VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6146
Wall of text:
So, it started long ago, when I decided to format my harddrive... I made a backup of some files, including bf2. After the format the shit didnt want to work but I was like "bah im not playing it anymore, w/e"... Some time later I decided to play some bf2 xD so in order to get it to work I reinstalled it, repatched and bam. Same shit, it would crash as soon as I clicked the join game button, so I said "screw it, maybe another format will fix it..." and I didnt play it for a looooong time.... not long ago I made another format and few days ago I felt like playing bf2 again, so yeah, I take my cds, install this shit, patch it and try to login, "Connecting to account server..." for 10 minutes... cool. I restarted my pc and woah, I was able to log in, so yeah I quickly find a server, double-click it's name and BAM, game crashes to desktop... I say "screw it again"... next day, in the morning, I login once again and try to join a server... WOAH IT WORKED, I actually played the game... anyway, I closed it and decided to wait for my friend to wake up so we can play together... and guess what, I try to join a server and BAM, game crashes to desktop... I retried it like 23948 times, reinstalled and repatched another 347387 times, read all these shitty topics about game crashing to desktop, tried to check auto-ready, tried changing my drivers to older, tried the tcpip file thingy and still ! Is there anything else I can do? Or just /wrists?

Problem explanation:
Game crashes everytime I double click the server name.
Already tried:
-pbupdates,
-installin older drivers,
-formating,
-reinstalling and repatching
-tcpip file thingy

Also the game worked once in the morning.

Last edited by VaLzbeStoNeD (2008-05-03 13:22:22)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

I wish I could help you. I had the same problem a while back. I reinstalled the game, re-patched to 1.41 and it worked. Who knows, one last re-install might do the trick.

Before you do that though, update Punkbuster.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

ebug9 wrote:

I wish I could help you. I had the same problem a while back. I reinstalled the game, re-patched to 1.41 and it worked. Who knows, one last re-install might do the trick.

Before you do that though, update Punkbuster.
Same here, a reinstall and a PB update fixed my problem.

Hey Valz, you might get more responses if you reformat that ugly hunk of text into something readable. Nobody wants to read a wall of garbage and ...'s.
VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6146
I think I found a way to fix the problem, at least in my case.
Always, at the end of the installation I was gettin some VoIP error.
My game was crashing everytime I tried to enter AUDIO options in-game and when I double-clicked a server to join.
So I went into Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents, opened the audio.con file in my profile folder, and disabled VoIP by changing the 1 to 0.
That worked for me, hope it helps someone else.

Oh, and if you're on a new-acc or after re-install, you might want to change AudioSettings.setHelpVoiceVolume to 0 aswell.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5915|CA
^Who would have guessed?  Maybe your sound card/sound card drivers are incompatible with BF2 or something, but glad to hear you got it working.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard