Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6723|England
hi,
im having a real big problem and now i am fed up with it. when i play games, mainly bf2 on the pc, i find that the keys and mouse 'stick' and sometimes lag. its really doing my tits in as it keeps causing me to die. an example is when im sniping on a roof or something and im changing my position, the keys on the keyboard will 'stick' and i will continue doing whatever i pressed last, so if i press forward and the keys stick, i will continue going forward for 5 seconds and during that 5 deconds i cannot do anything with either the mouse or keyboard. so what commonly happens is i end up falling off the roof and a i cannot deploy the parachute so i end up falling to my death. but it has no become so annoying and frequent ive stopped playing games for now as this 'sticking' is unbareable. ive done virus scans spyware ad ware etc and removed anything that is fond but still this problem happens. has anyone got any idea how this bloody annoying problem can be solved? ive changed the connection of the keyboard from PS/2 to USB and that made no difference, ive cleaned the ports and still no difference.
any ideas?

thanks

jason
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6723
Im sure this is caused by lag not your keyboard or settings. Lag from your internet or your computer will do just that.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-03-05 07:32:18)

Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6723|England
my ping is almost a constant 20 so i doubt its the tinterweb connection
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6748

Drykill wrote:

my ping is almost a constant 20 so i doubt its the tinterweb connection
damn... thats good ping and still kb lag? try testing another keyboard and mouse and see if that works or its just sumthing that came up with the new patch
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Masta_Daco
+39|6768|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
maybe you have to stop jerking off srry had to do that but maybe your keyboard has a lot of stuff in the letters srry for the poor english its cuz i am dutch
DSRTurtle
+56|6717
I've had something similar happen to me.  What I noticed was that when I jumped out of an aircraft, I would forget to "release" the w key.  As a result, I would not be deploying the parachute when I hit the 9 kit.  You might to look at your fingers the next time you try it.  It could be something that simple.
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6692

Drykill wrote:

its really doing my tits in as it keeps causing me to die.
Quit milking over the keyboard then!!! 
xRay_swe
+0|6664
My friend has the same problem. I think it has something to do with your chipset or graphicscard. You have a ATi-card right? Its only happening to him when his card overheats!
mitsteig
+0|6759|Buxton, Maine

Masta_Daco wrote:

maybe you have to stop jerking off srry had to do that but maybe your keyboard has a lot of stuff in the letters srry for the poor english its cuz i am dutch
I love The Netherlands! you guys are such pervs!
Been to Amsterdam 4 times & couldn't get enough.
Couldn't go to coffee shop cause my next assignment required pee testing... :^(
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6723|England
''I've had something similar happen to me.  What I noticed was that when I jumped out of an aircraft, I would forget to "release" the w key.  As a result, I would not be deploying the parachute when I hit the 9 kit.  You might to look at your fingers the next time you try it.  It could be something that simple.'' - definately not that, i take my hands of the keybord when it happens.

''Quit milking over the keyboard then!!!'' - LOL

'' maybe your keyboard has a lot of stuff in the letters '' -  fair new keyboard and ive kept this one clean

''My friend has the same problem. I think it has something to do with your chipset or graphicscard. You have a ATi-card right? smile Its only happening to him when his card overheats!'' - yes i do have an ATI card (X800GTO²) it gets upto 55 degrees C when i play games, so this might be the problem? i'll try cool it and see if anything improves.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6723|England
ok it doesnt just happen in game, i was just typing some stuff up and ended up putting 15 ''o's'' in a word :\
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6707|Planet Seibertron ;)
1) Does this happen in Windows as well?
2) Is this a clean install of Windows w/ BF2?

If you answered yes to either one, then this is starting to look like a hardware problem.  It's not the keyboard but likely from the motherboard and/or the chipset + drivers being used.  Sometimes resource management just goes crazy.  Either the hardware is at fault or that you need to purge the chipset drivers and reinstall it.

If neither works in solving your problem, I suggest trying out another keyboard to determine whether or not the keyboard may be at fault.  Use any method in narrowing down what the probable cause is.  Keyboards are supposed to "just work" and for something like this to happen means something isn't behaving right, all the way down to the basic level.
Skinnister
+43|6757|UK
thats happned to me alot, when im moving and then I press the type button and type a message in I will kepp on going until i finished typing the message in...handy at time but a pain in the ass when your sniping and you fall of the roof LOL
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6723|England
yes it does hapen in windows (i was using word and endded up typing solutiooooooooooooooon) (see what i mean by stick). i havent wiped my pc for a few months now if that makes any difference? i recently purchased some new ram for my pc which it didnt seem to like very much when used on its own (pc kept crashing) but when i added some more ram, it stopped crashing??(id did thid before on my other motherboard when i used two sticks of identical ram???). i now have 3gb's of ram in my pc :\ i dont think it started when i got the new ram but im not quite sure, i will test it with the old ram and see what happens. im planning on getting a new hard drive within the next few days so i'll have a new install pretty soon and see if it still happens.
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6707|Planet Seibertron ;)
Before you install any other hardware, I'd want you to remember when the last time the system actually worked without a problem.  From that timeframe, I'd want you to list me every step you have taken since then in regards to hardware and software installs.  Just from glancing over what you have said, I can tell that there's a mess brewing.  And we need to stop everything before it gets worse.  Adding or upgrading hardware isn't the complete solution to your problem.  It's about narrowing down what caused it and isolating it.

If you haven't reinstalled Windows in a while, then have faith in your system for a bit longer.  At the moment, just reinstalling windows may not solve or remedy the problem (the problem would likely persists even after a reinstall).  When basic hardware such as keyboards and mice start to go nuts, it's never a good sign.

Follow the steps, and add a full details on your hardware specs.  If you do not know how, view the stickied guide and look up CPU-Z.  The more I know about what went on in progression, the better I can at the very least isolate what the problem is.  I do not want to second-guess anything at this point since the cause can be a number of things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard