1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

LimpPP wrote:

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

The A-10 didn't give us F-15C's a chance in the Gulf War! I flew 13 sorties and only 1 confirmed kill that was a T-80 MBT. Our unit wanted more, but those A-10's bet us to our objectives.
Only question I have is....how does a F-15C get an A/G kill? The F-15C/D have no air to ground capabilities, with the exception of the gun...but that wouldn't stop a tank even with HEI. I know this as I load munitions in the AF...and have for the last 11 years...and will till I hit 20 . In fact when we do our functional checks....if the A/G video lines from the CP(Computer Programer) cause the fail...we disconnect and stow the connecter. Only the F-15E carries A/G munitions.....though I am not saying the F-15C/D is no good. It does have the best radar for A/A. Also from watching the war games from the observation room during Red Flag(War Games at Nellis AFB) the F-15C/D's ate up the F-16 Agressors....though one of the F-15s almost flew into the square area in the middle of the play area....which is HIGHLY offlimits.

Also the A-10 is a flying tank.

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

It's not a GL its a real artillery piece! I don't know what piece thou. In, BF2 the AC-130 would have to have a gunner for each weapon system. If I remeber right I think there are four weapon pieces onboard.
AC-130H has a 105mm Howitzer and a 40mm Bofars cannon. It had 2 x 20mm M61A1, but they took them out as they was not as effective from 5000+ feet in the air. When they was used in the 60's and 70's they also had 2 x 7.62mm guns. BUT the AC-130U has 105mm,40mm, and 25mm(soon to be replaced with a 30mm(same as whats in an A-10, but will be diffrent gun)) I actually got a flight in on e of these as we came back from a TDY.  the 40mm will rock the plan, but the 105 is a beast. u get pushed back in ur seat when they fire it. It has a 45 inch recoil and causes the planes ass end to slide 8 feet in the air. Got to seat in the booth with the sensor operator and watch him blow the crap out of the static tanks and trucks on the range. The gunner crew is 3 or 4 for the 105, and I think 3 for the 40mm, but they don't shot both at the same time....I think it's 4 gunners at once.
We did destroy a tank we were all full of munition. We were fitted for our sortie with ARAAMs just to partol the "no-fly zone" between Saudi and Iraq. We did'nt see shit,all their aircraft through weeks before of friendly-bombing destroyed the MIGs. We just flew around for nothing. About 3 hours into our sortie, we saw 1 T-80 MBT for the Iraqi Army, we all wanted to get it! I should take back what I said about "my" kill, I really don't know that I killed the tank operators,no I don't think I did to tell you the truth but my pilot's and I, we share it and and give rights to saying "my" kill, Anyways, we made 3 strafes of 3 aircraft, each with the 20 going on hot.I  was last to strafe came in after 2 other aircraft didn't do visible damage, the MBT was not moving after the 1st aircraft let it out, I was optimistic about if we killed them or not. I strafed thinking the 20 is not going to get a hole in a tank! Well, I guessed wrong! 1 or 2 hit it's oil or gas tank because when I came , the rear  was on fire I did 5 burst and we saw the munitions blow, we saw no life in it so we return to base ASAP to tell that an aircraft that had A/A greatness can do a A-10's job! Thats my weary old Gulf War veteran story.

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-05 06:18:07)

E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6696|UK

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

Man I'm just hogging this topic! Cut me some slack it's about my job.
I want to be a jet pilot.

Please will you PM me with some info on getting to where you are now.

that would be good thanks
sheggalism
+16|6750|France
In real life which plane in the game would dominate all ?

Air to Air combat : 1 : EF 2000   2 : Mig29 / J-10   3 : F-15E / F-18 / Su-34
Air to Ground : 1 : A-10  2 : Su-39   3 : F-35B / F-15E / Su-30 / EF 2000
Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

Su37
xaven
+25|6741|Berlin
eurofighter / f35b
dr4gonman
+0|6816
Hey Mike, drop by with your 15 and give me a ride man.  Only aircraft in the USAF inventory I would have given my left nut to ride/fly.  And after you get your new bird come give me ride in that one too.  I'm sure I can fit into it somewhere.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6794|Netherlands
F/a 22
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6643|NJ
The F-15E Strike Eagle is currently the best plane in the world (check its stats on wiki) but since the F-15 is so old they started workin on the F/A-22. The F/A-22 is taking over the throne
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine
Can Americans say that best jet in the world is russian jet ? No they cannot . So this topic is stupid .
U all have no jets such as Su-27\Su-30\Su-37 . They are the most manoeuvres jets in the world .
They can do "Cobra" , no other jets cannot . Men , who saw this jets flying will understand me .
dr4gonman
+0|6816
That cobra maneuver will do them no good when they are at cruising speed and get popped from 70NM with an amraam 120 (or whatever they are up to now).  The f15 + better pilots + better avionics = f15 > Su whatever + anything.  And yes the cobra is an impressive manuever in an air show.  To bad they wouldn't get to use it much in actual combat.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

dr4gonman wrote:

Hey Mike, drop by with your 15 and give me a ride man.  Only aircraft in the USAF inventory I would have given my left nut to ride/fly.  And after you get your new bird come give me ride in that one too.  I'm sure I can fit into it somewhere.
Haha ok were you stationed at? The F-15C is a two seater so no worries there! The F/A-22 ...... I hope your small, how about the weapon's bay? hahaha! I can get you in a T-37 Tweety Bird? Not as fun thou I have too warn you!  Hey and thank you for tell every one the 15 is "owns" every fighter to date! USAF even proved it during Red Flag Sorties at KEWD! As the combat test show.....

F-15C> MIG-29 {Tough dogfight thou}

F-15C>F-16

F-15C>SU-37 {Another close one}

F-15C<F/A-22
{Thats my new bird so hey I'm happy!}
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

Longbow wrote:

Can Americans say that best jet in the world is russian jet ? No they cannot . So this topic is stupid .
U all have no jets such as Su-27\Su-30\Su-37 . They are the most manoeuvres jets in the world .
They can do "Cobra" , no other jets cannot . Men , who saw this jets flying will understand me .
I have and went against them in Red Flag Sorties! Sure they handle very well, and have great aerodynamics, yet I "Shot" down 2 Fulcrums and 1 SU-37 before I crossed there Doppler radar! Tough dogfight though I must say against the SU-37,I lose 12 lbs. from the sweat and from the G's I pulled to get on his 6!
[tlv]TDL
+7|6666
SU-47 pwns them all.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine
Su-37 isn't even serial-produced , it's only a prototipe , how you can "shot" down it ?
Man , this plane is still not complete , it is  develope now  .
Fulcrum is rather old plane , the new modification is MiG-29M and it's much better .
I dont say american jets are bad . They are good , but for some things russian are better .
The one thing , in what your planes are better - is electronics . Ours is old and it sux And new goverment doesn't gives military industry such a lot money , as in USSR .

Last edited by Longbow (2006-03-05 09:44:02)

two-zero-sniper
+0|6645
F-14 F-18 are the most powerfull all rounder plane as of this year
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

Longbow wrote:

Su-37 isn't even serial-produced , it's only a prototipe , how you can "shot" down it ?
Man , this plane is still not complete , it is  develope now  .
Fulcrum is rather old plane , the new modification is MiG-29M and it's much better .
I dont say american jets are bad . They are good , but for some things russian are better .
The one thing , in what your planes are better - is electronics . Ours is old and it sux And new goverment doesn't gives military industry such a lot money , as in USSR .
Red Flags are sorties and combat missions with out the missles being involved. Red October? Ever hear of it? Well it's a group of USAF and USN and a group of Russians. It's a wargame pretty much. We go at each other and if locked on and engage a missle sends signal to CT and then that aircraft must land andis out of play. Su-37 and 47 are out and in Red October. The Prototype of the 37 is what the comrades are flying. Thank you are planes are and always will be better!
Mobius_One1021
+3|6726
First of all, I have to say that this is an awesome topic.  I'm in college now going for my Aerospace Engineering degree and am most likely going to go for a job in Lockheed Martin (the guys who make the F/A-22 and the F-35).  I go to RPI and we have good placement into their company, so I'm really looking forward to it.

As far as planes go, I've always been a huge fan of the F-14 (I grew up on Long Island by [Northrop] Grumman, so I have my loyalties there).  However, the F-15 in closer combat situations is superior....but it still can't sarry Phoenix missiles .  For anyone who doesn't know, the F-22 is basically replacing the F-15 (I think there's a rumored 2-seater F-22B to replace the F-15E at some point, but don't quote me on this).  The F-35 is basically replacing everything else.  It's basically taking the place of the F-16 in the USAF, the F-18 in the Navy, and the Harrier in the Marines.  In a dogfight however, F-15>almost anything.  In fact, I think perhaps only the Raptor could truly beat it.

But to answer the question in-game, F-15

Thank you are planes are and always will be better!

I'll make sure of that, Mike!
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6752|I'm worldwide, beotch

airborne916 wrote:

WHAT KIND IF QUSTION IS THAT? the F-35 owns ALL with it's mach 1.5 in super cruse and mach 1.8 in full after burner. Plus it has full stealth and the wepons are all in a wepons bay in the jet, so when it fires the bay door is only open for 1 second. SO it would go open, fire, close in just one second. The F-25 owns the F-15 in every way possble, the F-15 went up againts the F-35 in the testing and got raped.
Irrelevant. You can't actually DO anything at Mach 1.5 except go in a straight line, which has nothing to do with combat.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
the united states military is superior to any other fighting force in the world, end of story.
HippieHunter
+4|6667|Virginia, USA
https://www.outofrange.net/blogarchive/archives/wrightbros.jpg
Imagine this coming at you in the dead of night while I fire a pistol.

Scary I know
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6639|New Hampshire, USA
Anyone know that an F-15 has never been lost in combat?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the united states military is superior to any other fighting force in the world, end of story.
The topic isnt about that its about which plane is the best.
engineer
+3|6731|Aalborg, Denmark

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

sragoot wrote:

I say the F-15E STRIKE EAGLE cause its been tried and tested under combat conditions and came out on top on every single engagement and its improved doplar radar can spot multiple enemy air targets from over 100 miles away, and can engage up to 4 enemy air targets at once. Also it can bomb the hell out of the enemy with pin point accuracy and switch right back to the role of an air superiority fighter with a flick of a switch. This plane is a marvel of technology.

What are every body elses thoughts on this, if this has been posted already, so bloody what.
I have to say F-15C because I fly them! 4 enemy targets is not true, its only 3. and plus it's not 100 miles its only 60-75 NMs and thats only with ARAAMs, thous we can carry 4 or 3 UGBs. Thanks for choosing my plane! But, I gotta say I'm being reordered to the F/A-22 in 2 years so we will see if that lives up to it's glory that I hear about all over base.  The Doppler rader on the bird helps a TON in 0.1 visablity!
im agreed with u, though i dont fly jets. (im 13 and they wont let me in.... why?;P) im dreaming of flying jets when im getting older but dosent matters. i say F/A-22 if the stealth stuff works.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Anyone know that an F-15 has never been lost in combat?
I think 1 has been lost, but the pilot is safe. : )
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6642

Mobius_One1021 wrote:

First of all, I have to say that this is an awesome topic.  I'm in college now going for my Aerospace Engineering degree and am most likely going to go for a job in Lockheed Martin (the guys who make the F/A-22 and the F-35).  I go to RPI and we have good placement into their company, so I'm really looking forward to it.

As far as planes go, I've always been a huge fan of the F-14 (I grew up on Long Island by [Northrop] Grumman, so I have my loyalties there).  However, the F-15 in closer combat situations is superior....but it still can't sarry Phoenix missiles .  For anyone who doesn't know, the F-22 is basically replacing the F-15 (I think there's a rumored 2-seater F-22B to replace the F-15E at some point, but don't quote me on this).  The F-35 is basically replacing everything else.  It's basically taking the place of the F-16 in the USAF, the F-18 in the Navy, and the Harrier in the Marines.  In a dogfight however, F-15>almost anything.  In fact, I think perhaps only the Raptor could truly beat it.

But to answer the question in-game, F-15

Thank you are planes are and always will be better!

I'll make sure of that, Mike!
Hoorah Brother! Thank you, I'll be waiting for your new design and ready to fly in it anytime! :^)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard