Defiance
+438|6669

Afraid? No. Of course, I'd like to live on for another half-century at least.

When I die, for whatever reason (and military action is very unlikely, but you never know), it's just another step in being.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
I've got so much to lose, but if it happens, it happens.
#rekt
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA
Death is baad, mmmkay?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Well the idea of death has never really bothered me... but that as in my own death not death of others... death of other bothers me, they dont choose to, they dont want to. but personally i think if i died id just be gone and it doesnt really matter....
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
can't say,I'm afraid of it,but there isn't much I can do. live to the maximum.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire
The death of loved ones troubles me more than the idea of my own death...your own death is nothing to worry about, you just have to hope you're lucky enough to not have a long and painful one.
BVC
+325|6694
If I stay in my own back yard, I don't have to worry about getting nuked.

Being dragged into someone else's shitty war or having to deal with someone else's shitty fallout, maybe...

Last edited by Pubic (2008-08-17 07:33:33)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Doesn't really bother me, one of those long slow deaths from some disease or something I think would be the worst way to go. Just as long as I meet a few people I've also wanted to and done some stuff I've always wanted to first then I'm not particularly worried.
ReTox
+100|6497|State of RETOXification
Life is pleasant, death is peaceful... it's the transition that is troublesome.
Veridic
+2|6147
I tend to think of death to be like what is was before you born.  Since I don't remember anything before I was born, I predict that death will be the same.

I am suprised to see a lot of responses referring to an afterlife.  I can understand not wanting to die young, but I personally wouldn't want to live forever, either in this life or the next.  I would prefer my life to have an good complete ending, and not like Brett Farve's career.

Anyway, if you had a choice between an eternal life, or just an end, which would you prefer?
13rin
+977|6477
I think death is the end of life. Translation, Game Over, That's it, no more.  It doesn't matter if you're a fly or a pope.  There is nothing else after.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
beerface702
+65|6691|las vegas
dunno trying not to think much about it

bought my first Motorcycle 3 weeks ago(Honda Spirit 750 C2) It's candy red with flames, got the saddle bags for when i haul stuff.

it's bad ass, and im just enjoying the ride, taking it easy.

Gonna throw some Cobra cruzer pipes and K&N on that sucker at the end of the year..

I pray Death is not knocking.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6691|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Bleh, in my opinion, I'd say most of you are lying out your ass and will be afraid of it when it stared you down in the face one day. But, as I said, that's my opinion.

As for me, death is an interesting topic.

I've been in the Navy for one year now, as a Hospital Corpsman for six months. I'm stationed at Naval Hospital Jacksonville, working on the inpatient ward, which receives all of the inpatients, unless they need to go to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). I haven't actually seen death happen before my eyes, but I've seen people who are on their way to dying, be it of a condition or of natural causes. It's eerie to actually watch somebody physically dying, knowing you can't do anything to help them, but sit there and talk with them until they're moved to the ICU.

My next tour of duty will be with the Marines, hopefully 1st Marine Division, as a Fleet Marine Force Corpsman, easily known as a medic. Pretty much all of the Corpsman I've met, work with, or have worked with, who have been in for more than five years, have been with the Marines. One person in particular, and instructor at Hospital Corps School, HM2 (For his sake, I'll reference him as HM2), has told me a lot about what death is like.

HM2 is a Combat Air Crew Corpsman. Pretty much, he does CASEVAC while with the Marines. He's been to Iraq five times in five years, shortest time 6 weeks due to injury, and longest 7 months, the standard Marine deployment. He was a gung-ho, "I don't fear death!" type until he started doing CASEVAC.

HM2 has seen people die right as they get taken off of the helicopter at the treatment facility, as well as on the way, and even as they're coming up into the helicopter. From those experiences, his view has completely changed. HM2 told me that it's a fear-inducing experience to see people die in your arms, knowing that that can happen to you.

As HM2 told me, "Death is always something to fear. It makes us do our jobs, which means something bad is happening. But you can't let that fear grasp you and take a hold of your life. You must accept that fear and not let it cloud your judgment, for someone's life is hanging in the balance, you cannot thing "Oh my god, he's dying!" and cower. You must prevail and overcome your fear."

Personally, I fear death. I fear it because of my job. It's not the ways I can die, but it's that knowing if I die, then who is going to make sure others that count on me to make sure they don't die?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
When I die, for whatever reason (and military action is very unlikely, but you never know), it's just another step in being.
I reckon its oblivion, which the mind can't comprehend so we have religion.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

I'd much rather be wrong about God existing than be wrong about Him not existing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

Afraid to die?

No. It will be blackness and I will be unaware I am dead as my brain activity will have ceased. I will be afraid to leave my kids alone without my support.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I'll man up unlike parker here. Scared of it sure, but I find you can easily distract yourself and forget about it and live life not thinking about.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
Whenever life gets you down Mrs. Brown, just consider this:

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone
It happens. Hopefully as late as possible and peaceful.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
I would face the firing squad tbh

I don't fear death itself, it's the prospect of slowly dying from disease that concerns me.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london

S.Lythberg wrote:

I would face the firing squad tbh

I don't fear death itself, it's the prospect of slowly dying from disease that concerns me.
shoulda used a condom
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

FEOS wrote:

I'd much rather be wrong about God existing than be wrong about Him not existing.
Isn't he all-forgiving? Shouldn't he forgive me for not believing, especially since he made me in such a way that I require proof?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
after todays event,yeah,my opinion on death is being reconsidered.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
The whole issue still boggles my mind. I don't know what to believe, and I'm somewhat religious.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

chittydog wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Isn't he all-forgiving? Shouldn't he forgive me for not believing, especially since he made me in such a way that I require proof?
Apparantly Jesus says all but blasphemy of the holy spirit (and no, not the blasphemy challenge nonsense) will be forgiven, so I assume that goes for all us nonbelievers/skeptics.

I saw a video where a guy was trying to explain blasphemy of the holy spirit.  His example was if you saw jesus doing his aledged works and miracles, instead of praising him (or saying nothing) if you praise the devil for it, that will not be forgiven.

Which, you could argue is still petty, if there is a God,  take it up with him

Personally, am not sure, it serves no purpose to dwell on it as it is something you cant escape.  Death is the great leveler of us all.

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard