Benzin
+576|6003
So in the past two weeks, the Euro has taken a hit of over 10 cents against the Dollar and the Pound over 15 pence against the Dollar.

Pretty sweet, huh???
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Oh noez
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
Dollar should have the same value as Euro cos now in EU we pay for something lets say 40€ and in the US the pay 40$ for same thing. And the Brits are in even more fucked up situation since the Pound has the biggest value.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
jord

.Sup wrote:

Dollar should have the same value as Euro cos now in EU we pay for something lets say 40€ and in the US the pay 40$ for same thing. And the Brits are in even more fucked up situation since the Pound has the biggest value.
Wut. How are we worse than the EU? Most EU countries economies have been getting worse, we managed to keep a 2% gain... Germany made a 5% fall.
Benzin
+576|6003
Yea, the Brits get their money outright stolen from them. But then again, the government has basically handed much of London over to foreigners, too and they also control the English Premier League.

But you're exactly right, Sup. I personally think all of the NATO countries should share a common currency. Would make things MUCH simpler.
jord
Simpler is boring.
.Sup
be nice

jord wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Wut. How are we worse than the EU? Most EU countries economies have been getting worse, we managed to keep a 2% gain... Germany made a 5% fall.
What I mean is prices in UK are really high. 40€ is almost 40Pounds when it comes to buying something.

CapnNismo wrote:

Yea, the Brits get their money outright stolen from them. But then again, the government has basically handed much of London over to foreigners, too and they also control the English Premier League.

But you're exactly right, Sup. I personally think all of the NATO countries should share a common currency. Would make things MUCH simpler.
Its not as bad for us that it is for the Brits. I'm mostly comparing PC component prices.

Last edited by .Sup (2008-08-18 12:17:42)

Benzin
+576|6003
Nah, when I was in London last year, I was comparing everything to Dollar and Euro prices and the premium the Brits pay just for having the Pound is rather high. I don't want to say astronomical, but it is rather ridiculous. But then, the salaries make up for it for the most part, I would imagine. But then the price of land in England ... geeze ... it's as bad as in the Netherlands, at least that's the best comparison I can think of.
jord

CapnNismo wrote:

Nah, when I was in London last year, I was comparing everything to Dollar and Euro prices and the premium the Brits pay just for having the Pound is rather high. I don't want to say astronomical, but it is rather ridiculous. But then, the salaries make up for it for the most part, I would imagine. But then the price of land in England ... geeze ... it's as bad as in the Netherlands, at least that's the best comparison I can think of.
London is one of the most expensive cities in the world.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6365|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
D&st Tbh
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5793|Catherine Black
We pay to have the privilege of the most awesome currency.

EDIT: Yeah, land in London is really expensive compared to many other cities. It's like it's just one big CBD.

Last edited by Sir Schmoopy (2008-08-18 13:03:24)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
.Sup
be nice

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

We pay to have the privilege of the most awesome currency.
Something really worth paying for that and E-penis. Amirite?
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6452|Boulder, CO

jord wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I believe it was rated the 3rd most expensive city to live in based on living costs. I believe Moscow was first, can't remember where was 2nd.

To get a clear view of UK prices you have to visit different areas, the prices up north where i am are lower than in london and probably by a fair chunk too.
cablecopulate
+449|6742|Massachusetts.

The Dollar wrote:

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Holy shit. £1 = $1.86

Wow. This has changed a lot. I wasn't really paying attention to currency rates these past few weeks. Sheesh, that's ugly.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6574|Portland, OR, USA

But the value of gold is dropping like a rock

http://goldprice.org/live-gold-price.html
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6576|USA

Zimmer wrote:

Holy shit. £1 = $1.86

Wow. This has changed a lot. I wasn't really paying attention to currency rates these past few weeks. Sheesh, that's ugly.
i'm betting (based on absolutely nothing, if you must know) that this has something to do with the falling price of oil.

also, who decides the relative worth of a given currency?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma
The Ameican export sector almost exploded due to the high demands.
I really hope the dollar goes up, my dad earns in dollars but we live in italy, and its not good
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6131|So Cal
Bwahahaha
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6747|London

Noobeater wrote:

jord wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I believe it was rated the 3rd most expensive city to live in based on living costs. I believe Moscow was first, can't remember where was 2nd.

To get a clear view of UK prices you have to visit different areas, the prices up north where i am are lower than in london and probably by a fair chunk too.
Yeah, London costs way more to live in compared to the rest of the country.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
bennisboy
+829|6651|Poundland
cool, I can cash in my dollars on pkr and make millions! Of pennies... possibly
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York
It's been rising...I've got a tracker that I look at periodically and in the past month it's risen like 6 cents. That's a lot for a short time.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6554|UK

Pricing currencies against others doesnt give you a proper view of what is going on, there are fluctuations on both sides that are caused by various reasons meaning, a loss on one isnt nescesarily a gain with another (kind of like two guys falling out a plane and one opens his shoot, hes not getting higher, just falling slower). 

Price it against gold and silver, or, atleast something that maintains it's value over a long period of time.

That said, I havent checked against precious metals etc so it may well be gaining in ''real'' terms.  I would of thought some sort of economic news in europe would have caused it.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6525|Austin, Texas

Zimmer wrote:

Holy shit. £1 = $1.86

Wow. This has changed a lot. I wasn't really paying attention to currency rates these past few weeks. Sheesh, that's ugly awesome.

Last edited by MadKatter (2008-08-18 16:42:20)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6718|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

It's been rising...I've got a tracker that I look at periodically and in the past month it's risen like 6 cents. That's a lot for a short time.
Are you willing to share?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard