=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6602|England
I think ive got a virus. Kaspersky was popping up saying Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen had been detected and then quarentined from a spam email i had. Now, i use Windows Live Mail, so my emails are downloaded to my external hard drive with my documents.

Now whenever i plug in my external HDD the pc slows to an absolute halt. It is impossible to run anything. Restarting explorer.exe or starting in safe mode doesnt work.

What can i do? I need to scan the external drive, but as soon as i attach the drive, i cant open it as the pc completely freezes. Catch 22?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5949|Somewhere out in Space
Take HD to Bestbuy, ask for reformat.  That, or be extremely patient.  Besides, you should know better than to automatically have emails downloaded to drives.
Brasso
+1,549|6648

schedule a virus scan during system boot.  can kapersky do that?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6602|England

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Take HD to Bestbuy, ask for reformat.  That, or be extremely patient.  Besides, you should know better than to automatically have emails downloaded to drives.
Noooo!
Im not going to reformat a drive that has all my documents on intentionally. And even if i was, i could do it myself (why pay someone to fdisk?)

And your second statement makes no sense. So, anyone who uses Outlook or Thunderbird should know better, right?

haffeysucks wrote:

Clevar thinking...
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6371|West NY

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Noooo!
Im not going to reformat a drive that has all my documents on intentionally. And even if i was, i could do it myself (why pay someone to fdisk?)

And your second statement makes no sense. So, anyone who uses Outlook or Thunderbird should know better, right?

haffeysucks wrote:

Clevar thinking...
Clever*. I used avast's boot scan and SUPER anti spyware. Now my pc is just fine.
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6602|England
^^ Sarcasm not detected...

Will try those apps though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard