ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6694
Seeing them at Reading Festval in two weeks. Tell you if their new stuff is any good.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

I heard the live version of “Cyanide” I thought the first 10 seconds sounded like earlier Metallica then it slowly sounded more and more like load/reload.

I think it's due to James voice I think he should begin drinking again so he could regain his Pre-Metallica (album idiot) vocal style years.
He blew it doing a cover in '92 and you will see he has had problems singing in every live show since.  Dont believe me, youtube.
Yeah, it's too bad really.  He can still sing the old way (on albums), just not consistantly (live).  Still, St. Anger wasn't AWFUL.  "St. Anger" is a decent song.  "Shoot me Again"  is pretty badass.

I have alot of hope for this album actually.
Defiance
+438|6663

S&M, and only because of the symphony, was massive epic. Otherwise I never paid much attention to Metallica or the genre in general.

Edit: Ok, Orion was pretty good too.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-08-14 23:31:52)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
RANT START:These guys betrayed their original fans & sold out more than any other group I have ever seen. Before they sold out they were touting that all their future concerts would be free, that they had made enough money & just wanted to please the fans now who gave them everything they ever wanted. Then came the hair cuts & the "shit rock". These guys disgust me on every level, they don't even know how to make metal anymore whilst many progressive metal bands rise without all the hype.

They /fail & will continue to do so, rant over!

Oh yeah fuck metallica! My dead buddy is rolling over in his grave thanks to you fuckers!

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2008-08-15 00:18:03)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space

TrollmeaT wrote:

RANT START:These guys betrayed their original fans & sold out more than any other group I have ever seen. Before they sold out they were touting that all their future concerts would be free, that they had made enough money & just wanted to please the fans now who gave them everything they ever wanted. Then came the hair cuts & the "shit rock". These guys disgust me on every level, they don't even know how to make metal anymore whilst many progressive metal bands rise without all the hype.

Oh yeah fuck metallica! My dead buddy is rolling over in his grave thanks to you fuckers!
Notice how selling out coincides with Bob Rock managing them, and he is no longer there.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Notice how selling out coincides with Bob Rock managing them, and he is no longer there.
"selling out" is such a hollow label.   Pretty much ANY band that is famous has "sold out"  As any even remotely famous band has agreed to MAKE MONEY off thier music.

AS For Metallica.  Figurines, Guitar Hero, Lunch Boxes,  and other trinkets are a bit much and should have thier own little look of shame, but thier hair cuts and "Shit rock" holds no water.  It would be MORE shameful if a band defined itself with thier Hair (SEE: 1980's GLAM bands.).  For "shit rock"  it can be attributed to aging, changing thier OWN desire of what to play, and I'm pretty sure they are not perfect, musical super geniuses.

EVERY Legendary band has thier Hits and Misses.   PLus, while you may think the newer albums blow, Sales show alot of people like the newer stuff.

Opinions of course.  This is just mine as well.   To to argue an opinion, "Sellout"  is such a flaccid wepaon to use in any musical debate.

I now send you to the song "Hooker with a Penis" By Tool, to give you an idea about selling out.  Just read the lyrics, you'll get what i'm saying.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-08-15 11:53:56)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

RoosterCantrell wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

"selling out" is such a hollow label.   Pretty much ANY band that is famous has "sold out"  As any even remotely famous band has agreed to MAKE MONEY off thier music.

AS For Metallica.  Figurines, Guitar Hero, Lunch Boxes,  and other trinkets are a bit much and should have thier own little look of shame, but thier hair cuts and "Shit rock" holds no water.  It would be MORE shameful if a band defined itself with thier Hair (SEE: 1980's GLAM bands.).  For "shit rock"  it can be attributed to aging, changing thier OWN desire of what to play, and I'm pretty sure they are not perfect, musical super geniuses.

EVERY Legendary band has thier Hits and Misses.   PLus, while you may think the newer albums blow, Sales show alot of people like the newer stuff.

Opinions of course.  This is just mine as well.   To to argue an opinion, "Sellout"  is such a flaccid wepaon to use in any musical debate.

I now send you to the song "Hooker with a Penis" By Tool, to give you an idea about selling out.  Just read the lyrics, you'll get what i'm saying.
I tried that arguement, but the kids are too stubborn and it's just easier to blame it on Bob Rock, but at least i'd still be right.

And in case anyone pulls the megadeth card: Risk.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

And as I was looking for other videos by Metallica, of course, I got Rick Rolled
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

I tried that arguement, but the kids are too stubborn and it's just easier to blame it on Bob Rock, but at least i'd still be right.

And in case anyone pulls the megadeth card: Risk.
So you actually like their music after the black album?!, yeah they have a whole new fan base to sell the albums too, they abandon their OG fans after lying to them. They could be making good metal but they make this main steam crap now imo, they forgot who they were & how they got to the top. When asked by thier old fans why they sold out, they replied, "yeah we sold out, every show...." followed by the finger for the old fans.
Fuck them.
Dookie0119
+43|5770
I'm looking more forward to Slipknot: All Hope is Gone tbh.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
Fuck yeah, I'll buy it. First album I will have bought in like 8 years!
ReTox
+100|6491|State of RETOXification
Metallica /w Cliff > Anything since

I won't spend another cent on metal-"napster bad"-lica.  Never got any better than Ride... even justice or the black album wasn't as good.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Dookie0119 wrote:

Shirley you can't be serious?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.

ReTox wrote:

Metallica /w Cliff > Anything since

I won't spend another cent on metal-"napster bad"-lica.  Never got any better than Ride... even justice or the black album wasn't as good.
AJFA was quite good.

Blackened ftw!

Last edited by Sydney (2008-08-19 06:07:05)

Dookie0119
+43|5770

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Dookie0119 wrote:

Shirley you can't be serious?
I pre - ordered both. I liturally can't wait till they arrive.

Last edited by Dookie0119 (2008-08-19 06:10:25)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
Yeah, their old stuff > their new stuff. Although I saw them in June 06, the anniversary of Master of Puppets ... of course they played teh whole album and a bit more, it was brilliant
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6346|West NY
I just got 2 bumper stickers with my order from hot topic of this album
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

so yeah, the album is available all over the internet.

Anyone have it? What do you think?

I'm loving it. Especially The End of the Line

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-09-09 14:02:54)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5747

Jenspm wrote:

I'm loving it.
Downloaded it about 4 days ago, It's actually pretty good.
Much better than Load, Reload, and St. Anger combined.

It has the speed and solos of Master of puppets with the vocal style of their self titled release.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6737|Houston, TX
I like it. I agree with rooster,  I miss the pre '92 voice of James.  Raspy long notes...  Ahhh the days of Pre T.B.A. (The Black Album)

Brings me back.

KJ
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Jenspm wrote:

Enjoying your creeping death cop-off verse lol?
Christbane
+51|6227
I didnt like the first single at all.  but then last week I listened to a live braodcast with Dave from the Foo Fighters interviewing them and playing songs off the new CD  I have to admit I liked the 5 or so songs I heard.  I doubt I will buy it. but I will pick the songs I like ( if it's available through my music subscription) and put them on my sansa.
Ryan

I better get my butt in gear and download it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/3fce97f19447d0a2e0c3b7468b7c7ca1-1.png

*goes to download Death Magnetic after the good reviews though*
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ryan

I'm on the third song and it's totally astonishing. Epic to say the least.

Jenspm wrote:

Good song.

The Unforgiven III is... different.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-09-09 18:58:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard