Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
lol at 4:35 with the G36e pro.

TBH dragshooting looks cool sometimes but its so unneccessary most of the time. A good sniper simply finds cover, pops his head out, shoots his oponent as fast as he can, and ducks back to cover to reload.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
you get credit for using music from the greatest van dam movie of all time... bloodsport

/win
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Acme1234
+62|6110|Melbourne, Australia

steelie34 wrote:

you get credit for using music from the greatest van dam movie of all time... bloodsport

/win
hahahaha, so true, awesome movie with lead up battle music.
Acme1234

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

lol at 4:35 with the G36e pro.

TBH dragshooting looks cool sometimes but its so unneccessary most of the time. A good sniper simply finds cover, pops his head out, shoots his oponent as fast as he can, and ducks back to cover to reload.
Yeah I could hear his 'E' bullets hitting, but they didn't do damage, except for the dust puffing off me.

Basically learning to drag shoot in pressured situations now, as a split second reaction thing. Otherwise, I'm getting good at simply hitting the head amazingly fast.

Working on a new video, probably a month or so away.
ko1obos
+1|5734|Teesside, UK
Nice vid. I'm a n00b by my own admission but it might be good just to give this a go.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng

ko1obos wrote:

Nice vid. I'm a n00b by my own admission but it might be good just to give this a go.
You will fail.
#rekt
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England

Mint Sauce wrote:

ko1obos wrote:

You will fail.
Nice boost of confidence you've given him there Mint haha
PunkHunter
+6|5757|North Carolina
Not trying to hi-jack this thread but to stay on topic and contribute to the conversation of dragging, I thought you may want to watch this video.

http://www.livefrag.com/play/First_Pers … Fioravanti
Acme1234

PunkHunter wrote:

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but to stay on topic and contribute to the conversation of dragging, I thought you may want to watch this video.

Heck, that's some real nice shooting right thar.
hintakaari
+113|5940

PunkHunter wrote:

sad attempt to make a good movie.. IT FAILS
Safrguns
+105|6132

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I've tried dragshotting, but all I always miss, even when aiming for the body. Is there a way to tell when to shoot, or do you just need to "feel" when the shot will connect?

Nice vid BTW. Fortunately I haven't made an appearance in your scope..... yet.
feel..  definitely
you simply dont have the time to cognitively verify your aim in a drag shot.
Use the Force Luke!
Fateless
+36|6243|Jennifer Connellys Pants

ko1obos wrote:

Then do so. mint's a fixture of BF2S, so just practice. the more you "have" to use dragshots, the more you'll get the knack. if need be hit them normally, and try hit the body with a dragshot as they run for cover/health.

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I've tried dragshotting, but all I always miss, even when aiming for the body. Is there a way to tell when to shoot, or do you just need to "feel" when the shot will connect?
If you see a target and you think you can hit, then shoot. Same with dragshots, move the reticule over the target and fire when it would be a hit. Practice is the key here.

Last edited by Fateless (2008-08-21 18:39:59)

SniperPoppa
+20|6154|Gisborne, Australia
Pretty impressive Mr Acme, I envy how smooth your BF2 runs though, WHERE BE THE SCOPE BUGZZZ!?

xD
Acme1234

SniperPoppa wrote:

Pretty impressive Mr Acme, I envy how smooth your BF2 runs though, WHERE BE THE SCOPE BUGZZZ!?

xD
Thats because I run fraps to record at 50fps.

SCOPE BUGZZZ. What be scope bugzz???
SniperPoppa

Acme1234 wrote:

SniperPoppa wrote:

xD
Thats because I run fraps to record at 50fps.

SCOPE BUGZZZ. What be scope bugzz???
I get datz strange feelings your PC also rips the head off mine =[

Scope bugzz is coool shiz i suggest you investigatez
Acme1234

SniperPoppa wrote:

Probably not.

It's decent PC, but getting a little old now.

Just a:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5B
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600, overclocked to 3.0Ghz
MEMORY: 4gb Corsair 667 Ram
VIDEO: eVGA 512mb 8800GT KO edition
HDD's: 2x320gb
SniperPoppa

Acme1234 wrote:

SniperPoppa wrote:

Probably not.

It's decent PC, but getting a little old now.

Just a:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5B
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600, overclocked to 3.0Ghz
MEMORY: 4gb Corsair 667 Ram
VIDEO: eVGA 512mb 8800GT KO edition
HDD's: 2x320gb
I HATE YOU

MOTHERBOARD: Homebrand, seriously.
CPU: Intel Core2Duo [email protected]
MEMORY: 1GB Filthy Generic RAM
VIDEO: ASUS 7600GT
HDD's: 2x300GB SATA
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6371|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

thraSK wrote:

With the dragshot all you do is drag the crosshairs over the targets head and click when you think their head is. I dont think there is any taking advantage of hitboxes involved, it's just another way of sniping, instead of leading your target or letting them run into the shot
There is a slight improvement in the time you are holding 'in scope'. Basically dragging stops you being stationary for so long. In terms of how the shot is taken its no more 'accurate' than any other type of shot made. Dragging is a sort of trophy for sniper types like myself. It shows that, not only have you mastered sniping accurately, but you can do it with speed and be effective at long and short range. I can't stop myself froim dragshotting in BF2, its a reaction that you build up once you've mastered the technique.

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2008-09-05 05:04:09)

RotorBlade00
+7|5702|Australia
ur good
Acme1234
Youtube muted this video due to using copyright music. So I redid it, and made it available in HD now.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-03-22 01:46:35)

hintakaari
+113|5940
................7 months, 2 weeks..................................
acefighter15
+0|5531|England
Good kills I'm tying to learn the same but just can't seem to get as good as that.

But thanks for the vid.

Ace
aLi3nZ
+138|6508|New Zealand
Its a good video, just watching it again re-edited and in HD - was interesting for a couple of the shots which I didn't see exactly how you got them. But for the rest of it seemed old because I already watched it before you re-did it twice and remembered the shots/scenes.

Would like to see some new footage.

Last edited by aLi3nZ (2009-03-24 18:41:25)

Colonel_Moe777_7
+13|5561
Nice viv really liked it ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard