sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)
Expect the nukes to hit on Tuesday then...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
Maybe georgia will consult us next time they are looking to expand.
latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6649|west liberty IA
Russia will stay saying that they are looking for terrorist and stay there for a couple of years later finding out that the terrorist they were looking for went to some other country nearby maybe they can try Azerbaijan<=====sarcasm. This can turn ugly if people/countries are lying.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ok, I laughed.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
I believe they call this invadus interruptus.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

sergeriver wrote:

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said forces will begin withdrawing from Georgia on Monday.

Or today for them.  Almost as fast as the US from Iraq.
Because the two situations are exactly alike.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said forces will begin withdrawing from Georgia on Monday.

Or today for them.  Almost as fast as the US from Iraq.
Because the two situations are exactly alike.
No, you are right.  This is happening next to Russia, and Iraq is thousands of miles away from the US.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6535|Texas - Bigger than France
What's this got to do with Iraq again?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
They're still going to be in South Ossetia, Georgia will never step foot in that region again. Expect SO to either be an independent country or that Russia will "generiously urge" that SO join with North Ossetia to "secure their region from external threats"

I can see it all now. I could see it as soon as they went in. They're not going to do all of this out of "goodwill", nobody does that. Everyone does something for something, especially the Russians

Not that I'm complaining that much, Georgia had it coming and I ain't that annoyed as it's not like we've been dragged into this

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-18 06:59:55)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

Pug wrote:

It's quite ironic how GWB asked Russia to leave Georgia, and the US has been occupying Iraq for more than 5 years.  But the Russians are the real menace.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6725|St. Andrews / Oslo

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lol.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

It's quite ironic how GWB asked Russia to leave Georgia, and the US has been occupying Iraq for more than 5 years.  But the Russians are the real menace.
never pass up an opportunity to convolute your point or repost the same topic

question for you - does russia care we are in iraq?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
But Georgia just got smaller. What exactly is their soil now?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

never pass up an opportunity to convolute your point or repost the same topic

question for you - does russia care we are in iraq?
I'm sure they don't give a flying fuck but they must act like they did.
Pug
well then it isn't as ironic as you think

myself, i could care less about russia & georgia.  russia and somewhere's else...well...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire
And the moral of today's story...don't go invading regions that want nothing to do with you when a superpower has their back.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6160

Braddock wrote:

And the moral of today's story...don't go invading regions that want nothing to do with you when a superpower has their back.
Like the US would do shit if Russia took control over Georgia.

Bush would probably say: "Hey guys, give the land back, its not cool.", but no real action whatsoever.
Turquoise
O Canada

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Bush would probably say: "Hey guys, give the land back, its not cool.", but no real action whatsoever.
I think he was referring to Georgia attacking the separatists.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6160

Turquoise wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I think he was referring to Georgia attacking the separatists.
Oh snap.  I thought it was Russia invading Georgia.  Oh well.
Turquoise
O Canada
Yeah, it confused me at first too.  I think he was hinting at Russia being the superpower.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

sergeriver wrote:

No, you are right.  This is happening next to Russia, and Iraq is thousands of miles away from the US.
That, and the fact that the Georgian government is still in place, Russia isn't occupying the entire country, Saakashvili isn't hanging from the end of a rope, etc.

It's a hell of a lot easier to pull out if you're not having to occupy the entire country and re-establish governance and whatnot. Little differences like that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That, and the fact that the Georgian government is still in place, Russia isn't occupying the entire country, Saakashvili isn't hanging from the end of a rope, etc.

It's a hell of a lot easier to pull out if you're not having to occupy the entire country and re-establish governance and whatnot. Little differences like that.
Wasn't there a government in Iraq that the US used to support in the past?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Wasn't there a government in Iraq that the US used to support in the past?
Things change. Britain isn't an enemy of the United States anymore also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard