Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6814|United Kingdom
great work chuy, im happy whenever i get an update,
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Tweaky wrote:

Make subscribers/donatees have access to faster updates
Not allowed. Part of the EULA for the new feeds: can't offer premium services using their data. That would have been the original plan, however.

polarbearz wrote:

Its not fair how chuy is so smart. I want to be as smart too.
:p

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

chuy, how many requests for a player do you get on average? Or rather/and what is the rough limit on how many requests per second you are allowed to query?
Regardless of requests, a player can only be placed in queue 4 hours after their last update, and then they can only be in the queue once. The limit of the queries per second I can hit has, thus far, been ten.

However, that was only running 3 threads of my query engine (one thread == one update at a time). Right now I am running 10 threads, but because I have the "get global ranking" code turned on, it causes the queries to slow down A LOT (nearly 60 seconds per update) -- thus I only get about 1.5 queries per second.

I'm very seriously considering disabling the Global Ranking data -- if I did that I could probably drop the update time down to 2 hours AND i could make leaderboards and sig files cause stat updates. (Right now, only going to your profile page actually place you in the queue.)
tcb263
+0|6770
i'd say drop the ranking data, i really don't care how i compare with everyone, and everyone means everyone, stat padders included, so the rankings dont mean anything anyway.  i care much more about the other stats and how i compare with the people i play with.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England

chuyskywalker wrote:

I'm very seriously considering disabling the Global Ranking data -- if I did that I could probably drop the update time down to 2 hours AND i could make leaderboards and sig files cause stat updates. (Right now, only going to your profile page actually place you in the queue.)
YES ...Do it!!!
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
I'd say drop the global ranking data, it's kinda cool since BFHQ doesn't show what global place you are in for like, say a Best Round Score, but most of the time its only useful for the very top players, because most people are in like a 200,000th place and stuff, so yeah. And the useful info can be found in BFHQ, as far as your best kit ranking and stuff (Most I ever care about is my Global Ranking for the Medic class for instance).
pocketjazzy
+1|6778
wiat a min if u turned off the ea score thing then why d you still have one?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

old data sticks around.
str33k
+0|6817
works so much faster
  Why did that one querry take so much longer then the regular stats one that you do now?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

First method: query stats, and then query ranking data. Two separate feeds. Ranking data query is brand spanking new, and thus super-freaking slow.

Second method: just query the stats.

I'm on the second method now till the ranking data feed speeds up. On the up side viewing the personal leaderboard will now re-queue the people in your list
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

Get score will do who cares about the rest of the world when there are aliens out there *cough* chuy *cough* with massive craniums and 3 frontal lobes giving them a total IQ of close to 1230714072043012 (rough estimate, figures may differ by 1000 or so).

I still don't understand any of this tech stuff. All i got was:

Chuy 'We can get your score faster but we have to asldljfadklnmvlsdjnvacjsabnvkasbfbsdafs'
polarbearz ' Ok sounds good. *nods enthusiatically*'

But yes I'm for it anyway
TrevorP
+0|6763
He's not THAT smart...(please dont ban me). He Probably has just used computers for a while...its all understanding what EA will provide you and coding.
Tweaky
+0|6756|Bay Area, CA

TrevorP wrote:

He's not THAT smart...(please dont ban me). He Probably has just used computers for a while...its all understanding what EA will provide you and coding.
But actually getting yer butt in motion and doing it is what makes him our leader
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

Tweaky your Leader? I worship chuy like a god.

*kowtows to chuy* please accept this offering of mashed potato and sweet corn as a subtitute for my worthless brain.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

mmmm, brainz....
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6810
I don't care much for badges... now I aim for medals (If possible by how many hrs. you have to play).
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

Yes! Chuy has accepted my humble offerings. I have an idea, instead of displaying the medal as an image, maybe you should just create something like

Gold Star (Picture) : (Number(
Silver Star (Picture)

Badges:

Medals:

Or such. Shouldn;'t it be faster?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

polarbearz wrote:

Yes! Chuy has accepted my humble offerings. I have an idea, instead of displaying the medal as an image, maybe you should just create something like

Gold Star (Picture) : (Number(
Silver Star (Picture)

Badges:

Medals:

Or such. Shouldn;'t it be faster?
I don't follow? MSPaint it?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

Wow, it's awesome to have nearly live updating now. The queue's hanging around 20 people last time I looked. ^_^
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

nonoo just a word list that goes like

Number of Gold Stars (Picture of Gold Star): (Number)

And for ribbons, medals etc, Just List it out and to heck with those he hasn't achieved yet.
*DuTcH*
+0|6816
Great job chuy.I nominate u 4 a GREAT SERVICE 2 THE PUBLIC MEDAL.Ubar is updated stats r fast and great forum 2 well done m8

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_6348/tpl_0/image.jpg
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.

chuyskywalker wrote:

mmmm, brainz....
you must rub your forehead when saying that

But anyway, YESSS, fast updates!
Thank god! (= chuyhitmanskywalker)
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6809|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
did you have to do a lot of tweaking once EA/IGN changed the updating stuff or was it pretty simple to meld with the old system?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

from the first system to the new XML system is *completely* different. Had to rewrite that entire piece of code from scratch. Fun! And, to be honest, the XML format is much, much harder to parse than that tab-delimitered version was. The data is not, honestly, complicated enough to truely warrant the overhead and complicated parsing routines that XML incurs. I mean, after all, it really just breaks down to:

Code:

key=value
^shrug^
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

pusher wrote:

4.@whoever:one of the best forums i´ve ever seen.considering the....ummm....."moderatorism"
HEY! Don't make me ban you!
Buzerk1
+44|6806
Chuy... those updates are way to fast now, can you do something about it..... lolll j/k

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard