now.  In fact the majority are still lance/corporal.  They added this so there would be much more diversity, and to please the people that can't devote 8 hours a day gaming.
Also, the main focus of the game is to have fun, not to level up, if you want to do that.  Go play WoW.
Feydd
+0|6811
I personally think this was a horrible mistake, I was 5K pts away from staff sgt before the patch and was still debating which unlock to pick. When I was sgt I got 10K pts into that rank before I could decide which gun to unlock. Now I have every one except for the jackhammer and i'll be getting that in a week or two. Lowering the rank took alot of the fun out of making those tough decisions that could haunt you for months. All they really had to do was modify maybe the last 3 or 4 ranks by 25%, that would have been fine.
Justinian
+1|6802
Here's a theory:

They intend to add all the Commissioned Officer ranks (2nd Lieutenant, which they already added, to General) and thus lowered the NCO ranks so it would be easy to get them before passing on to CO ranks. So, my prediction is they will lower the 2nd Lieutenant requirements next patch, and add a bunch of CO ranks.
BigWhompaOne
+10|6803
Word they better do something like that or its a big FU to all the hardcore.
Divine_Madcat
+0|6802

Justinian wrote:

Here's a theory:

They intend to add all the Commissioned Officer ranks (2nd Lieutenant, which they already added, to General) and thus lowered the NCO ranks so it would be easy to get them before passing on to CO ranks. So, my prediction is they will lower the 2nd Lieutenant requirements next patch, and add a bunch of CO ranks.
Well, considering that the game already HAS all the little icons for 2nd LT up to 4-star general, i would say this was planned in a way.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6809

jesus christ, how many times do i have to explain it; its MARKETING.
The only reason anyone is in business is to make money.  With the up-coming expansion, EA/DICE is purposefully making bf2 expire early.  You don't need to be a commerce student to understand this, c'mon people.

Last edited by beeng (2005-10-05 11:38:32)

DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6816
I ain't complainin'...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6805|The Hague, Holland
Hell ill buy the expansion. Only 1 thing wories me.. If I buy the expansion. Can I still use my old account on the expansion with all its upgrades and ribbons and etc?
savu
+0|6835
ranking thing make this game unique(thats my opinion)!!but no i felt like was i playing...not for nothing but...this patch made this game a lot worse cos i wanted to earn those ranks and wepons...sucks!lowered a way too much!!!!!

Last edited by savu (2005-10-05 11:48:11)

US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6837|englewood FL.
id say u did earn it..i mean u do have almost 300 hours in the game, in my book 300 hours in a few months is pretty good!!
Crypto_420
+25|6866|Portland
I cant believe the way they dropped the points!!!   Before the Patch, the way the ranking system was set up was very real.  If you look at everyones rank in the USMC, you would find a shit load of E1 - E4.   Now with this new patch everyone is basicaly E7's and higher.

They mite as well have changed it to the US Army instead of USMC....   do to have easy it is to get promoted!!!

A total joke!!!!

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
unforgiven5150
+0|6802|Phoenix, AZ
Personally I like the fact they dropped the requirements. I was getting a bit bored of the same weapons. I live about 45-60 mins from work. I leave the house at 8am and get home during the week between 6:30 and 7pm. I'm married. I also go shooting every Saturday morning for a couple of hours. Which means I maybe get 2-3 hours of play in PER WEEK. I don't think it takes anything away from the game, personally. I do feel a bit bad for the guys that worked so hard to get the unlocks. However, it makes me laught at the stat-padders as all their BS was for nothing.

Beeng is right. Its all marketing. Lots of people on a lot of forums were complaining about it. I don't know how you guys buy games, but I generally do some research of what players think and download the demo. If I like the demo, I do more research. Word of Mouth is powerful. If people are complaining a lot about a certain thing, I would be surprised if the game company DIDN'T do anything to fix it!
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6843

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Hell ill buy the expansion. Only 1 thing wories me.. If I buy the expansion. Can I still use my old account on the expansion with all its upgrades and ribbons and etc?
I belive they stated you could but who knows what'll change by then, if not I'm definately not getting it.
Justinian
+1|6802
"Well, considering that the game already HAS all the little icons for 2nd LT up to 4-star general"

It does?
Ryan
+1,230|6866|Alberta, Canada

well i enjoy it, but i cant even get on tot he fricken game and no one is helping me!
also i gave up for a full month of bf2 because it was too hard to get to corporal, but now im half way to staff sergeant, and it wont even let me on the game!
Dark_Bass
+0|6862
I say that it's good that they droped the requirements, as things are now possable to reach. I do think, however, that they lowered the requirement too much.
Faith +1
+1|6837|Arizona
They got what they wanted.

More exposure.

End of discussion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard