iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6657
there are a few shots in the video, where you show a hit, but there is a cut that time. are those hits which werent registered, so you didnt get a kill?

i noticed that sometimes the tank does not kill a jet, but damages it. is it possible?
Safrguns
+105|6132

iD wrote:

there are a few shots in the video, where you show a hit, but there is a cut that time. are those hits which werent registered, so you didnt get a kill?

i noticed that sometimes the tank does not kill a jet, but damages it. is it possible?
The most important aspect of the first person footage was to show the right amount of lead that results in a hit,
or to demonstrate the various methods of reactive aiming (throw shooting). 
I cut away once the footage was no longer useful for training.
Some shots I actually got the kill, others were stolen by a jet, others the pilots got away or bailed,
and yet others (1 or 2) the pilot turned around and killed me with a TV before I could finish him off with coax.

Yes... its rare, but sometimes you can hit a jet dead on, the hit registers, and he will just smoke a little.
Safrguns
+105|6132
I have updated the full version of the tutorial on GamerzTheatre.
It is now viewable there in fullscreen divx format.
The video and audio quality is now much better.

Jet-Eye Tanker School (Divx)

The filefront version will remain in wmv format for those who don't wish to install the divx player.

The divx full version can be downloaded, and the extension changed to .avi for viewing on other players.

Pardon the shameless bump.
Redback00
+51|6575
Great vid.

Steeling jet kills from other jets in your tank.....nice
hodge2003
Sucking Hack Enabled
+1|5877|Pennsylvania, USA
Don't know if anyone wrote this, because I didn't want to read every post, but the guy in the video looks like he's reading a cue card.  Great tutorial though, I just started driving tanks a lot and this should help.  Thanks!
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6327
Yeah, he probably scripted out all his speech. Did you know that is a computer voice talking? Crazy huh.
Safrguns
+105|6132

hodge2003 wrote:

Don't know if anyone wrote this, because I didn't want to read every post, but the guy in the video looks like he's reading a cue card.  Great tutorial though, I just started driving tanks a lot and this should help.  Thanks!
LoL... no... nobody else said anything about that, but you are right.
Its one of the things i didn't like about the way that part of it turned out.
It was virtually impossible to catch the mouth opening while the eyeballs were stationary.
I tried other approaches, like overlaying the mouth area only, but that didn't work well either.
If I have a need to do it again, I still think there's a way to do it better, just havn't figured it out yet.

Thanks!
Safrguns
+105|6132

Ten24Alpha420 wrote:

Yeah, he probably scripted out all his speech. Did you know that is a computer voice talking? Crazy huh.
Yes... scripted it out several times... I think i went through at least 3 versions.
You should hear all my bloopers. 

Do  I really sound like a computer? lol
blacklupus
+13|6692
Some pretty good tank shots in there. Very good tutorial you made there. Finally someone who thinks a little about the game he plays.

AND: You don't sound like a computer.
Good explanation done there.
hodge2003
Sucking Hack Enabled
+1|5877|Pennsylvania, USA

Safrguns wrote:

hodge2003 wrote:

LoL... no... nobody else said anything about that, but you are right.
Its one of the things i didn't like about the way that part of it turned out.
It was virtually impossible to catch the mouth opening while the eyeballs were stationary.
I tried other approaches, like overlaying the mouth area only, but that didn't work well either.
If I have a need to do it again, I still think there's a way to do it better, just havn't figured it out yet.

Thanks!
Oh well, I know a couple tankers in the Army and they would have to read from a cue card, too.  They're not that bright! (No offense if you are one, or in the military!   I'm in the military as well!)
Safrguns
+105|6132

blacklupus wrote:

Some pretty good tank shots in there. Very good tutorial you made there. Finally someone who thinks a little about the game he plays.

AND: You don't sound like a computer.
Good explanation done there.
Thanks Blacklupus!...  most of it comes from getting my A** blown off by a TV missile.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Can not believe it's been over 2 months before I saw this.

But yet again an amazing video with a great tutorial to bootl (but nothing I didn't know already ). Loved the music, brought back some good memories.

Can't wait for the next one.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

I always said I would watch this but never did. In all honesty, that is the best-put together video I have ever seen, combined with truely epic shots and solid explanations. Even the trailer is of top quality.

Ive only ever managed it once, and that was when I was some sort of Sgt rank

Safrguns Video > Gixmo Camaxides Video

A well overdue +1 for sure.
Safrguns
+105|6132

DrunkFace wrote:

Can not believe it's been over 2 months before I saw this.

But yet again an amazing video with a great tutorial to bootl (but nothing I didn't know already ). Loved the music, brought back some good memories.

Can't wait for the next one.
Thank you!

The next one is just going to focus on the funny.
Safrguns
+105|6132

Snake wrote:

I always said I would watch this but never did. In all honesty, that is the best-put together video I have ever seen, combined with truely epic shots and solid explanations. Even the trailer is of top quality.

Ive only ever managed it once, and that was when I was some sort of Sgt rank

Safrguns Video > Gixmo Camaxides Video

A well overdue +1 for sure.
Wow... Thank you very much!
I would be lying if I said I didn't like seeing the favorable comparison to Gismo's video...
But...
I really do wish to encourage others to make more tank vids.
I know there's some other serious tankers out there besides Gismo and me.  (and Gismo is retired)
I just don't want to hold them to any standard for sharing their skill on video.
Even some extremely short vids would be cool. 

Thanks again Snake for the great compliment!
Safrguns
+105|6132
The full version of the tutorial is now on Vimeo!

edit:  LINK REMOVED

some were unable to see it before at Gamerz, and i've been shopping
alternate sites that don't limit file size.
Vimeo has recently done some upgrades, and i'm pretty happy with
their features.

edit:  VIMEO IS BANNING GAMING VIDEOS?

The streaming quality at gamerz is still the best though.

What I really like about Vimeo is that they also provide the source
file for download as well.

edit:  Too Bad for them!  sorry i didn't check this out better before posting.

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-08-14 08:53:47)

pauli *wsaf
+23|5788
well Vimeo bans all gaming videos in two weeks so why do u bother uploading it there? btw I have new way of streaming HD flash videos... if u want to know more contact me on xfire: ubersoldatwsafcz
Safrguns
+105|6132

pauli *wsaf wrote:

well Vimeo bans all gaming videos in two weeks so why do u bother uploading it there? btw I have new way of streaming HD flash videos... if u want to know more contact me on xfire: ubersoldatwsafcz
You know, I saw that as a restriction, but after seeing all the other gaming videos, i thought it meant something else.
Why they ban gaming videos?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Safrguns wrote:

pauli *wsaf wrote:

You know, I saw that as a restriction, but after seeing all the other gaming videos, i thought it meant something else.
Why they ban gaming videos?
They think gaming videos aren't "creative" enough. Gaming videos tend to be huge files and they claim it raped their bandwidth.
Safrguns
+105|6132

ebug9 wrote:

They think gaming videos aren't "creative" enough. Gaming videos tend to be huge files and they claim it raped their bandwidth.
Well, I also just signed up at machinima.com
They are currently upgrading too, and uploads are not available yet.
i'll cross my fingers for there, and delete my vimeo account.
If they gonna be that way, all gamers and machinima enthusiasts should do the same.

Thanks for the info... after reading their blog discussion on it, I don't see them reconsidering at all.
I don't think they realize how much traffic machinima generates for their site.
Time for them to find out.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

I think Machinima was controversial. They might not end up deleting them. It's frag videos they want to get rid of.
pauli *wsaf
+23|5788
All vimeo HD videos are same bitrate... so its not bigger or smaller / its just about length.
Safrguns
+105|6132

ebug9 wrote:

I think Machinima was controversial. They might not end up deleting them. It's frag videos they want to get rid of.
I noticed that issue in the blog discussion.
However, who will be in charge of defining what is machinima, and what is frag?
Nomatter where they draw the line, they will be judging quality and turning users away as a result,
simply to enforce a quality standard and to save some bandwidth.

As for me, they can keep their service... i've already deleted my account.
Maybe I like watching frags.

I noticed on Machinima.com that they do have a file size limit (100m), but that they
are willing to overlook it in cases. looks like they are almost complete on their server upgrades.

So far, it looks good.
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5772|A W S M F O X
A+++++++++ movie, fantastic tutorial, some little tricks I hadn't thought of XD
Safrguns
+105|6132

A W S M F O X R O X wrote:

A+++++++++ movie, fantastic tutorial, some little tricks I hadn't thought of XD
Thank you Fox!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard