Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

ATG wrote:

If fox is so biased, why did they the ladies 30 seconds to say whatever they wanted?
You can say very little in 30 seconds, could you imagine a debating competition where competitors had to fire in 30 second bursts? What this 30 seconds did was give the illusion of balanced reporting. We'll never know how it might have played out if it were earlier in the show but FOX have been known to cut mics in the past, that much is true.

ATG wrote:

The numbskulls broads wasted 5-10 of those 30 seconds looking at the camera with slack jaws and hints of droll coming from their mouths.
I had presumed that was because of a time delay, there were signs of this earlier in the interview when they were walking on each others words. I didn't notice any drool to be honest, just the hint of a few tears in the eyes of the women whose hometown had been destroyed.

ATG wrote:

This is obviously started by the Georgians, and they are stupid assholes for doing it and thinking we would go to war with Russia over it.
Agreed.

ATG wrote:

Before we try and remove the splinter from Russias eye we need to remove the tree from our own.
Agreed.

ATG wrote:

Unless the expectation is for Russia to bow like dogs when we bomb their former states ( Kosovo ) and deploy " missile shields " in their backyards then the world better prepare for major shit in the Balkans.
Agreed.

ATG wrote:

We act like we can do whatever the hell we feel like. We have been pushy, condescending and belligerent. If I hear one more American politician describe us as the sole super power I will go insane.
Agreed. It's a bit like going around saying you're King of the Tinkers - some people view this as an open challenge!

ATG wrote:

We still have MAD, what the fuck do we care what Russia does to Russians? Georgians were Russian up until a few years ago, were they not?
Well if they're randomly persecuting former Russian states then fair enough people should be asking questions and getting annoyed but what's happening in Georgia is not an unprovoked attack.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5991|Truthistan

Braddock wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Braddock wrote:

That doesn't really answer the question though, does it? I was asking who they are blaming for the starting of the conflict.
What I've seen is that some sources blame the Russians while others remain mostly neutral.
Do these sources make any reference to the fact that Georgia supposedly opened the conflict with their attempt to reclaim South Ossetia? I have also heard that Ballsackashvili had been making light of his intention to re-invade South Ossetia prior to the assault.
Here are a few of the newspapers I visit to get news. I don't think I depend on Fox LOL

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/
http://www.atimes.com/
http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/

The Asia times "attimes" website has a lot of info on the conflict and discusses the issues, its interesting.

Anyway, when somthing like this happens and I am interested in knowing about it, its good to go to different sources around the world and to get teh news early, because the early reports often have the most facts in them and come out before the spin doctors get a chance to wash the story.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland
So why did Russia have troops in other countries and have them lined up on Georgia's border again?  Why were they lobbing bombs into Georgia periodically and flying jets over their territory?

Same fucking Russia, sticking their dick into other countries bussiness just to create a reason to expand the empire.  Europe will play rope a dope with Russia until it owns them again.
SealXo
+309|6533
FOX news isnt so innocent because the Georgians shot at their reporter.
They're bastards that shoot journalists

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-17 13:02:57)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

So why did Russia have troops in other countries and have them lined up on Georgia's border again?  Why were they lobbing bombs into Georgia periodically and flying jets over their territory?
They've had people both on standby for trouble in the region and stationed within the region since the civil war in the nineties, this is not new news. As regards the air strikes, fair enough they can justify them no more than the US can justify their air strikes within Somalia.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Same fucking America, sticking their dick into other countries business just to create a reason to expand the empire.  Europe will play rope a dope with America until it owns them again.
Fixed...see what I did there!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

I'll have to side with Fox on this one. The point of the interview was to get a perspective from the little girl, not to let the aunt start rambling off and playing the blame game. Save that for another interview.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

I'll have to side with Fox on this one. The point of the interview was to get a perspective from the little girl, not to let the aunt start rambling off and playing the blame game. Save that for another interview.
So she isn't allowed to speak up? Sounds like lack of democracy in FOX studios.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Are people really this naive when it comes to how a schedule is kept? If they were trying to dump the lady they wouldn't have had her back on after the break. If that's not good enough tough cheese. Her view was obviously made. If it wasn't made clear and people didn't understand the point she was trying to get across this topic would not exist. It is not practical to rearrange an entire broadcast to revolve around one persons agenda.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

Kmarion wrote:

Are people really this naive when it comes to how a schedule is kept? If they were trying to dump the lady they wouldn't have had her back on after the break. If that's not good enough tough cheese. Her view was obviously made. If it wasn't made clear and people didn't understand the point she was trying to get across this topic would not exist. It is not practical to rearrange an entire broadcast to revolve around one persons agenda.
They started interrupting her after she started talking in favor of the Russians. Before that there were no interruptions.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6596|S.C.
I've seen Fox news cut people off before (pretend to lose the feed etc). This was different in that they allowed her to stay on the air, and I am sure if they really wanted to do an anti-Russia piece they wouldn't have been so clumsy to put South Ossetians on the air. lol This was more of an attempt at a shock/emotional flannel segment.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
Didn't we go through something like this in 1924?

I don't recall the United States getting our panties in a wad, 'course, I wasn't born yet, but...y'know.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6488|Menlo Park, CA

mtb0minime wrote:

Exactly the aunt obviously has an agenda here. . . .

This confict has been going on for almost twenty years and has finally boiled over.  I am guessing both sides have perpetrated crimes, but last time I checked Georgia didnt enter into Russian territory.  Georgia entered its own territory to fight rebels, and the Russians decided to interviene. 

Russia has sent its troops deep into Georgia under the guise its saving "Russian Peacekeepers/citizens" cmon, what a load of crap! They want to test the west ESPECIALLY the EU/US and see who has the balls to stand up against them. . . .  PERIOD!  They know they can put the US in a delecate situation and they also know the EU is filled with a bunch of empty suits.  So far, Russia is winning. . . .
Vax
+42|5849|Flyover country

.Sup wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They started interrupting her after she started talking in favor of the Russians. Before that there were no interruptions.
The young girl made the point clear before the aunt even starts to talk. She explained that they were attacked by Georgian troops, and thanked Russian troops, saying they had helped, no interruptions. 

--as has been mentioned, if Fox was trying so hard to push an agenda, none of this would have aired.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

.Sup wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The little girl said pretty much the same thing before that without interruption. Time ran out. Again, why return back to the lady once she had made her agenda clear? Of course Fox news has a spin. But this wasn't nearly as blunt as some of their other reporting.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6488|Menlo Park, CA

ATG wrote:

Didn't we go through something like this in 1924?

I don't recall the United States getting our panties in a wad, 'course, I wasn't born yet, but...y'know.
Wow thats crazy!! This shit between Georgia and Russia has been going on for YEARS!!!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
I have said from the start that we should stay out of this, georgia made their bed , now let them sleep in it.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No I'm not claiming that they're making anything up. Hence, no claims in my post of that. Not sure why you would ask it, if I didn't even imply it.
It was just that you stressed the fact that they were South Ossetians as though that in some way detracted from the truth of what they were saying about what happened to them.
Not in any way. The comment was more to the context of the interview and your implication of Fox giving them the bum's rush.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

It doesn't have to be as black and white as that, I'm not claiming there is some sort of strange company out there that simply hates Russia and advertises this fact on FOX. As an example imagine a large oil company advertises on a news station and the oil company has ties to a lobby group pushing for conflict in a region that will result in oil prices being driven up, this alone could provide reason enough for the station to favour news stories that lean towards and advocate conflict in this region (possibly painting one side out to be the bad guys on a continual basis).
Go see Dilbert. He's got a tinfoil hat you can borrow.
So would FOX run a story about Rupert Murdoch if he were involved in some form of illegal or immoral activity? Don't be naive FEOS, recognising that the almighty dollar trumps all in most big industries does not equate to conspiracy theorising. Big business looks out for those that pay.
I'm not being naive. The conspiracy theory crap comes into play when you imply that oil companies are in league with news outlets to instigate a war they are paying politicians to start so that oil prices can go up and make them more money.

The news outlet not running a story on their boss's illegal activities is a far cry from the scenario you offered up. That scenario is what drove the tinfoil hat quip.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Go see Dilbert. He's got a tinfoil hat you can borrow.
So would FOX run a story about Rupert Murdoch if he were involved in some form of illegal or immoral activity? Don't be naive FEOS, recognising that the almighty dollar trumps all in most big industries does not equate to conspiracy theorising. Big business looks out for those that pay.
I'm not being naive. The conspiracy theory crap comes into play when you imply that oil companies are in league with news outlets to instigate a war they are paying politicians to start so that oil prices can go up and make them more money.

The news outlet not running a story on their boss's illegal activities is a far cry from the scenario you offered up. That scenario is what drove the tinfoil hat quip.
I didn't go as far as you are implying, news stations don't really have the power of launching wars anyhow, they can only create a climate where the people can become accustomed to the idea of war. The big companies would need to have several Government figures in their pocket for the conspiracy theory to have any ground...a big company like Haliburton for example.

Don't worry FEOS I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just know that money talks and bullshit walks.
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Like I said...go see Dilbert. He's got a tinfoil hat for you.
― Albert Einstein

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Like I said...go see Dilbert. He's got a tinfoil hat for you.
It's okay, my hats are usually conical with large D's daubed on the side!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Either that interviewer is an amateur or they deliberate tried to put them off.

When ppl get interviewed here they don't get interrupted every 5 seconds to remind them that they have 30 seconds left. Its rounded up quickly in the last 5 seconds.
Maybe that's US interviewing techniques. If Paxman or Bowan did that type of interview here they would be lambasted in the press themselves. I don't know, maybe that's how you do it across the pond. If so, its piss poor.
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Or the interviewer was trying to get the woman to wrap up her incoherent rant. Someone rambling on without actually making a point doesn't work well on an interview show.
― Albert Einstein

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

JahManRed wrote:

Either that interviewer is an amateur or they deliberate tried to put them off.

When ppl get interviewed here they don't get interrupted every 5 seconds to remind them that they have 30 seconds left. Its rounded up quickly in the last 5 seconds.
Maybe that's US interviewing techniques. If Paxman or Bowan did that type of interview here they would be lambasted in the press themselves. I don't know, maybe that's how you do it across the pond. If so, its piss poor.
I made that point also but I guess that's the way it's done in the States because not one American here thought it was shoddy, unfair interviewing.

He should have played the Countdown music while he was at it!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

FEOS wrote:

Or the interviewer was trying to get the woman to wrap up her incoherent rant. Someone rambling on without actually making a point doesn't work well on an interview show.
She was trying to get her point across yes while being interrupted every 5 seconds. Is getting your point across not what being interviewed is about? It sounded incoherent because she was being talked over. Try being interviewed in front of millions live while the interviewer talks over the top of you and see how you do before judging.
Either way, as I said, piss poor interviewing. Wouldn't see it on any UK news channels. Maybe that's they way it is the the US.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard