T722%2% - 9
T8010%10% - 35
M1A Abrams62%62% - 220
others24%24% - 86
Total: 350
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA
back onto the tank topic...

i believe that, regardless of what tank is "better" than the other, it doesnt outpace others to the point that anybody inside will annihilate anything opposing it. the tank crew inside is what truly counts.  Although American did achieve fire superiority in Iraq, it was our tank crews and their training that won the conflict. the Iraq army made of conscripts and Syrian mercenaries, had low morale after the first thousand were destroyed. many people were citizen soldiers, being forced to fight for a cause that was unclear even to top brass.

as i begin to ramble, just get the point - its the man (or women), NOT the machine, that win wars
Longbow
+163|6800|Odessa, Ukraine
R0lyP0ly
Agree i live in fucken country that isn't even known by lots of people . But 15 years ago it was a part of great country .  Now - it sucks , because of fucken stupid goverment who doesn't understand priorityes , tryes to integrate into Europe (who doesn't need us or need as a cheap workers or market where they can sell their fucking goods) .
You dont remember any victories of my country because it wasn't in any war action since first twenty years of 18th Sentury . It became a part of Russian Empire , then , after 1917th revolution a part of USSR and one of it's republics . So Ukraine's name wasn't mentioned .
Agree , US army didn't loss Vietnam . But USSR also didn't loss Afganistan war , but even my com-patriots think we loose it . It's all because fucken politics .
So in military way that wasn't loss , but in all others - it was .

Clibby
Agree , in future wars there would be no tanks as they are now . The last stardant gun will be 150mm gun , after this - new types of tank armanent will apear .
Also the main armored vehicle in the army will be APC , which will become much stronger , carrying better armor and 50-70mm automatic gun .

R0lyP0ly
Agree with your second post , the most expensive part of every vehicle is it's crew . If u have no well-trained crew , even the most better jet\heli\tank\ship will be destroed by older one , but driven by skilled crew .

p.s. Sorry for offtopic , let's return to tanks

Last edited by Longbow (2006-03-05 17:14:16)

Possum61
+9|6902|Philly PA USA

silentsin wrote:

from what i hear, the M1A2 Abrams owns any other tank. in the gulf war M1A2s kicked the shit out of those T-72s. i believe the ratio was about 20 T-72s per one M1A2 Abrams. thats a fucking ratio for you.
Amen Bud  I was a Abrams tank commander in the Gulf WAr 1991. This game does not due the Abrams justice I know first hand  we took out many sandfleas with our machine. As well as our brothers in the choppers     
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

Drunkaholic wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Reaper.. You say, that russian technology was 20 years behind?
If Russian technology was 20 years behind, they wouldn't have the only operational anti-ballistic missle defense system and base in the world .
Fuck the commies, all they do is steal info from the Americans, and , at best, they fuck that up to...

USA all the way!!! 

From your Canadain friend!
MrBenis
+0|6833
The man with the biggest gun and the thickest skin always wins. FACT.
Longbow
Superslim
Say what russians stolen , among our weapons . Cannot ? So shut up and try to think before posting .
NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND
+6|6806
sorry got pissed off since people dont know there shit. NAm sucked. it was a junglewar.....  no country could win in that short time... but now days..... way fucking dif..... and dude im 17? dont judge...
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA
longbow, i commend your ability to take constructive criticism and agree with facts, and not be like the noobs around here that will shut their eyes and ears and say no no no im right even if the truth smacks them in the face...

a job well done, my friend
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA

Superslim wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

If Russian technology was 20 years behind, they wouldn't have the only operational anti-ballistic missle defense system and base in the world .
Fuck the commies, all they do is steal info from the Americans, and , at best, they fuck that up to...

USA all the way!!! 

superslim you do more harm than good by ignorantly yelling USA all the way. although the US is undoubtedly a world superpower, it isn't the best in all respects.

Dont get me wrong, I am a patriot and do plan to serve my country, but Im not the crazed lunatic proclaiming that his or her opinion is the truth, regardless of no factual background

I would like to remind all that it was an American pilot, Gary Powers, that was shot down in a u2 while SPYING on the RUSSIANS.

PS about that anti ballisitic missile thing, i believe American has these big metal things called umm...hmmm...what was it...oh yea, AIRPLANES!!!, that will untercept these country killers and eliminate them via Phoenix missile, etc. Might not be as refined as you think it is, but it works, and that is american patriotism at its best - taking your life to save a million others....think about it
Longbow
R0lyP0ly
thx .
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6849|Mountains of West Virginia

R0lyP0ly wrote:

. Anti war hippies protesting in front of the white house and non existent public support was what pulled our troops out of the conflict
Non existent public support.

Right.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA
although yes, it may have been an overvocalized minority, it was loud enough to pressure the white house administration to pull out. if you have true factual information, please post and enlighten us all
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6791|USA

silentsin wrote:

from what i hear, the M1A2 Abrams owns any other tank. in the gulf war M1A2s kicked the shit out of those T-72s. i believe the ratio was about 20 T-72s per one M1A2 Abrams. thats a fucking ratio for you.
yep they did those and the bradley apcs
herrr_smity
+156|6782|space command ur anus
No moder MBT can take a hit from a nother MBT. And by the way a T-72/80 is not a "Modern Tank" all it has is a big gun. that isent realy accurate.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

Longbow wrote:

Superslim
Say what russians stolen , among our weapons . Cannot ? So shut up and try to think before posting .
You want me to shut up??? My wife is from eastern europe before those fucken scum bag commie pussies invaded so don't tell me to shut up. They lie steal and cheat. Fuck'em, Patton should have cleaned them up after he greased the Nazis. Listen, the only good commie is a dead commie. They don't steal??. Get real. read up on history.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6792|Amsterdam, NY

Longbow wrote:

Superslim
how bout the atom bomb.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

USA all the way!!! 

superslim you do more harm than good by ignorantly yelling USA all the way. although the US is undoubtedly a world superpower, it isn't the best in all respects.

Dont get me wrong, I am a patriot and do plan to serve my country, but Im not the crazed lunatic proclaiming that his or her opinion is the truth, regardless of no factual background

I would like to remind all that it was an American pilot, Gary Powers, that was shot down in a u2 while SPYING on the RUSSIANS.

PS about that anti ballisitic missile thing, i believe American has these big metal things called umm...hmmm...what was it...oh yea, AIRPLANES!!!, that will untercept these country killers and eliminate them via Phoenix missile, etc. Might not be as refined as you think it is, but it works, and that is american patriotism at its best - taking your life to save a million others....think about it
Maybe yes?? Maybe not... However, I have to remind you that when ever there is a world disaster, who do they call on??? USA, where is the USA, where is the relief?? So, to that end, yes the USA is a super power but also a big brother to almost every other country on the planet. You should be proud however, it pisses me off with all the USA bashing. No one is perfect, that is a fact, and really, compared to other countries..what is really wrong with the USA???
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

SgtSlauther wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Superslim
how bout the atom bomb.
Longbow is a moron.

He should STFU and study history.

PS. Who gives a fuck about russian tanks, they are just easy targets for the Airforce.

Last edited by Superslim (2006-03-05 18:19:49)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA
I didn't say anything was wrong. Yes I love the United States, but i don't run around like a headless chicken yelling USA all the way! Big brother to many countries? Yes. perfect? No. Was I bashing the US? No.

***Did the US spy on russia to see if they were onto something we could change to suit our purposes? YES
ilyandor
+31|6842|Phoenix, AZ

Superslim wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

USA all the way!!! 

you are fuckin mistaken, my friend. russian technology own/ed/s/will own any other. the end of your sad fuckin story. READ FUCKING BOOKS, not fucking comics.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA

ilyandor wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

USA all the way!!! 

you are fuckin mistaken, my friend. russian technology own/ed/s/will own any other. the end of your sad fuckin story. READ FUCKING BOOKS, not fucking comics.
although I am not a history buff, ilyandor, i do think that american technology was superior, believing in "quality, not quantity" while Russian technological beliefs were quite the opposite
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

ilyandor wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

USA all the way!!! 

Ohh, you must be right comrad. NOT.  And what book should I read?? Alice the commie in wonderland?

Come on... what did they invent??

Lada? (high quality auto) Looks like a fiat???
space shuttle (gee looks a lot like the American version).
Computer technology (stolen from IBM in the 80's)

????? help me out????

Last edited by Superslim (2006-03-05 18:31:43)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6846|Calgary

R0lyP0ly wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Superslim wrote:

USA all the way!!! 

although I am not a history buff, ilyandor, i do think that american technology was superior, believing in "quality, not quantity" while Russian technological beliefs were quite the opposite
Kinda, but not really. They were just inferior.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6808|USA

Superslim wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Kinda, but not really. They were just inferior.
actually I am positive (and kinda, but not really conveys no message at all).  Try http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/ex … eployment/ under the "nuclear club", nuclear nations subheadings. You find that the US has 12,000 warheads, which is a lot. Then check Russia, which has 22,500 warheads. almost twice that of US. let that sink in... then tell me that Russians didnt believe in quantity.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard